Drake Compares Rick Ross' new LP to BIG's Ready To Die & Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

indifferent.gif

Look at his face..

drake17__opt.jpg

Look at it.

This dude probably never heard RTD or Doggystyle up until a couple of years ago.

He hadn't. One of them N_s from the Surf Club said when they first started messin w/ Drake he was on some different/Canada +$%!. He had to get put up on all the classic +$%! he's even speaking on. soooo....
eyes.gif
 to his comment. it holds no merit.
Dunno why but this had me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Soul X Sole

indifferent.gif

Look at his face..

drake17__opt.jpg

Look at it.

This dude probably never heard RTD or Doggystyle up until a couple of years ago.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
someone pleeeease convert this joint into an albuum cover of some sort. Titled "the carters advocate" or somethin like that.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

indifferent.gif

Look at his face..

drake17__opt.jpg

Look at it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm damn near in tears.I'm a HUGE Drake fan, but his musical opinions tend to be dumb.

Well, him and Rick Ross are talking about a Doggystyle Pt 2 collabo, so it makes sense.

indifferent.gif

Look at his face..

drake17__opt.jpg

Look at it.

He hadn't. One of them N_s from the Surf Club said when they first started messin w/ Drake he was on some different/Canada +$%!. He had to get put up on all the classic +$%! he's even speaking on. soooo....
eyes.gif
why? let's be real, most people overrate some of these albums because they listened to it everyday in high school. Drake heard them from a fresh slate with no bias. if anything he should know better than anyone.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

why? let's be real, most people overrate some of these albums because they listened to it everyday in high school. Drake heard them from a fresh slate with no bias. if anything he should know better than anyone.

1.gif
1.gif

Maybach Music Iv tho gonna be mean as hell. If he gets his wish with 3k & jay z like he said he cld get on it earlier

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

eyes.gif

NO. he wasn't around to feel that impact that those albums had...he didn't grow up in OUR rap culture. he didn't get to see how those albums shaped American Hip-Hop culture. and THAT'S what goes into making a classic...and i DOUBT Ross's new album will shape anything. 

niquefreak94 wrote:
NO. he wasn't around to feel that impact that those albums had...he didn't grow up in OUR rap culture. he didn't get to see how those albums shaped American Hip-Hop culture. and THAT'S what goes into making a classic...and i DOUBT Ross's new album will shape anything. 
10xdlyf.jpg

You would think being almost 25 that Drake did have some real influence from Biggie and other artists at that time. I guess though, when you just wake up one day and
say, "Hey, I don't feel like acting anymore, let me see what this rap stuff is about", you get that Drake cosigning landmark albums is more through hearsay than actual
influence.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Drake needs to shut the hell up.

this

then u gonba hear that idiot say Young Money >> Wu Tang, or some dumb @+%# like that

You can't expect Biggie's Ready to Die to resonate with him as much as say, a 30-35 year old from New York, or anyone growing up in New York in general or that age in general.

When Biggie was murdered, Drake was what, 10-11 years old? Whoever said he heard the albums with a clean slate is right. So if that's what Drake wants to compare them to, then so be it. That's just his opinion.

However, at the same time, I'd like to think he was just promoting the album for Ross with some attention grabbing talk rather than being serious. Let's look at who Biggie and Snoop are/were. Biggie is the real deal, from street guy to superstar. No one's ever questioning Biggie's authenticity. His story was his story, that's why he told it and that's why people felt it. Snoop is like 20 years deep in the game. He's put out multiple classic songs and albums, transcended through more than a handful of changes in rap music and is still relevant.

Now I'm not saying Rick Ross's new album won't be good music, but at the end of the day, he's just an entertainer. We don't know the man behind the beard and glasses, and the music doesn't help us get to know him. Rick Ross albums are like the soundtracks to gangster movies. It's like if a screenwriter wrote a movie based off of Blow, Cocaine Cowboys, Paid in Full, and Scarface, and named the movie God Forgives, I Won't, that's what Ross's album sounds like. If for no other reason, the fact that Biggie and Snoop took you into THEIR actual world with every song, bar, and verse, is why it's "questionable" for Drake to make the comparison.

But that's just my opinion.

indifferent.gif

Look at his face..

drake17__opt.jpg

Look at it.

Basically.

every time Ross is prepping a new album Khaled or someone else claims its "the next classic"

True story. They said that last time with Telfon Don. Drake's just promoting the album and getting buzz going by making a controversial and polarizing statement. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom