Dressing better

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by LieutenantDan93

What is a good, cheap pair of shoes to go out in? I was thinking about buying 2 pairs of chuck taylors (grey and black). Any other suggestions?

If you are looking for inexpensive sneakers type, any Jack Purcell, Stan Smith, Trentron, and Rockports.
For casual, bucks, desert boots, chukka shoes, or loafers (driving).

http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/3275

http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/3276

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...rue&navCount=10&pushId=SALE_M&id=SALE_M_SHOES
good looks. 

Is there any tips on breaking in new dress shoes quickly? I've worn sneakers all my life and recently entered the corporate world. In short, my feet are killing me at the end of the day.

I'm so god damn tired of hunting beeswax dbs for a reasonable price
mad.gif
Local Clarks store is selling them for $200
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone with knowledge of a shop that would ship them for a little less within EU?

Originally Posted by Jackofspad3s

Anybody have any recommendations on winter shoes? Timbs are uncomfortable as hell.

Go on JackThreads, they've been having nice cheap COMFORTABLE ones lately. I really liked them.

Don't buy the one's that look like knock-off vans though, they are the worst pieces of %#$ EVER! I swear it's not even cool.

what are some great places/websites to purchase ties? this navy narrow silk knit tie caught my attention immediately the other day. i think it was RL.  

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

what are some great places/websites to purchase ties? this navy narrow silk knit tie caught my attention immediately the other day. i think it was RL.  

I have purchased from thetiebar.com in the past

Sup guys. It's been a minute. 

My grandmother passed away recently and the funeral was Saturday. 

They wanted the family to wear lighter colors...

6039157369_3f0ddf547e.jpg

Nice outfit Ace, sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

pLEVI1-10215043_outfitmain_t330x400.jpg

LandingpageBackground.jpg

Can anyone identify these shoes (far left in the second pic)? or anyone know of anything similar with a flat sole like that?
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Can anyone identify these shoes (far left in the second pic)? or anyone know of anything similar with a flat sole like that?
Thanks in advance.

They are seavees 7 eye trail boot.  that color way came out about a year or 2 ago hard to find I'm looking for that color right now myself.  they got new colors here http://seavees.com/shop/p...mens/02_60._7_eye_trail/  good luck.  

Well Dressed Men of NT,
I come with you with a dilemma....I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and I need some opinions, being that it's my 1st one. I've been doing some research (kinda/sorta) because it will held during afternoon hours (about 3pm) and most websites are telling me I should be dressed semi-formal (after the wedding, we will be attending a dinner reception and some of us might head out to a bar after all is done).

I had the intention of wearing something similar to the following (I was planning to wear this to ensure I don't OD and spend $ on useless stuff): Pretty much same kind of shoes/tweed blazers like those below and MAYBE that polo vest..All which I already own

The Blazers are/should match the shoes being that they are pretty much the same brownish color, but the question I pose to you is this: I am going overboard?...Should I just rent a reg tux/suit and be like the rest of the "lames" at the wedding? And if its not overdoing it, what type of pants should I wear with the outfit.  I'm planning to wear the vest,  but have no idea what shirt/tie (white/?) to wear under or if should even bother with it altogether (that is, if the attire is appropriate for the wedding)....Any help/insight will help and sorry for the format of this post...trying to get those people who don't read  W.O.Ts (being that this is NT) to respond too 
grin.gif
 ....Thanks 

^^^It's the summer, so I don't think you should be layering with a sweater vest, and I'm not sure if you'll want to wear tweed either. I also don't think you should rent a tux, and you would be better off buying a suit (basic charcoal grey or navy) if you chose to go that route.

I'm not all that stylish or adventurous, but I honestly can't envision an outfit involving a tweed blazer at a wedding. Not sure if other folks have recommendations...

Originally Posted by RedMan

^^^^ that outfit is clean as hell. Spill the beans on the shoes.
Thanks Man. They're Allen Edmonds Cliftons
Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Appreciate it bro.

CjGenius368 wrote:
^^^It's the summer, so I don't think you should be layering with a sweater vest, and I'm not sure if you'll want to wear tweed either. I also don't think you should rent a tux, and you would be better off buying a suit (basic charcoal grey or navy) if you chose to go that route.

I'm not all that stylish or adventurous, but I honestly can't envision an outfit involving a tweed blazer at a wedding. Not sure if other folks have recommendations...

I have to agree. Honestly, I think that's over doing it.  Just get you a khaki suit, you can wear a denim shirt with a tie and desert boots.  Do not rent a tux. 

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Your cuts look clean as hell. Pants have great break, shirt is not overflowing, jacket looks proportionate (although I'm really bad at telling how jackets should fit...I hate wearing jackets). Your tailor puts in work.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Your cuts look clean as hell. Pants have great break, shirt is not overflowing, jacket looks proportionate (although I'm really bad at telling how jackets should fit...I hate wearing jackets). Your tailor puts in work.
Overall, I think it's a good look but the proportions are off.  Top button of his jacket is practically at his beltline.

Back
Top Bottom