Drake first week sales surprise me Vol. 675-725k

Am I the only one surprise by first week sales projected numbers? I figure it'll be around 500k.

YM/CM/Universal Republic Rapper’s Delayed Sophomore Album Will Bow with Close to 700k

November 16, 2011

Drake’s ready to Take Care of business.
The rapper, whose sophomore YM/CM/Universal Republic album, Take Care, is the follow-up to last year’s successful bow, Thank Me Later, will debut at #1 with a sales total between 675-725k.

First thing I thought of was that Birdman feat on We'll Be Fine.

Makes sense

GOTDAMN YOU BEATRICE!
mad.gif

Not sure why you'd be surprised.

Headlines was number 13 on the charts, and Drake has been on multiple featured hit singles throughout
the year, including being on Carter 4. Add on the fact that people have already called this a classic (
laugh.gif
),
you have sales that reflect that.

Nah his first album sold 450,000 in the first week.. He's even bigger now this year, so it's not surprising that he's gonna do huge numbers.

Originally Posted by HeavyChevy

Originally Posted by ciph4

More surprised at Mac Miller's #s than Drake's.
This.
But Drake at any point in time in the last two years has had any where from 4-7 songs in rotation on the radio...which is incredible. 

The only other artist doing that is ...who? Wayne? Maybe Ross? 

He tied Diddy's record for most #1 charted rap songs.

And he only has two albums.

Not surprised at all.

Originally Posted by Hip89

Nah his first album sold 450,000 in the first week.. He's even bigger now this year, so it's not surprising that he's gonna do huge numbers.

Thread/.
#YMCMB.

Well around this time of year it is simp season so I'm not surprised with those numbers.  These dudes out here need their anthem.

Back
Top Bottom