Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine announced the new song is called "Under Pressure"

laugh.gif
just heard some of the snippets. This album is about to be buns

"look out for detox" (how many times have we heard that?) well hope this track leaks soon but even if it does I'm not holdin my breath for a summer release.

they doing everything but dropping music. Just a whole lotta talking and speculations. Stop It.

I'm not one to whine about Detox not existing or having supposed to come out 7 years ago...

But Eminem will take his time with his album and Dre will push Detox back more to make room for it.

[h1]Dr. Dre Announces Release Of Jay-Z Collaboration 'Under Pressure'[/h1][h2]'Hopefully we'll be releasing that in the next two weeks or so,' Dre told Maria Bartiromo on 'Closing Bell.'[/h2]

Dr. Dre's long-awaited Detox LP is no longer just urban legend. The producer has announced that the first single, "Under Pressure," featuring Jay-Z,will hit the airwaves this month. The West Coast hip-hop icon revealedthe information Monday (April 6) during an interview on "Closing Bell With Maria Bartiromo" on CNBC.

"Hopefully we'll be releasing that in the next two weeks or so,"he said of the track. "And I'm definitely gonna be putting out thealbum this year. Finally. I think everyone is gonna be happy with it."

The move is the first tangible evidence that the album willactually be released. In the past, Dre has repeatedly attempted toassure fans that the follow-up to Dr. Dre 2001 (a.k.a. The Chronic 2001) would eventually see the light of day. But as the years passed and material for Detoxinstead landed on albums by Eminem and 50 Cent, fans compared Dr. Dre'spromises to those made by Axl Rose when he withheld a Guns N' Rosesfollow-up album for 15 years until the 2008 release of Chinese Democracy.

It's been 11 years since Dre last released an album. But late last year, in an interview with MTV News, Dre told Jay-Z to "Come holler" and contribute to Detox.

Over the weekend, Dre (via Jimmy Iovine) confirmed Jay-Z landedon the project when he spoke to ESPN while attending a Boston Red Soxvs. New York Yankees baseball game. Word first arose about thecollaboration when E! correspondent Michael Yo tweeted late last monththat the two worked on a song that Dre's label, Interscope Records, wasvery happy about. In the meantime, Dre put the pressure on himself,telling Bartiromo he has no other projects on his plate at the time.

"That's it right now," he said, referring to Detox. Just trying to finish this record, finally get it done and get it out and start promoting it."

Back
Top Bottom