Dont you hate paying retail for j's only to find out, you could of bought it for a cheaper price....

Hasn't really happened to me. I've seen a few kicks I want go on here or iss for cheaper than I got em for but that's it.

I'm sure it would suck though, but if you like the shoe better to have em than wait and not get em and have to pay resale prices.

Size 13 never goes on sale. I repeat never at least where im located. I have to have the manager look out for me or be the 1st one in the store on every release.

6 years ago you could almost never get retros cheaper later. But with the quality of JB these days I see more and more sitting on shelves.

Originally Posted by sentinel se7en

buying the 14s back in 05-06. They sat for weeks.
laugh.gif
This. Even paid extra so I could get 2 day shipping from Eastbay
30t6p3b.gif

Oreo 6's went on sale and I was pissed.. And now I still have them DS in my closet.. =/

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Size 13 never goes on sale. I repeat never at least where im located. I have to have the manager look out for me or be the 1st one in the store on every release.

100% agree.
Most shops in my area only get 2 size 13's for every release.

the maize air max 95 for 116 at finishline. I personally thought it was a steal but as always a couple of months flew by and they are on sale at a local footlocker for 100 and I could of gotten 20 percent off,I should of waited.

I wish the good ole days were still around..  where shoes didn't sell out instantly and then being going for $50 to $100 markup instantly on craigslist and who knows what on ebay..   used to work at ftl and loved knowing that if I wanted a shoe on release day that I had my size accounted for and with a discount..  it really helped make up for some of the bs i had to deal with working for that shady company.. i remember being low on extra money with the electric green foam pro's and the pewter one's came out and had to pass on release day and just hoped i could find my size in a week or two.. got lucky and my store still had both when the EA hit the next week and got them for $100 each..   getting multiple pairs of varsity red 6's for $50 on the EA when they were already on sale for $99..  used them as trade bait to get some other kicks i had missed or wanted..  although i miss the deals and knowing i had a pair locked down, i'm doing so much better with my own business that I don't have to really worry that much now..  helps to keep some friends that work at the store or go make new ones..  you never know when a store may magically get a couple pairs restocked or have that last pair just laying around in the back..

I think most people are just happy to get releases nowadays at retail since shoes sell out so quickly...most pairs that people want sell out before they ever make it to a sale rack.

Originally Posted by cleaverkicks

I think most people are just happy to get releases nowadays at retail since shoes sell out so quickly...most pairs that people want sell out before they ever make it to a sale rack.

What about those ashy larry 10s. I meant stealth 10s still have popular sizes

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

laugh.gif
@ Ashy Larry.
They aren't even ashy, IMO.

2nw0oky.png

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

laugh.gif
@ Ashy Larry.

2nw0oky.png

Lilwayne once said some people only see the picture when the flash is on. So let us seeee.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

laugh.gif
@ Ashy Larry.

2nw0oky.png

Lilwayne once said some people only see the picture when the flash is on. So let us seeee.

^^^
laugh.gif

I guess.

Somtimes u really dont know if they will sit inthe stores. So you'll think i get then now rather than pay resale price...
Such as the 14s retro jordan Ls both wht and all grey pair...

on the flip side, isn't it awesome when you almost get a shoe but decide to wait, then it goes on sale? that is what happened with me on the charcoal ix's

what I hate is when I purchased shoes from Flight Club , for a decent price, I see behind the flight club sticker is usually the lil orange clearance sticker -____-
$116 for green half cent, but only to find someone had originally got em for $70... Same thing with the silver uptempos too. Paid $76 for em, but the original owner got em for $60 (but that wasnt that bad).

Somebody just sold me his '12 Cement IV's for $90. His first time wearing that day and asked me if I wanted to purchase. Took it right off his feet, went to his car and got his box for me. Basically got a brand new pair for $90.

Retail is fine, because i had a chance to buy the good retros when they were cheaper in the early 2000s, but now, u better pre order and camp for a pair of lesser quality shoes.....

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

Somebody just sold me his '12 Cement IV's for $90. His first time wearing that day and asked me if I wanted to purchase. Took it right off his feet, went to his car and got his box for me. Basically got a brand new pair for $90.

Good come up.

Originally Posted by Hibb304

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

tumblr_ltr26b0msj1r0ix14o1_500.gif

It happened to me for the Powder 9s......paid retail for 2 pairs, only to see them hit sales racks after. Doesnt bother me though.....it was an OG colorway retro'd for the first time. who knew?

Back
Top Bottom