[| -- Drake - "OVER" (VIDEO) Co-Starring Rita Ora (Directed By Anthony Mandler) -- |]

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by jefffort5

excuses...when it comes to every other genre of music..their vidoes are always better than rap videos....step ya creativity game up
Other genres aren't half as critical of their music as rap fans are there. Seriously. You dudes critique this @@% like you paid 10 dollars for admission. Its a music video. Its done to showcase the music. Its not done for a Academy Award. Dudes over here complaining the video is too "artsy". The hell?
laugh.gif
i think they are...i do this %$*#...so if im going to put effort into something..im going to make it worth while...this video was neither entertaining nor creative to me...and this is a online forum where we discuss and critique...im sure U2 fans critique the hell out of their %$*# as well....if im a fan of your music and u do a video...i want to see a visual that goes hand and hand with the song
Fair enough. I just don't understand some of the criticism though. Too artsy? I guess we have different requirements when we see videos. I'd prefer to be entertained. There's not really a rule that says your video must go with what you're rapping about in your song. That being said, I thought the video was decent. I wouldn't call it "too artsy". Anthony Madler's videos are visually nice to watch but never have been nothing epic to me. I'd probably say his best video to date is Up and Down by Snoop which was just visually beautiful IMO.

I gotta say though I have noticed the criticism for Drake's videos are different than that of other artists. I don't know what it is about when Drake drops a video but when he does its multiple pages of dudes saying what they hated about the video.
laugh.gif
I saw this with Forever and Best I Ever Had. Maybe its all warranted I guess. Just with music videos from mainstream artists I see videos as sort of a commercial to promote the song. I'd probably have higher expectations for a indie artist or a artist not as mainstream as Drake.

Oh wow! I forgot about Drizzy's "Forever" video!
laugh.gif

That is his best video to date....

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

It actually would have made sense for him to be in the club popping bottles but paranoid of everyone around him.

i get the same image in my head when i listen to this, i see it alot in the beginning, "i know way to many people here right now..."
would make so much more sense if he was in a club or some sort of party

Well, imo the video should have centered around this:

beginning of 2009-Just him and some friends hitting the club, and nobody really knowing him, he can chill in vip/regular rooms with nobody really approaching him, then the video should have flashed to the beginning of 2010, and him going to the same club, only this time he is mobbed and bumrushed and all that good stuff, and they could have went from there.

Maybe a little simplistic, but sometimes less is more.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

It actually would have made sense for him to be in the club popping bottles but paranoid of everyone around him.

yup... song is more happy to me... than him just kinda sitting looking sad on his bed... but mehh maybe thats what he was thinking... more drinking/partying woulda made it better...

Back
Top Bottom