Dressing better

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Do you guys have any recommendations for slim/European cut suits under $600? I've done some research on styleforum and a few other sites but these guys are dropping serious cash on suits. I'm an entry level guy
laugh.gif

Looking for something for work, preferably wool no polyester. If all else fails, I'll just go to Mysuit off 34th or Alton Lane and get a MTM, although the lapels n such will probably be bigger than my liking.
So far, I got J.Crew

Thanks!

I just purchased a suit from Macy's (Slim cut) from a company called Bar III ... The suit was Originally $495.00 and ended up being 30$ off.
Came to $350 with tax ... I went to J Crew on 5th Ave and they had the Ludlow suit for $700 w/ tax no sale. 
mad.gif
 ... It was a nice cut but I wasn't about to drop $7-800 off top for a J Crew suit ...

Now I just need a TAILOR!!!  Anybody have a card or name for someone in NYC?

How did you get the 30 cash off the Baar III suit. I was thinking about copping it

My fault man ... it was 30% off ... It was the Fathers day special .. Went from $495 to $330.

Originally Posted by Drama23

akura - try this guy for alterations. i tried him before and he goes very in depth on what you need fixed.   a bit on the mid-high end pricey tailor though
http://www.yelp.com/biz/alteration-shop-new-york

Thanks man!  I'll be following up on leads since I have a few pants which need altering ... But I found a nice quiet spot in Downtown BK that I might check out .. they charge around the same $14-16 for hemming and so forth .. I dont mind pricey, I just want the fit ...

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Could anyone recommend some denim in between the Levi's 511 and 514 cut. Slim fit like the 514 with around a 15.5-16" leg opening (not quite as tapered as the 511). The J. Crew Urban Slim fit is perfect, but I'm looking for jeans and in the Levi's price range give or take a few bucks. Any help is appreciated.

i would like to know as well!
Levi's 520.

where can i get some nice khaki shorts that arent too short...
Old Navy

Quick question

I'm attending my brothers graduation this Friday and I need to know if my color combo is ok black shirt grey pencil skirt and tan and grey sperry top siders

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Quick question

I'm attending my brothers graduation this Friday and I need to know if my color combo is ok black shirt grey pencil skirt and tan and grey sperry top siders

Pencil skirt + boat shoes are a huge no-no. Why not wear heels or some dressier flats? 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Quick question

Pencil skirt + boat shoes are a huge no-no. Why not wear heels or some dressier flats? 

laugh.gif
I hate heels way too uncomfortable I guess I will have to settle for dressy flats

Originally Posted by Iron Mike

do you guys have shrines in your closet like helga for rfx45?

%#% does that even mean? Goddamn trolls have nothing better to do.
Does saying stupid s*** like this make you feel better about yourself?

I seriously have no idea what I did to these people to come out and hate unprovoked. 

roll.gif

Quick question

laugh.gif
I hate heels way too uncomfortable I guess I will have to settle for dressy flats

what about some wedges?

So to everyone who wears undershirts with their dress shirts, I have a question...any suggestions on v-necks with a deeper V if I'm wearing the shirt casually and will have up to 2 buttons unbuttoned? Or at that point is my best bet going shirtless underneath? Thanks

I'm not a fan of the no undershirt look, simply because it gives off the Rico Suave/Don Johnson/Miami Vice look.

I also don't see the undershirt showing as a big faux pas once you unbutton more than one button.  Unbuttoning more than one button on a dress shirt screams "casual", but that's my opinion.

I seriously have no idea what I did to these people to come out and hate unprovoked.

I would just ignore it bro,
laugh.gif

These are the same dudes that put time and effort into double socking so the swooshes line up.  Ironically, the short and tall tee crowd is the same crowd in every hairline thread, you know 'cause they want to tell everyone they don't care by wearing a basketball uniform everywhere yet their hairline has to be perfect for the birds,
laugh.gif

roll.gif
It's ultra-ignorant because RFX isn't receiving universal or blind praise in this thread. A lot of his stuff is fly as ##@%, some of it not as much, and we all tell him and he takes it in stride.
Always random haters in here, and the thread keeps going. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Storm2006

So to everyone who wears undershirts with their dress shirts, I have a question...any suggestions on v-necks with a deeper V if I'm wearing the shirt casually and will have up to 2 buttons unbuttoned? Or at that point is my best bet going shirtless underneath? Thanks

Topman Deep V-Neck T-Shirts are a pretty good option 2 for $20. If those don't work, shirtless is the way to go. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

roll.gif
It's ultra-ignorant because RFX isn't receiving universal or blind praise in this thread. A lot of his stuff is fly as ##@%, some of it not as much, and we all tell him and he takes it in stride.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 talk about left field!

Originally Posted by FLAboiDOLPH

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

roll.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 talk about left field!

son tried to come out with the hey arnold dis and got bodied.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Twism009

Kinda off topic but where can I get a DOPE travel duffel? Inexpensive too....

Try Goodwill, Local Thrift store.. and eBay..
i have got cole haan and ll bean and a few other things from these place for less than a few dollars.. you will be surprised.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Topman Deep V-Neck T-Shirts are a pretty good option 2 for $20. If those don't work, shirtless is the way to go. 
My man! Good looks. I'm about to give these a whirl, do you have any recommendations on sizing?

Originally Posted by aceofjays

My man! Good looks. I'm about to give these a whirl, do you have any recommendations on sizing?

No problemo. Their sizing is on the slim side, so I'd probably size up. To be sure, you can compare their measurements on their site, with a shirt you already have.

^The style of hat seems a bit casual for the French cuff shirt, but it's pulled together nicely by the pocket square and shoes. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Where are you guys buying inexpensive suits from?

I just need one for a formal I have to go to for my girl in the fall. I want a navy or grey one, and H&M suits def don't fit me
anyone?
looking to spend about 500 bucks since I'm only wearing it for this

Where are you guys buying inexpensive suits from?

I just need one for a formal I have to go to for my girl in the fall. I want a navy or grey one, and H&M suits def don't fit me
anyone?
looking to spend about 500 bucks since I'm only wearing it for this
500 bucks for a suit you will wear only once? that makes no financial sense ... but that is another conversation. i don't normally advice this, but if you are hell bent on wearing a suit only once, then just go rent one and save your money. 
Overall though, i wont recommend renting a suit - or buying it to wear only once. A WELL FITTING suit should be an investment like a car, should last you a long time and be versatile. For 500 dollars - go to your nearest polo store and try on their various cuts in navy or charcoal, especially the made in italy (corneliani) line. see what fits you and maybe check if they are having a sale. you should find something that works. If there is nothing there on sale in your price range, memorize the suit size and cut and check out eBay ... many Polo suits out there to be had for less than 500. 

you guys are ballers - 500 dollar suits to wear once ... lol. 

Back
Top Bottom