Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

niice work on that white/mid-navy 6.
Haha, thx Rdrex7, wouldnt have been possible if it werent for you
Just picked up my Fire Red 3's. I have to say they look AMAZING!! Pictures don't do them justice. On top of the great work, Peabrain is a super nice guy! Thanks so much!
Appreciate Sarnia, and I think these cements will turn out even better!

Peabrain is awesome. He was a huge help to me when i needed some help cleaning up my Raging Bull Vs. This man is a huge help to anyone needing help restoring the kicks!

Question for you. I'm restoring some tour yellow 4s, should I just paint over the white leather or strip the paint first? Also for the yellow I have (from turtle feathers) its not the right shade, should I add black to it?

Question for you. I'm restoring some tour yellow 4s, should I just paint over the white leather or strip the paint first? Also for the yellow I have (from turtle feathers) its not the right shade, should I add black to it?
Are you trying to repaint the whole white leather exterior of the shoe? or just a small part?

And if the yellow is too light, add some black paint

If its too dark then add some white paint

Until you get the perfect shade

(add the paint in small amounts)

'Sup peabrain! Very impressed with your work, all your restoration look like they're deadstock condition! I was just wondering if you buy new laces or keep the ones on the shoe? If you keep them, what's your restoring process on the laces?

are before and after pics posted?
I sent him a PM, he should post up some pictures soon
'Sup peabrain! Very impressed with your work, all your restoration look like they're deadstock condition! I was just wondering if you buy new laces or keep the ones on the shoe? If you keep them, what's your restoring process on the laces?
Thanks James!

I always keep the original ones the shoes come with, I just deep clean them

For white shoe laces I mix a little bleach (comet), dish soap, hot water and the laces in a bottle

And I just shake the bottle whenever Im watching TV, on the computer or just lounging around

I repeat this process a couple of times depending on how dirty the laces are

Alright gotcha. So what do you do when a lace has a broken anglet at the end of the lace? 

Alright gotcha. So what do you do when a lace has a broken anglet at the end of the lace? 
I've actually never encountered that

Im sure there's a way to repair that though,

Or worst case scenario I guess I'd just buy another set of laces

Last edited:
This is what it looked like before. Can't take too much credit. Peabrain helped me out. I just used the Lincoln EZ Cleaner

This is what it looked like after:

Also peabrain, I saw some crumbling in the back of my other sneaker. What's that about and any way to prevent it or even fix it?

Also peabrain, I saw some crumbling in the back of my other sneaker. What's that about and any way to prevent it or even fix it?
Like midsole crumbling?

If so, Im pretty sure its unsalvageable, the only thing you could do is have a midsole swap done

Like midsole crumbling?

If so, Im pretty sure its unsalvageable, the only thing you could do is have a midsole swap done
so what is it about? What causes it and is there anything I can do to slow it down or stop it? It's only a little crumbling but i want to do what I can.

so what is it about? What causes it and is there anything I can do to slow it down or stop it? It's only a little crumbling but i want to do what I can.
Basically foam midsoles tend to dry out over time, thus leading to cracking

The cracking will only get worse over time, if you try to wear the shoe, mostly likely, it will crumble completely

But like I mentioned before, you can have a midsole swap done and then they will be wearable again

Basically foam midsoles tend to dry out over time, thus leading to cracking

The cracking will only get worse over time, if you try to wear the shoe, mostly likely, it will crumble completely

But like I mentioned before, you can have a midsole swap done and then they will be wearable again
I see, thanks man.

I'm liking your work. I have a pair of Fire Red 3's that I would like to have FULLY RESTORED. Do you have an email that I can send you some pics to for a price quote?

Back
Top Bottom