Drake vs. Meek Mill: The Thread we were all to lazy to make until now. Reference Tracks released

The rap world  ( rappers themselves) seems really quiet regarding this beef. Alot of people biting their tongues. I'm curious to see if there is something the public doesn't yet know that everyone behinds the scenes is aware of.  I don't want to speculate but maybe other people are worried about reference tracks leaking of them or something if they speak out. 
Drake got a lot of pull from industry folks. Budden just went on twitter and felt bad for Meek that Meek is playing checkers to Drake's chess game.

Last edited:
**** it, I'll speak anyway... Too late in my career to be PC now... But being objective here..........
— Joe Budden (@JoeBudden) July 31, 2015
I get Meek is on tour, but someone has to tell him u can't wing it when your opponent is this calculated ...
Drake planned artwork, sent bottles to a man he hates & coordinated w the Blue Jays Phillies series.. He's clearly thinking
I understand how public pressure works, but **** all that....
U got the girl & just had a #1 album... But ur walking into a trap wearing a blindfold.. No hate I swear.
I get we had our misunderstanding here but I PROMISE u, I say this with no malice, but as an old ***** who beefed w EVERYBODY....
He makes really good music in his lane.... THIS CLEARLY isn't his lane.. Get bac to you my *****.
He makes really good music in his lane.... THIS CLEARLY isn't his lane.. Get bac to you my *****.
Duke goes gold in a day with NO ANNOUNCEMENT.. This Quentin Miller **** ain't the blow u think it is.
My 70 bars is at 170, if I was a sucka *** ***** I'd drop it for promo.. I'm not.. This ain't about that my G
Smh.. I've said too much.. But I'm a real ***** so I hate to see **** like this, friend or not

after all this beef starting over drake not tweeting bout meek album. Meek aint even promoting his own diss track on his twitter

Meek's "diss" wasn't that bad.. Twitter is blowing it out of proportion.

Same thing with Drake too. Few good one liners in both, but def werent kill shots in either song.

A lot of drake defenders in here :lol:

Y'all need to stop and let these men duke it out.

Nah bruh.  I'm not going for the "not that bad" or the "warm-up" excuse.  Meek had damn near a week.   After the opponent is 2 shots in, you dont get a warm-up.  

Plus his boys were on IG all day hyping this up saying this would be the best diss song since Ether.   Song is trash.  You can barely hear what he's saying on some parts.  No way this isnt the worst song of the series.

You cant take a week to make it, hype it up all day, give it to Flex to drop bombs on, and then the s*** be lukewarm.   He's the AGGRESSOR. So no, Meek gets no pass.   Meek STARTED this beef.  You cant start a beef with one of the biggest artists in the game and come out swinging a twig.  Just bad decisions on his part.  As a rap fan that hasnt really seen a good rap beef in a minute, I was disappointed.  Like after all this wait , I wanted and expected Meek to come out and take Drake's head off.  Not only did he have a whole week, but he already heard 2 of Drakes tracks.  He had a leg up.

Honestly, him hyping his song up and dropping a dud is worse than any song Drake could've put out.  I dont think Drake's songs did the damage at all, he did the damage to himself.  When you have Ja Rule on IG clowning you, you know its trash lol.

Meek gotta take his L like a man.  And yall gotta stop caping for dude.  If you dont like Drake or his music, fine.  Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with taking sides.   Somebody will probably come along and come at Drake's throat for real, but Meek just wasnt the one 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Budden is correct, isn't OVO fest coming up?

Meek trying to be the next contestant on the OVO screen, as it seems. You have to be a bit more strategic than that, as everyone said before, Drake is playing chess right now.

My guess, Drake more than likely drop it as it is. But I wouldn't be surprised to see some extra ish go down over the weekend.

Crooked is 100% correct about not having a set of critics and judges rappers "need to impress" and don't say those people are the listeners and people who "buy" the music, cause fans don't hold any weight

I've pretty much come to the conclusion this generation is just wack

They don't care if you don't write your raps.

They hype everything up like it's Ether or Takeover, when it's not

They dismiss stuff based on fandom and who can meme the best

Meek runs to twitter to diss. Drake runs to instagram to respond.

Meek takes a week for subpar lyricism.

All of this is why a lot of mainstream rap is so bad. They have no standards.

I wasn't impressed with either of Drakes weak tracks or Meeks pathetic attempt at a diss. This "beef" is corny

I've pretty much come to the conclusion this generation is just wack

They don't care if you don't write your raps.

They hype everything up like it's Ether or Takeover, when it's not

They dismiss stuff based on fandom and who can meme the best

Meek runs to twitter to diss. Drake runs to instagram to respond.

Meek takes a week for subpar lyricism.

All of this is why a lot of mainstream rap is so bad. They have no standards.
A lot of mainstream rap being so bad also has to do with the outlets who continue to feed the people trash.

Ebro was talking to Slaughterhouse as if he doesn't play the same 6 songs on his station, or if he's not HOT97's program director. That whole "nobody wants to hear lyrics all the time, it's also about the melody" is nonsense. There are plenty of lyrical artists who also have songs that could bang out on a radio station. Also, why does the radio have to restrict itself to just singles, or party tracks? I don't need to hear trap queen on my way to work 9AM in the morning. 

hip-hop is flooded with more talent than ever. Since Fall '14, at least 20 albums have released from rap's hevyweights, under the radar artists, and well known rappers. With streaming services, the internet in general, and social media, you can pull an artist out of the blue, and have access to more than just an A & B-side single. The fact that the radio stations still want to hold on to the "top 10's" selected by them, is absurd. 

The biggest problem with meek diss was he was talking bout too many people without saying names lol

It's hard to determine which lines were about Joey,drake or safaree .... The Diddy line is only one that was 4sure (which is the best line)

Meek's response wasn't bad, but the timing sure was. It should've been dropped after "Charged Up".

Listen...

There's nothing more damaging to a man than his woman making more money/ wears the pants in the relationship.

When drake disrespected meek with those lines...

I heard unborn babies cry for Meeks life.

Listen...

There's nothing more damaging to a man than his woman making more money/ wears the pants in the relationship.

When drake disrespected meek with those lines...

I heard unborn babies cry for Meeks life.

So that's worse than simping for strippers and flying them around the country, buying them stuff and creating songs about them?

That's worse than being peed on and not standing up for youself?

You kids are lost :lol:

Meek diss was weak, I know he can do better

But the world did just hear the track that drake clearly bit off of in that diss

But so far Drakes jabs are hitting harder than meeks right now, and im a fan of both and im actually rooting for meek the under dog

Aubrey winning

Also if that piss story is true, :x

But back to what magic says, todays rap is wack, clearly aint no ether/takeover kinda rap more of a he say she say

Last edited:
So that's worse than simping for strippers and flying them around the country, buying them stuff and creating songs about them?

That's worse than being peed on and not standing up for youself?

You kids are lost :lol:

The piss comment wasn't even towards drake?

It was towards someone else, hell - half the song was towards that other dude.

And yes, yes being a stay at home daddy while your girl brings in the bread is embarrassing...

Comparing your relationship to jay z and beyonces is even more so.

Dudes a clown in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom