Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

^^Looking good
Thanks Polar!

Btw, those Aquamarine Camo Dunks you did.....
pimp.gif

Hi! First Post. Got in the restore game.. Read this thread a couple months ago a glad it's still active. I've taken before and after pics, just a lil tuff too post from the phone (any hints? Apple).

Ive gotten a general grasp of painting, whitening and creases out (the best that we can), thanks in large part to this thread and various videos ect. I started with a pair of Laneys because it had all aspects.

I'm getting on here to exchange tips and tricks to help each other out. Like I was able to get some 32% Hydrogen Peroxide that really speeds up the icey/anti-yellow process. I'm still currently using the Sun as a resource until I can get a UV bulb.

Has anyone painted the midsole on the 11's? I'm thinking about giving a fresh coat of white to the already white midsole. Think this is viable?

Hi! First Post. Got in the restore game.. Read this thread a couple months ago a glad it's still active. I've taken before and after pics, just a lil tuff too post from the phone (any hints? Apple).

Ive gotten a general grasp of painting, whitening and creases out (the best that we can), thanks in large part to this thread and various videos ect. I started with a pair of Laneys because it had all aspects.

I'm getting on here to exchange tips and tricks to help each other out. Like I was able to get some 32% Hydrogen Peroxide that really speeds up the icey/anti-yellow process. I'm still currently using the Sun as a resource until I can get a UV bulb.

Pm'd

Got to working on these 95s from 99 last night. Before...

After...

I couldn't get the air bubbles clear (must have been foggy from the inside), so I opted to just paint them. Went with black bottoms and they now remind me of the Motorsport bottoms.

I actually like the black midsole bottoms
Overall great job

They did turn out really well. I'm just now concerned about the longevity of the paint on the air bubbles. You know of any tricks to get the fog out when acetone doesn't work?

They did turn out really well. I'm just now concerned about the longevity of the paint on the air bubbles. You know of any tricks to get the fog out when acetone doesn't work?
Try using a blowdryer on them

It usually works for me

Does anyone know the steps of making an NIKE AIR logo on the heel tab of my Air Jordan 3 1994?? Or can make one for me for a reasonable price??

Does anyone know the steps of making an NIKE AIR logo on the heel tab of my Air Jordan 3 1994?? Or can make one for me for a reasonable price??

Has anyone painted the midsole on the 11's? I'm thinking about giving a fresh coat of white to the already white midsole. Think this is viable?
The part i painted black or the red portion

I used the wrong brush  (use synthetic hair so it doesnt come off on the pylon)

Last edited:

Real clean did you chip the old paint away? doesnt look lke any acetone was used
There are alot of solutions that dissolve this shoe paint that are nowhere as harsh. Id never use any grit sandpaper (unless cleaning a cut on a shoe). Theres some stuff walmart has thats an alternative... forgot what its called. 

care to explain your process a little? Ive heard you can use an exacto knife or something sharp to do it but how would you start?
Thats pretty much it, some people use an exacto knife, nail file, etc

You pretty much chip away at the paint

The only thing is, you can damage the midsole very easily if you arent careful so I wouldnt recommend it

for someone thats new to restorations

Back
Top Bottom