DONATE to China Earthquake Victims

http://
2008_05_15t092223_450x316_us_quake.jpg

NBA joins red cross
To learn more, call 1-800-RED-CROSS or log on www.nba.com/nba_cares/asia_reliefefforts.htmlwww.nba.com/nba_cares/asia_reliefefforts.htmlhttp://www.nba.com/nba_cares/asia_reliefefforts.html

http://www.nba.com/news/assist_080516.html
Quake death toll could reach 50,000
Officials said the final toll could more than double to 50,000.

every penny would make a difference, lets all give a hand.

Howyou can help
If you are outside of China, but would still like to offer some support, you can deposit US dollars into the following account:

US Dollar Account: 7112111482600000209
China CITIC Bank Beijing, Jiuxianqiao Branch
C&W Tower. No.14,
Jiuxianqiao Street, Chaoyang District
Beijing, China
Zip Code: 100016
Swift Code:CIBKCNBJ100
TEL: 86-10-64319780

[h3]Jet Li's One Foundation[/h3]
Another way to donate is through Jet Li's One Foundation. The site is all inChinese, but you can get at a Googletranslated version here. The site has options to pay by various online methods (including PayPal) with all proceeds going to the Red Cross Society ofChina.
[h3]Through mobile phone[/h3]
China Mobile has set up an earthquake relief fund. To donate via your mobile phone, simply send a text message to the telephone number '10699988',writing the number amount you would like to donate (from 1RMB to 30RMB) in the body of the text. The money will be deducted from your phone bill or prepaidcard.
[h3]A whole bunch of other ways[/h3]
If none of these donation methods suit your particular situation, definitely check out CNReviews' China Earthquake Donation Guide.Elliot Ng has created a continually updated list of ways you can donate. Be sure to check it out.
Picturesof the chaos

honestly, the way these countries are so corrupt, myanmar included, i refuse to donate anything to these places. my money wouldnt make it to those in need...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

honestly, the way these countries are so corrupt, myanmar included, i refuse to donate anything to these places. my money wouldnt make it to those in need...

cold blooded

or you could donate to your local salvation army or red cross. america needs a lot more help than you'd think. we as a nation are so quick to jump to theaid of others but not ones in our own country? F that.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Doesn't China already have all of the U.S's money.

they own claim to a lot of US debt

no disrespect to the victims of this horrible tragedy, my best wishes go out to them, but i hope the chinese government isnt expecting the US to lead the wayin terms of providing aid, china still has its oil money from darfur that they can use

Originally Posted by Jordan KingXI

cold blooded
hardly, look at the stories about food aid being refused to go to those in need and going to the military.

Yeah they are dumb rich, they can take care of themselves, they have a billion population or something.

Originally Posted by Stork

I don't support communist governments unfortunately

I agree. China has plenty of resources to help their own. If not, then it's their negligence and irresponsibility that should be held accountablerather than the rest of the world's.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

I agree. China has plenty of resources to help their own. If not, then it's their negligence and irresponsibility that should be held accountable rather than the rest of the world's.

now, now....that isnt very democratic of you. shouldnt you toe the party line?

where are your shoes made? clothes? electronics?

The chinese gov't is a joke though, there are areas where people need help, and the government has the resources available, but they put up signs thatencourage citizens to "actively help themselves"
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

I agree. China has plenty of resources to help their own. If not, then it's their negligence and irresponsibility that should be held accountable rather than the rest of the world's.

now, now....that isnt very democratic of you. shouldnt you toe the party line?

What the hell are you talking about? You don't seem to have an ounce of a clue as to what my politics are if you insinuate such a ridiculous thing.

this isnt directed at any one individual in this thread, however for those saying that we have still so much to do in the US, ask yourself have you done yourpart ?

Originally Posted by 18th letter

where are your shoes made? clothes? electronics?

word..they dont realize if it isnt for china alot of stuff would cost alot more to us US consumers. China needs to US and the US needs China simple asthat.

Originally Posted by 1212theory

this isnt directed at any one individual in this thread, however for those saying that we have still so much to do in the US, ask yourself have you done your part ?

I have done my part, and then some.

cold blooded
hardly, look at the stories about food aid being refused to go to those in need and going to the military.
food going to the military... I think that was the situation in Myanmar... not China...

http://freeinternetpress.com/story.php?sid=16678

Donating money equates to nothing more than a moral bailout for people.

I think the US pledged $500,000 to China which is more than enough, $0 would have been more than enough. It's unfortunate that the thousands who have diedwere really victims of
politics and corruption more than the natural disasters itself, more so Myanmar than China, the numbers didn't have to be this high.

RIP to the victims though.

cold blooded

that was myanmar, get your stuff straight first before accusing.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

or you could donate to your local salvation army or red cross. america needs a lot more help than you'd think. we as a nation are so quick to jump to the aid of others but not ones in our own country? F that.
thank you!!!!!!
thats what i always say!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom