Donating Plasma

Can someone tell me about it? I heard you can make thirty dollars for doing it but how do you find a place to do it in your area? Are there side affects? Is it a problem if you smoke weed and drink? How long does it take? How often can you do it and do you need parental supervision if you're 17?

I know it takes like an hour and a half. YOu just sit there and watch a movie. DOnt go to the red cross, they dont pay. Not sure where to tell you to go.

I did this in HS like 6 years ago. It didn't take that long at all, it probably took like 30 minutes. I didn't get paid, but I missed class and got cookies and juice
pimp.gif
. It doesn't hurt, but the initial stabbin' of the needle is a little uncomfortable, and your arm will be a little numb afterwards.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

people hustlin plasma....rofl.
no shame in my game. money's money, but none of yall know if u have to pass a drug test or not? and how bad was your weird feeling? was it just uncomfortable or did it hinder you from doing things?

I'm pretty sure you can do it twice a week but there has to be 2 days in between. 30-35 per is what I have heard/read. I was thinking about doing it b/c spending money is always an issue as a college kid...don't know how much energy it takes out of you though. Don't want to be dead for the next few hours.

Originally Posted by wildcard

Can someone tell me about it? I heard you can make thirty dollars for doing it but how do you find a place to do it in your area? Are there side affects? Is it a problem if you smoke weed and drink? How long does it take? How often can you do it and do you need parental supervision if you're 17?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How much you think they flip it for
indifferent.gif

you dont have to pass a drug test (at least at the place I went to) but your not supposed to do it if you smoke or drink a lot
you can do it 3-4x a week but I wouldnt recommend that in the winter since it lowers your immune system
basically its an easy way to make money but you just feel kinda grimey after you do it

I only did it when I had no other way of getting money last year (more students than jobs in this small %+! town)

Did it for a year about.
Depends on your weight, hence you are able to donate more, and resulting in the overall payment amount.

I was in the 20/25 or 25/30 range. The first amount of dollars is the first time in the week, the second is the second time. You can go twice within a seven day period an must be like 2 or 3 days in between your trips. The trip in the chair takes about 45minutes to an hour. You watch a movie or you read. The tests performed on you are 2, one is to check your protein or glucose level I believe, and the other is the amount of water or some @#%@. This is to check whether you may pass out or are healthy or some @#%@ like that. There was something else to see if you are in the 'do not donate' list as well. Drug test and drinking test are null. If you are dehydrated, they'll know. 

There are good stickers, and bad stickers. Bad stickers suck as in it hurts, slight feeling, or they don't get the vein on the first ty and gotta re-stick same arm or other arm. Good stickers are in and out, painless like a small pinch and smooth. I drank a lot of water before going in, as waiting was like an hour, and then hour in the chair, so about 2 hours or more on a bad day, Good days result in 1.5 hours or less. There are days you know when to go in, like near the first of the month, when most people that do this get their government check
laugh.gif
. You begin to get into a routine of knowing when to eat and drink to prepare for it. 

The first time you go, gotta have like piece of mail with name and address or so like 2 pieces of identification. Then you get a 'physical', Its crap piss in cup and @#%@, I don't remember.

The one that I went to is called ZLB Plasma, but I think they are all 18 and older places.

http://www.cslplasma.com/s1/cs/enps/1160756083930/content/1160756083792/home.htm

I got a scar after having done it for like a little over a year, 2x a week. You end up looking like a drug fiend with elbow prick. You can do this more often than blood donations because you get back your blood cells in this setup. It is very safe as all needles and materials are sterile and packaged, and used onces of course.

Hope that helps. My way of looking at it was, I ate chipotle+a few glasses of water(-$6~) or chineselunchcombo(-$5~) to get +20 or so dollars for 2 hours, is an alright profit margin for time to sit and study/watchamovie.

~Lefty

Someone I know used to sell his plasma to buy meth. But he's in the Army now.

Originally Posted by 18key

Someone I know used to sell his plasma to buy meth. But he's in the Army now.

Supposedly when you go you'll see a lot of people who are probably using the money to get drugs.

I still do it, even with a job
pimp.gif

Lemmie see if I can answer your questions though:
  • Place I go to pays $20 on the first visit and $30 on the second, you're allowed 2 visits per 7 days and you have to leave at least a day in between (ie. Tues and Thurs or Wed and Fri)
  • It takes about an hour and a half. An hour for the actual plasma donation and a half hour to make sure you're able to (temperature, blood pressure, plasma content in your blood)
  • You CAN smoke and drink, but not the day of. You need to be well hydrated and probably not smoke before your donation because it decreases blood circulation.
  • You're allowed to bring your laptop, phone, ipod, etc and just chill. Place I go to has free wi-fi so that's cool too.
  • The actual process isn't painful at all unless you're deathly afraid of needles. You squeeze your hand to help circulate the blood, it goes into the machine and they spin the plasma out. Once a small container of blood is taken, they RETURN the blood back into your system. Then a new cycle starts and the process repeats until you give the amount of plasma they feel you're able to give.
  • The actual donation size is based on weight, so heavier people give the most. Place I go to pays the same all the way around though.
http://www.donatingplasma.org/search/find.aspx

that might help you find a center close to you.

I don't understand why people say "get a job" or things along that line because 1) you're making good money - almost $17/hr to lay on a bed and 2) you're helping to save lives. Giving blood is looked at extremely positively, but a paid plasma donation twice a week isn't for some reason. Companies make very good money by making life saving medical products for people who need them, so they pay people a small amount for their time - everyone wins.

Back
Top Bottom