Dont you hate paying retail for j's only to find out, you could of bought it for a cheaper price....

I stumbled upon a pair of wht/obsidian XII lows at Footaction years ago for $9.99 in my size(13).

Now, when I go in I will usually ask whoever is working if they have any size 13 single or double pairs just sitting. A lot of times they will kill the shoe off the wall if there are only one or two and it'll just sit back there until clearance time.

No. I hate paying retail for crap like cell phones and toys for my kids.
Finding pairs for a lower price later also depends on the size you wear.

I cant remember a time but, the hype has got to me. I hate buying on rd just for the shoes to sit. I hate finding out that I could have strolled in at my leisure or copped online and paid shipping when the store has plenty when I get there.

I cant remember a time but, the hype has got to me.

I hate buying on rd just for the shoes to sit.

I hate finding out that I could have strolled in at my leisure to cop or copped online and paid shipping when the store has plenty when I get there.

Haven't happened to meet yet andhow the shoe game is now I don't think I would ever see it at all

Originally Posted by spizike231

If those Royal X and "Bordeaux" Spizikes sell, nothing is safe anymore..
tired.gif

This.

Originally Posted by Sdot73

retail for the red foam pros in 02.....hit Dr Jay's on 34th maybe 7 or 8 months later to find them for 89.99.

damn!!! if only you can get deals like this in todays sneakerworld

i wish i could just pay retail for all the shoes i want , ill do it all day.

i end up having to pay double just to get the kix i want...............................................PEACE23

only happened to me once and they were the military blue 4s, best part was since they didnt sell out, i had the upper hand at a mom and pop store so i bidded with them, got a pair for 80, but sold them due to ****tiy qualty

i remember, many many many years ago Nike started releasing an entourage of am 95 with the classic colorway( black at the toe box and different shades of grey) i liked the mint air-max 95's,i bought-em for retail cause i thought am95 sell out especially in the city. A couple of months went by and i was at shoe store and i saw the mint 95 for 100.00. Now you could probably find a new pair on eBay for less than a 100.00 unbelievable. the grey marina blue air griffey max 1. I bit into to hype, and purchased on east bay for retail, went to the same spot only to see them for 100.00 in my size too.

you are lucky to get a pair for retail now as the shoe game is hyped to apex, smh

Originally Posted by torres

you are lucky to get a pair for retail now as the shoe game is hyped to apex, smh

I have to disagree, Charles Barkley's kicks never sell for retail. they usually have to sell it for half the price. some of penny's sneakers go on sale Air penny 2's. Remember that quick strike Atlantic Blue colorway, then NIKE decided to re release the shoe which was an epic fail because theyre are currently sitting in jimmy jazz for cheap. air Jordan 9 went for stupid low during the holidays. the sneaker market is tricky or how about, The total max uptempo,s with the neon volt check and air bubble. I recall copping one pair, and the shoes did not sell matter fact they went straight to sale rack for 80beans.....

Nowadays you should be able to tell which sneaker will go on sale and which will disappear. But if you really like the sneaker seeing it go on sale shouldnt really matter....

Atlantic penny 2s for me. And all black 1/2 cents. Actually all the penny's for that matter except foams of course due to hype beasts and resellers aka "collectors" who know they're just going to sell them.

Originally Posted by nykid2387

Atlantic penny 2s for me. And all black 1/2 cents. Actually all the penny's for that matter except foams of course due to hype beasts and resellers aka "collectors" who know they're just going to sell them.

Speaking of foamposites, what happen to the cough drop,pearl and slime green colorway? they were sitting at authorized nike retailers and they were sent to nike outlets.

got snipped on anniversary 2s and cough drop foams but i guess getting playoff 13s and cool grey 11s during a restock made up for it
smile.gif

$85 for Green 3M V's, $100 for Last Shots, $200 for a CDP, miss those times.

Now everything with a Jumpman is snatched up by the beasts.

Guess it balances out the many steals I've gotten on J's and Nike's in general over the years.

I don't mind paying retail, its when I pay above retail like for the Concords and WC IV's that get me unhappy....

happened to me when i bought the white/vred vi on launch day and they stayed in shelves for months till i saw them for $99. i didn't mind cuz i liked 'em to begin with.

Nah cuz most of the other stuff I buy is greatly discounted which means in the long run I'm still paying under retail for everything. I would suspect this is the case for most heavy collectors in here who know how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom