DOW closes UP OVER 900 points!....... biggest one-day point gain EVER.... [breaking news pg 2]

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

AAPL
RIMM
GOOG

Thanks you guys.....
Google up 15.82% today
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

it'd be great if it crashed tomorrow
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

For who?!?
everyone.

lets get rid of money
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

AAPL at one point was under 70...like I said originally, it was bound to rebound because the market was pulling EVERYTHING down...now is APPL going to trade at 150 any time soon? Most likely not....

We need a consistent week(s) though before I cheer on today's gains.
Well, don't hold your breath
laugh.gif

We're definitely going into a recession based on all of the key indicators they have to predict such things. The market adjusted a bit today, but it's probably going to settle somewhere down further than we're at right now for a few months to a year, is my guess.

We'll see - but if you made something today, i'd see how tomorrow starts out and then consider getting out for awhile if you need the money soon.
If fluctuates within 9k, throughout the "recession", I can deal just fine. It looked like it closed during an upswing, so tomorrow maybegin where today left off. We'll see as news between Global economies and G7 connections release. Not to mention the Asian market as a pre-indicator forthe dow.

I'm headed to NYC next week and definitely wanted to make some money beforehand...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CruThik3

I got MS at 75% up from today. Going to sell tomorrow. I think Visa is still a good buy, its close to its IPO

when the hell are they dropping that.. i was thinking they already did and i missed it. it's been talked about for so long now if they didn't do ityet.

I think this might be a bear market rally but it could last through the holiday season. I dont think this bear market is quite finished yet.

Originally Posted by RDubb

I think this might be a bear market rally but it could last through the holiday season. I dont think this bear market is quite finished yet.
thats what im thinking. im going to get some circuit city shares and maybe some rite aid and sell it around dec

It's hard to be optimistic !

But I would sell, sell, sell right now. This is the highest it will ever be for a very very very long time "my friends".

Jim%20Cramer.jpg

I'm still saying Walmart is probably a solid performer through Jan.
no doubt....
Walmart sales always pick up when the economy is down.
cheap goods are their bread and butter.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I'm still saying Walmart is probably a solid performer through Jan.
no doubt....
Walmart sales always pick up when the economy is down.
cheap goods are their bread and butter.
inferior goods will sell when people have no money
laugh.gif

Not just a domestic issue:

Sovereign Bancorp agreed to sell itself to Banco Santander for $1.9 billion in stock, making it the latest bank to run into the arms of a suitor.

dirty..can we ban am1 fiend for his annoying "chicken littles" catch phrase? Why berate NTers with his elitist attitude. If anyones a coward...itshim.

LazyJ10
Do you think by vesting a lot of money into our banks the U.S. and others will fall to the same fate as Iceland? Theres a whole lot of bad debtin even the strongest of banks.

This was a bear rally, dont get to exited. Although I did make $16,000 on MS today haha. The market will slide in the upcoming weeks so don't get tooptimistic yet. This was bound to happen. The volume and price movement was so off this rally was bound to happen.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

This was a bear rally, dont get to exited. Although I did make $16,000 on MS today haha. The market will slide in the upcoming weeks so don't get to optimistic yet. This was bound to happen. The volume and price movement was so off this rally was bound to happen.
with my capital the max i can make off ms was 100 bucks lol

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

there were steals everywhere....everyone knew this would eventaully happen
eg..AAPL at 90 something last week....today closes at 110.
I'm sure a bunch of people made a killing

co-sign.

This is no doubt a bear rally the fact it went up so fast today implies its going to be a short one too.

If it breaks 10K and closes above it all hell might break loose in a good way but if it doesnt then I feel really confident it is going to be sideways thendown. Assuming it doesnt break 10K I will be shocked if it doesnt test 8K again. Anyone who is in now i hope you have an iron stomach

Still I cant knock anyone for buying right now I just dont see much growth from stocks as an asset class period. Stocks are not going to return 10% for a while

I am just glad they are going to inject capital into the banks that is what they really needed anyway. I dunno why Paulson was against and changed his mind ohwait I do...Only thing is if bigger banks start to fail (it is possible they are all insolvent as far as I am concerned) there is no way America has enoughmoney to pay for it they could very well be bankrupted

Back
Top Bottom