Drake - Room for Improvement+Comeback Season

This dude is unbelievable.

Forget those random singles you guys are getting for a street buzz...

Those album cuts makes this guy literally one of the best out there...

I know he just got signed but...

damn this guy is nice...

opinions?

I really just gave Room for Improvement a thorough playback.

And hes really spitting real-@%!

I mean dude was like 18-19! Rappin like that!

are these mixtapes?

are they recent?

cause Im feeling that new drumma boy song thats the only one I've heard from him but he got a buzz and I want to check him out
nerd.gif

Mixtapes between '06-'08.

His engineer 40 is a beast, plays a BIG part with how great his tracks sound/come out.

I'm just kinda impressed. Dude really started at this like grassroots type thing. Getting cred from other artists, including features, built his ownfollowing, including putting his city on the map and is just really bubbling (if you will) under the surface...

Dude really started at this like grassroots type thing. Getting cred from other artists, including features, built his own following, including putting his city on the map and is just really bubbling (if you will) under the surface...
i dunno he had an advantage most ppl dont have and thats long money..he could afford top engineers and ppl to surround him to help him get better.he is really talented tho..im not taking anything away from him at all. its just not like some joe schmoe dropped a mixtape last yr and a yr later he issigned..shooot even wale was in unsigned hype like 3 yrs ago
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

Dude really started at this like grassroots type thing. Getting cred from other artists, including features, built his own following, including putting his city on the map and is just really bubbling (if you will) under the surface...
i dunno he had an advantage most ppl dont have and thats long money..he could afford top engineers and ppl to surround him to help him get better. he is really talented tho..im not taking anything away from him at all. its just not like some joe schmoe dropped a mixtape last yr and a yr later he is signed..shooot even wale was in unsigned hype like 3 yrs ago
laugh.gif

I agree though. He did have that actor money and he could afford to put himself and those around him on. But still the fact that he didn'treally ever... suck at first... then progressively get better... he just has always come to the mic correctly. Like damn near every single song. Itunes says Igot like 90 songs and they're all flames.

FTR he's not signed to wayne.....wayne is just %%*+ ridin and he is playin along wit wayne gettin his name up.

jus bcuz wayne said it in a interview.......he probably was high.

i dont kno y dudes pumpin up Room For Improvement

i hate that cd but Comeback Season is my %%%#......and i been bumpin drake since last summer and put like 10 of my boys on so.........

He really didn't have that many artists he collaborated with in the beginning, and his engineer is just a dude coming up from Toronto they did the grindtogether that acting $$$$ really didn't play a part into it, it opened doors and was a bit easier for him.

Comeback Season is better than alot of albums. Ive been listening to his stuff for over a year now, and EVERYONE I put on ends up liking him alot, its actuallygetting to the point where wack people that I dont like are starting to like his stuff and I get mad like I dont want him to blow up cuz then all thesecornballs are going to be jockin him. But its whatever, id rather see him get his shine and put out more material. Hopefully this wayne thing is just a phaseto get more buzz and when hes out there enough he will put out the quality that hes capable of.

that acting $$$$ really didn't play a part into it, it opened doors and was a bit easier for him.
laugh.gif
...okay

the fact that the racially ambigous guy from degrassi rapped sparked no interest at all.

now im not in toronto but im not that dumb..ppl wanted to see him fail..but he proved ppl wrong. that = buzz alone.

dont get me twisted i woulda did the same issh if i was in his position..i woulda hired a rap coach or some @%%

im a drake fan for real.. i aint been feelin no1 elses lyrics like i have his for a few months.. i think that were around the same age helps haha

This guy Drake MURDERED 'Where to Now'

It was worth it, it was all worth it
And by this time I understand that I ain't perfect
There ain't a pair of Louis shoes I ain't purchased
And I was on some *%!# but they served they purpose
And I got verses, I got verses
My 16's should be arriving in hearses
They get bodied, You see how I murk this
I switch flows much as my girl switch purses, Yeah
Heartbreak Drake,I'll put it on your wife
If I put it in a verse, then I put it on my life
Liquor that's over ice and denim that's over priced
And trying to make all of my goals for the future come overnight
Got-got-got-got damn how time soars
I'm trying to get that house in Toronto w/ pine floors
Come home and watch a season of 'Flight of the Conchords'
And I'll try to put lotion over all of your contours
But uh, tell me you surfing let me know you on board
You can't seal up the bottle once all of the Dom's poured
Yes I swear to God girl I put it on Lord
I'm tryna show you life through the tint on these Tom Ford's
Ethiopian girl Ethiopian girl, With yo long curly hair and yo big !@# boo-tay
Reading all them pro black pro female books
Just let em let em know that you ain't no groupie
You need a prescription a vision correction
I'm young and successful I'm living perfection
And man if 09 is when I'm a see mine
Being cool ain't enough homie I'm a freeze time like that

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He's good in my book,
I can't front i was stuntin on him, till i listened to still fly remix, and i've been bumpin the comeback season mixtape since.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is why I like him. Besides making your typical feel good, club/swag type *%*
the dude is WISE. like lyrically hes on some other *%*. Hes the type of rapper you want to listen to if you're not trying to hear about birds being flipped or staring down the barrel of guns.

yeah I've been stuck on Degrassi for a while now ( so many hot girls on it ) He has talent I really like his sound.

Back
Top Bottom