Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Thanks Diplomat!

And I could write out everything but RMS has a great video explaining everything about the 13's which would probably be better than my explanation anyway lol

Take a look and let me know if you have anymore questions,

Repped thanks! Only thing he didnt go over was the bleeding on the side of the 13's around the area i circled

As you can see it is turning red when its supposed to be white. Any idea on how to clean those? Thanks PB

Repped thanks! Only thing he didnt go over was the bleeding on the side of the 13's around the area i circled

As you can see it is turning red when its supposed to be white. Any idea on how to clean those? Thanks PB
dont mean to answer on someone elses thread but this bleeding will not come off (correct me if im wrong) so i painted mine white with angelus paint (white obviously) and they look brand new again, easy fix

dont mean to answer on someone elses thread but this bleeding will not come off (correct me if im wrong) so i painted mine white with angelus paint (white obviously) and they look brand new again, easy fix
Sorry about that Diplomat, for the bleeding pods, I would try a magic eraser or some ez lincoin cleaner and if that doesnt work

Just rub the area with some acetone and repaint with angelus paint like Rcjbbp mentioned

hey whats going on came across your work in the forums the other day gotta say you did some good work... i also live in toronto i got a pair of 99 4's which have been midsole swapped but when i did it i could never get the colour right to match the original on the heel tab/wings i wanted to know if youd be able to do this and how much it would cost shoot me a pm  i tried sending you one but it never went through

thanks 

Superb restoration OP!!!

I need help/Advice with my restoration project. I have a Jordan 4 Military blue ( forgot that i had this in my garage), when i found it last week the sole was all yellowed. most of the shoe are still in good condition.

Can the retrobrite fix this very yellowed sole? ( im thinking of painting it with white rubber paint.)
also on the front sole of the shoe its light gray color turned yellow. im thinking of buying angelus paint but is it more light gray or bone?

THANKS in Advance!!!

THIS IS THE REAL SHHHH!!!!!

Finally a nice 65ºF sunny weather.. Mixed those ingridients, applied a nice coat with toothbrush then wrap it with saran wrap. a big piece of tin foil on the table. set it for 1 hour...

Salute to you ...PEABRAIN!

THIS IS THE REAL SHHHH!!!!!

Finally a nice 65ºF sunny weather.. Mixed those ingridients, applied a nice coat with toothbrush then wrap it with saran wrap. a big piece of tin foil on the table. set it for 1 hour...

Salute to you ...PEABRAIN!
Wow Raff!

Great job on those, you brought them back to DS status!

Un-yellowing Jays Space Jams

My apology for the slight difference in lighting

Before:

After:

Last edited:
Hey Peabrain, amazing work bro.

I have a few questions myself......

I'm restoring a pair of Jordan XIV forest green.
I already stripped the green paint off the shoes and I'm getting ready to put on the new green angelus paint.
I still need to paint the midsole and uppers with white angelus paint.
Does it matter which part of the shoe I start painting first? Should I start with the green or should I start with the white on the uppers and midsole?
Also what is the best way to clean the white laces?
Any suggestions, tips or recommendations would be appreciated....

Another project I'm finishing up is a pair of Laney V's
On this pair I just need to ice the sole....
Here are the products I have for doing this...
Volumizer 40
Baking soda
Oxi clean
Hydrogen peroxide
And Saran wrap
What is the process to mix the retrobrite and what is the process on applying it?

Any help would greatly be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Whaaat? Fantastic work on my baby OG jams bro..ahaha..now I can rock them!!!

Thanks alot Master!!!
Thanks Jay!

and soon, I`m almost done you're BC3's
Wow! Space jams look amazing!

Are you going to grab the crimson Roshe's?
Thanks Adam,

Crimsons, Iguanas or the Blk/Mints, I`m officially on the hunt for whatever I can get my hands on lol

I thought you got your Iguanas already.
I'm still looking too. :lol:

Hey Peabrain, amazing work bro.

I have a few questions myself......

I'm restoring a pair of Jordan XIV forest green.
I already stripped the green paint off the shoes and I'm getting ready to put on the new green angelus paint.
I still need to paint the midsole and uppers with white angelus paint.
Does it matter which part of the shoe I start painting first? Should I start with the green or should I start with the white on the uppers and midsole?
Also what is the best way to clean the white laces?
Any suggestions, tips or recommendations would be appreciated....

Another project I'm finishing up is a pair of Laney V's
On this pair I just need to ice the sole....
Here are the products I have for doing this...
Volumizer 40
Baking soda
Oxi clean
Hydrogen peroxide
And Saran wrap
What is the process to mix the retrobrite and what is the process on applying it?

Any help would greatly be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Hey Kali,

I would start with the white, just because if you make a mistake and accidentally paint some white on the green parts of the midsole,

its no big deal because white is easily covered by green (the darker of the 2)

The best way I've found for cleaning white laces is a mixture of dishsoap, comet (bleach) and hot water.

Mix the 3 in a bottle and place the laces inside, put the cap back on and shake, shake, shake

Shake for a little while, when you're watching tv, or on the comp, etc

And then repeat the mixture until you're happy with the results

For Retrobrite,

Mix half a cup of Hydrogen Peroxide (liquid form) with a tablespoon of corn starch, then microwave it for 40 seconds in 20 second intervals, or until you get a gel like substance

Then mix a tablespoon of Oxiclean into it

Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes because it should expand,

Then stir again and apply

For applying,

Just use a old paintbrush or toothbrush and put a layer on the soles

Then Saran wrap the sole and you're done... well almost lol

Next put the shoe in direct sunlight and enjoy great results!
What size? 11.5?
12, I tried to squeeze into a 11.5 but my big toe was protruding through the mesh lol
I thought you got your Iguanas already.
I'm still looking too.
laugh.gif
I got the Blk/Sail's but thats it
ohwell.gif

Looks like we're both in the same boat though lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom