Dorm selection help

Hey NT next week I'm going to select dorm for college I'm going to be online early to try and get a good area what do you guys suggest as in location, the building is 4 or 5 floors. What floor would be best and a room towerds which end would be best? Thanks NT

Hey NT next week I'm going to select dorm for college I'm going to be online early to try and get a good area what do you guys suggest as in location, the building is 4 or 5 floors. What floor would be best and a room towerds which end would be best? Thanks NT

Northridge?
pimp.gif
. But i would get the lowest floor possible for easy access.

And if its a specific building you're looking for just pick one close to most of your classes so you wont be all over campus.

Northridge?
pimp.gif

And if its a specific building you're looking for just pick one close to most of your classes so you wont be all over campus.

Originally Posted by Dman22193

Northridge?
pimp.gif

I'm not sure what the layout of CSUN is, but if the building is only 5 floors, I would suggest getting a higher floor.  It'll be more quiet so you can get work done (keep that a priority your Freshman year).  You'll have plenty going on no matter what floor you're on so don't worry about placement of the floor in relation to activities.  Also like Dman said, look for one that's close to where most of your classes will be.  Especially your morning classes, you'll want all the motivation to go you can get.  I missed about 1/3 of my 8:00 class my first year and paid for it dearly.

Originally Posted by Dman22193

Northridge?
pimp.gif

I'm not sure what the layout of CSUN is, but if the building is only 5 floors, I would suggest getting a higher floor.  It'll be more quiet so you can get work done (keep that a priority your Freshman year).  You'll have plenty going on no matter what floor you're on so don't worry about placement of the floor in relation to activities.  Also like Dman said, look for one that's close to where most of your classes will be.  Especially your morning classes, you'll want all the motivation to go you can get.  I missed about 1/3 of my 8:00 class my first year and paid for it dearly.

I mean... would you prefer to wait for an elevator or walk up four flights of stairs? Or would living on the first or second floor be better? For me, 2nd floor was preferred, moving in and out was easier, never used the elevator etc.

Do they let you choose what floor and location of your actual room? For me, all you could do was request your top 3 buildings and you usually got it, actual placement inside the building we didn't get a say. Just ask for whatever is closet to the main entrance/elevator... depending on the dorm layout, it would be easier to leave your door open when you're just hanging out so you can talk to people more frequently if you're near an entrance.

Building location, just aim for the center of campus if you can. Easier to get to places on campus and for people to visit you.

I mean... would you prefer to wait for an elevator or walk up four flights of stairs? Or would living on the first or second floor be better? For me, 2nd floor was preferred, moving in and out was easier, never used the elevator etc.

Do they let you choose what floor and location of your actual room? For me, all you could do was request your top 3 buildings and you usually got it, actual placement inside the building we didn't get a say. Just ask for whatever is closet to the main entrance/elevator... depending on the dorm layout, it would be easier to leave your door open when you're just hanging out so you can talk to people more frequently if you're near an entrance.

Building location, just aim for the center of campus if you can. Easier to get to places on campus and for people to visit you.

IF you can select floor placement, furthest from the RA.

I was diagonally across from the RA and got run for booze and smoking trees a couple times. sucks. dudes further down the hall got away with much more stuff than I did.

I was diagonally across from the RA and got run for booze and smoking trees a couple times. sucks. dudes further down the hall got away with much more stuff than I did.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

That sucks.  I lived next door to my RA and we smoked out our living room all the time and never got caught.  Having a huge living room with an ac FTW.  One time our roommate came back from class and told us he could smell the smoke all the way near the front entrance and the RHD's office.
OP, like others have said try to get a room on the first two floors.  Makes moving in and out easier.  Also more convenient when you're really drunk and just want to get to your room to pass out.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

That sucks.  I lived next door to my RA and we smoked out our living room all the time and never got caught.  Having a huge living room with an ac FTW.  One time our roommate came back from class and told us he could smell the smoke all the way near the front entrance and the RHD's office.
OP, like others have said try to get a room on the first two floors.  Makes moving in and out easier.  Also more convenient when you're really drunk and just want to get to your room to pass out.

My room is gonna be on the 6th floor, my daily workout will just be to hike up to it

My room is gonna be on the 6th floor, my daily workout will just be to hike up to it

Top floor, corner room. Why? Corner dorms tend to have stairway closer when your kicking B's out. If you're smoking tree's aint nobody going to smell it on that side. You can be as loud as you want, and you don't have to hear weird noises from the floor above you middle of the night. RA's tend to live on the first or second floor from my experience.

Top floor, corner room. Why? Corner dorms tend to have stairway closer when your kicking B's out. If you're smoking tree's aint nobody going to smell it on that side. You can be as loud as you want, and you don't have to hear weird noises from the floor above you middle of the night. RA's tend to live on the first or second floor from my experience.

Originally Posted by Jd0t86

corner room is definitely a plus.  my buddy, whos room we always hung out in (cause mine was by the RA) had a corner room and we could get away with damn near everything over there.  close access to the staircase was also nice cause you can hop out for a quick cig without having to walk all the way down the hall.

Originally Posted by Jd0t86

corner room is definitely a plus.  my buddy, whos room we always hung out in (cause mine was by the RA) had a corner room and we could get away with damn near everything over there.  close access to the staircase was also nice cause you can hop out for a quick cig without having to walk all the way down the hall.

find out as much info as you can from the people that are there since you will be living in the building, not us

Back
Top Bottom