Dont you hate paying retail for j's only to find out, you could of bought it for a cheaper price....

The way I look back and see it is, if I didn't cop right away, I might have missed out.

Would I like them on sale? Of course!

But I'd rather have my pair than not.

The last time i bought a jay on sale it was for the black toe xiv's. I bought them when they 1st came out only to see that 3 months later they were still sitting on shelves for about 120.

total max foamposite black on black. It was the day of black Friday and i purchased the shoe for 244.89 and i was a bit bummed cause of the price and tax increase. I did my home work and i found out they were giving military discounts. i returned my pair and i bought a pair for 195 with tax. i was happy cause i saved money but a couple of months flew by and i saw these kicks on the micheal kors website for 160.00 and some niketalk had stated they were at a Nike factory outlet on the Nike outlet thread. unbelievable i still came out winning cause i got a fresh pair. most of the eyelets of Nike sign wasn't sewn properly and excess glueee

Originally Posted by teeznutz

Paying retail these days is a big win! Everything sells out too fast.

You ain't lying.
The last release to really sit, was the Last Shots.

Even those hideous Son of Mars sold out.

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

seems like u can still get I's for below retail. prob b/c so many people OD'd on them.

The problem is u don't know which shoes you'll be lucky to get later if it's a hot or hyped up shoe by blogs. U either get it for retail or u may pay the price down the line from a reseller. It's a crapshoot.

I don't feel bad for people like that hypebeasts need to do some research. Royal 10's sold out first day? cmon now they are selling for retail price everywhere people lose all the tax and shipping money

I don't know about that, but I do wish I worked for a footlocker or Nike company to get any kind of discount!

I copped the Oreo 6s at retail & like 6 months later I grabbed 2 pairs an Nike outlet for $75 each... That was a good day!

i have before, but then i think about all the deals i've gotten, so it's nothing. most sneakerheads know whats going to sell out and whats not. and i'm sure anyone that got the stealth 10's this weekend will be able to post in this thread in a few weeks 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Nope.  Because what are the chances nowadays, that a pair of retro's will go down in price?  
It's not like it used to be.  I loved finding retros at the warehouse shoe store back in the early 2000's for $79.99
pimp.gif

My rule of thumb regarding shoes in general is buy if YOU like it. Not because of the "hype" or potential projected value or demand for a shoe. Yes I may sound like a hypocrite because I collect Jordans as a collector's item but I also wear the shoes that I consider my loves. Hope this somehow makes sense.

i got burned on the stealth iiis too, still think its an underrated colorway

Originally Posted by danegill

How can you buy it cheaper then retail?

Military discount. If you work at a sneaker store or know some that works in one, maybe hell hook you up. Mom and pop shops sometime they will give u an ultimate deal if you buy more than one shoe or if the inital shoe flops on release date[ stealth 10] they will Sell it to u for dirt cheap.......

Originally Posted by danegill

How can you buy it cheaper then retail?
If you get a membership with Finish Line and their Winner Circle rewards, you can save $20 every time you spend $200 or more.
That's why I paid $152 for the WC IV's.

Hasn't happened to me yet. But in this day and age of hypebeastin I can't see it happening too often.

Back
Top Bottom