Donating clothes etiquette?

i'm helping out the South Pacific with their recent natural disasters by volunteering and donating clothes.
i was wondering, if their is a certain etiquette for donating

i got a couple nice jackets, pants, beenies, fitteds, and shoes....
but i'm also contimplating throwing in some socks and some more "used" shoes as well
i'm not donating dirty draws or nothing like that lol, but are used socks/ used shoes coo?

its prolly a stupid question but i don't wanna go there with my bag of stuff and they
indifferent.gif
and send me off lol
so is their an etiquette to donating clothes?

People actually do give you
indifferent.gif
when you donate which defeats the purpose IMO. The only etiquette is that the clothes should be clean with no damage to them.Used sneakers and shoes are fine, used socks = no.

exactly.

Make sure they're clean, and intact. Don't go on and send some swiss cheesy @%+% you know?

When I volunteered at a church shelter when I was younger we used to get used (but washed) underwear and socks all the time.

Whatever people could give was appreciated.

Just don't try and use this opportunity as a way to get rid of your torn and just downright unwearable clothing, old %%@ draws, old %%@ socks, etc.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I remember there was bins of clothes by size and then a bunch of little different accessory boxes (One of underwear, socks, hats, gloves).

got ya...i figured the socks was a no lol

but i do got some brand new nike socks that are too small smh, lol

so the used shoes are ok?

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

When I volunteered at a church shelter when I was younger we used to get used (but washed) underwear and socks all the time.

- Yikes!

icon_lol.gif

keep ya socks...shoes are fine...even if they are a lil beat...but i wouldn't give away anything thats falling apart

occaisionally ill go thru my closet and dresser and pullout everythign that doesnt fit nor I want to donate.

Originally Posted by Be23ForLife

got ya...i figured the socks was a no lol

but i do got some brand new nike socks that are too small smh, lol

so the used shoes are ok?
Yeah.

People buy used shoes. Even beat ones, your an NTer you should know this
laugh.gif

lol i feel u,

the people working prolly won't know the value of True blue 3's

all they'll see is some beat +*$ jordans lol

so if you can't donate useable socks, what do you do with the ones you can't use no more?

Originally Posted by Methedy24

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

- Yikes!
Eh. It wasn't forced on anybody. If people wanted to take it, they could.

We mostly got new and unused underwear and socks though. It's just that we did get used stuff as well.

And almost all the used clothes were taken to the church cellar where they had this huge washing machine and dryer before they were to be given out. You couldsmell the fabric softener and soap on the clothes from a mile away.

Damn I used to love my church. But I stopped going since like 13.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom