Dream Killa. vol: Time to get realistic?

We all have ambitions. Unfortunately, not everyone will realize their ambition. It's a sad realization, but I suppose that's just the way the world works, right? I mean, we can't all be living our dream lives, right?

So my question to y'all is, when and how do you know when it's time to hang up the Cortez's? Sure, there's virtue in never giving up on your dreams, but the "not-knowing" when this "dream" is gonna pan out--if at all--is misery (for me at least), especially when you have real-life obligations that need attention.

So, again, when do you just say: "hey, I'm pretty tired. I think i'll just [give up] now."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have made sure to hold on the my reasonably attainable dreams. I never plan on giving up on them. :smokin

Last edited:
Getting "realistic" only means giving up on your dreams when you don't have a plan to turn your dreams into reality.

We're all sensitive to trying to be true to person we thought we would be. But I suppose a time comes and you realize there are other ways to obtain your goal or find another interest.

Depends what kind of dreams.
Dreams of being a pro athlete ended for me when Idid not get a scholarship for a D1 school.

I had a dream of meeting the right woman and i did in 2006.

I had a dream of having a child and I did in 2011

Have a dream of going to the world cup...not gonna happen in 2014 so ill keep dreaming till 2018.

Had a dream of being a Real Estate tycoon...did not achieve it after 3 years in the business so I started looking for other options.

Then Had dream of a new job with better pay.... i achieved it last year after looking and applying to jobs over 2 years span.

Have a dream of having a healthy good looking body...still trying to achieve it but I bench 250 right not after starting at 170.

Its good to dream.
Just make sure you are not overlooking the blessings infront of you because your too busy dreaming.

Dream but also be content with what you have and have accomplished

Last edited:
I have made sure to hold on the only my reasonably attainable dreams. I never plan on giving up on them.
smokin.gif
Getting "realistic" only means giving up on your dreams when you don't have a plan to turn your dreams into reality.

I would say that being realistic is simply turning your dreams into attainable goals... a dream with out a plan of action is simply that... a dream

We all should have something we work toward in our lives. Without these goals, dreams, expectations, whatever you want to call them, life would be pretty boring. I think it's best to try and set out for what it is you want out of life, and go towards that in small steps. Nothing major is going to happen overnight. I've seen myself becoming a better person just be making changes to everyday things. Once you clear the clutter and nonsense out of your life, you can see what is what. Also, having good people in your corner goes a LONG way. I'm by no means where I want to be, but as long as you see progress, I think anything is obtainable.

|I

i'm turning 22 this week..this is all ive been thinking about the past few months

Its only dream if you dont have a plan...

I feel like people say stuff like this only after having seen some "inspirational quotes" type stuff on the internet.

Anyway, It goes without saying that not all dreams/ambitions are made equal. Furthermore, certain dreams are more attainable the others simply because society has been structured to favor some--the road most travelled, so to speak.

Consider this: Mr. A's dream is to be the world greatest neurosurgeon. Mr. B's dream is to be the world's greatest jazz musician.

As I see it, (and I speak from experience), there are more opportunities for Mr. A to realize his dream simply because society favors--unfairly, perhaps--what he brings to the social table. To this regard then, it's easier to plan out and achieve Mr. A's dream. Most importantly, there's always a hand there to offer help and guidance.

The same doesn't apply for Mr. B. The road less traveled is often a lonely journey. Some are lucky enough to meet those who are willing to offer guidance, but luck is a fickle mistress. Incremental plans aint never hurt no one, but for Mr.B to realize his dream, his needs equal amounts of opportunity and luck--and these you just can't plan for.

But that's just me.

I have made sure to hold on the only my reasonably attainable dreams. I never plan on giving up on them. :smokin

I like your mantra. Dudes be dreaming of driving Bugatti's, owning mansions in Beverly Hills, threesomes with Minka Kelly & Kate Upton and whatnot. :smh:
Gotta keep ya dreams realistic & attainable

Last edited:
Its only dream if you dont have a plan...

I feel like people say stuff like this only after having seen some "inspirational quotes" type stuff on the internet.

Anyway, It goes without saying that not all dreams/ambitions are made equal. Furthermore, certain dreams are more attainable the others simply because society has been structured to favor some--the road most travelled, so to speak.

Consider this: Mr. A's dream is to be the world greatest neurosurgeon. Mr. B's dream is to be the world's greatest jazz musician.

As I see it, (and I speak from experience), there are more opportunities for Mr. A to realize his dream simply because society favors--unfairly, perhaps--what he brings to the social table. To this regard then, it's easier to plan out and achieve Mr. A's dream. Most importantly, there's always a hand there to offer help and guidance.

The same doesn't apply for Mr. B. The road less traveled is often a lonely journey. Some are lucky enough to meet those who are willing to offer guidance, but luck is a fickle mistress. Incremental plans aint never hurt no one, but for Mr.B to realize his dream, his needs equal amounts of opportunity and luck--and these you just can't plan for.

But that's just me.

I think Mr. B is trying to make money and make a living... which doesn't equate in any way to the goal of being "the worlds greatest jazz musician"...

That goal only requires training and practice... I think most people arent willing to deal with the realities of pursuing such a goal (ie. starving artist cliche) thus they say they have to get "realistic"... which really means "i can't handle the negative aspects of this plan"

^^^Some would say a starving artist is doing it wrong, and I would agree. There's is neither honor nor virtue in poverty.

Maybe if these were the days of old, you could make the case for being a starving artist--being free to pursue your passion with no restraint.

But these days, a homeless fellow can't even camp out in a "public" park.

Money is a necessity in the world--especially in America. Training and practice won't pay for the groceries, transportation, etc, which are present necessities.

What's a fellow to do then? Why must the act of supporting oneself (making a living and money) be incongruous with the goal of being a worlds greatest [insert art profession]? Are you all of a sudden insincere as an musician because you're being realistic?

Are you all of a sudden insincere as an musician because you're being realistic?

You have to build the necessary framework for success... if you are sincere musician you will understand what is necessary for the path you are trying to take.This whole epiphany of "being realistic" won't exist because you have already factored in the road blocks and requirements for the journey.

What's a fellow to do then? Why must the act of supporting oneself (making a living and money) be incongruous with the goal of being a worlds greatest [insert art profession]? Are you all of a sudden insincere as an musician because you're being realistic?

You have to only make enough money to maintain the pursuit of your dream.
If you don't have the business savvy or financial backing to pursue your dream then you have adjust your plan to include the necessary assets you need on your journey.

Nobody is guaranteed success in achieving their dream... there is a person though, who does hold a lot of power in deciding if you will be successful... YOU

Those that fail to factor in and obtain these prerequisites usually fail... those that get it together and understand the concept usually succeed... which one are you?

Last edited:
I'm going to drop these permanent golds in my mouth, 6 to the top and 8 on the bottom, that will leave me with no other option but to fulfill my goals. Word to Wiz Khalifa Ink My Whole Body.

I have a dream career that I'm working hard and taking to proper steps in order to attain.

This thread makes me think of the Lenny Cooke documentary. I saw that this weekend and it really put the battery in my back, like yo we gotta put in that work out here. Ain't no just thinking you deserve something just cause you feel like you got the talent. There's a million different parts to being on your grind and alot of it has to do with what kind of person you are at your core.

I will never give up and be realistic. That's quitting. After the stuff I have pulled off within the last year anything can happen. You have to sacrifice and have some type of faith, but your dream can happen.

Back
Top Bottom