Dont you hate paying retail for j's only to find out, you could of bought it for a cheaper price....

midnight hype

Banned
I decided to bring up this thread only because, I love sneakers whether their Nike's or Jordans. i dont mind paying retail, because if i miss the projected release date, im stuck paying reseller prices. For instance when the air jordan 9 White/Black-University Blue droped, i rushed to the mall around my way, because they had the last size that i normally wear. I was forunate enough to scoop a pair, only to find out several months later, they were on sale at NDC,  for 109.00 and they had my size. A year went by and i was at a local spot in TX , shopping with my ex and i came across a mom and pop sneaker shop, guess what? i came aross the same air jordan 9 again but this time they were 89.99, i checked if the shoe were legit and every thing checked out. Lets not talk about the nike air carnivore's or the reretroed eggplant foamposites.

Hasn't happened to me yet. Hoping it never does though cause I'll probably feel a little dumb for spending retail instead of waiting.

If it does happen though, it won't be for a long time. If those Royal X and "Bordeaux" Spizikes sell, nothing is safe anymore..
tired.gif

Ehh... it just happens some times. As long as you genuinely like the shoes its all good at the end of the day.

Lolz...  I bought the Ginger XVIs in 2001 for $160 only for them to drop down to $40 a few months later. 
laugh.gif

Nope.  Because what are the chances nowadays, that a pair of retro's will go down in price?  
It's not like it used to be.  I loved finding retros at the warehouse shoe store back in the early 2000's for $79.99
pimp.gif

I hate paying retail for anything these days, whether it be jordan or nike. But with all the retro's coming out, gonna have to pay retail just so you can have a pair before sold out

Na. Like dankenstien said, if I genuinely like the shoes and see myself wearing them, I wouldn't feel regretful. The chances of finding a nice, OG-colorway retro on sale nowadays are slim to none (all thanks to the hype)

I buy what I really want so I never have this problem... Haven't really seen anything go on sale that I've copped recently except the anni IXs and IVs but of course my size was sold out

Back in the day yes, but now it's too hard to buy retro J's for retail because they sell out too fast.

the last time this happened was the white/red xii's. I thought og colourway that haven't been released ought to sell fast. Bought it on the first day of release for $210 Canadian, saved on the 13% taxes, only to see it down to $170 a couple of months later. This impacted my decision a year later when the white/red xiii's came out. I saw it on sale for $170 after Christmas, I thought this is gonna sit like the xii's from last year, I'll just wait until after I buy the Royal Foamposites, perhaps it'll have a further price decrease. A couple of weeks after the Foamposites released, all the white/red xiii's were gone!

That happened with my Cardinal 7's. I went to my local mall to get a pair after work and had to settle for a half size larger because thats all they had.

Come to find out months later I go to the Nike Outlet in Cypress and they have a full size run of the Cardinals for 100$!! ...didint like that feeling
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by paritheplatypus

not jb, but i payed under half retial for some penny 1's, bad idea, my biggest sneaker regret!

Less than half of retail? Which colorway? Couldn't have been THAT bad...I've made some dumb purchases but also some wise ones. I bought the 2009 Eggplants for way over retail, having no idea that they'd be coming back (albeit in an inferior form) the next year. On the wise side, I passed on the black/varsity red 6's because there were slight whispers of the Infrared Pack. Soon after, pics leaked and a few months later I grabbed the package I really wanted instead of settling for the varsitys.

If I really like the shoe(s), I don't mind paying retail on those.

If I'm on the fence, I usually just wait it out.

i dont really hate paying for retail its just that Its become a little harder to cop on rd so it makes people impulsive like me to cop asap. the only dudes who are getting the best deal are the onles paying less than msrp like employees, managers and veterans

I used be able to find jordans all over nyc for cheap in the early part of the decade . Now with the hype around kix. Im content wit paying retail.

retail for the red foam pros in 02.....hit Dr Jay's on 34th maybe 7 or 8 months later to find them for 89.99.

Back
Top Bottom