Dressing better

Yo NT, I'm not too far off from college and really want to mature my style, I realize I probably won't be rocking graphic tees and jeans everyday for much longer. Can you guys reccommend me some tops and possibly shoe styles(I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that basketball shoes just don't look right with every outfit)or even just tips to dress more of a young man than a boy, preciate it.

Originally Posted by airpirate545

Yo NT, I'm not too far off from college and really want to mature my style, I realize I probably won't be rocking graphic tees and jeans everyday for much longer. Can you guys reccommend me some tops and possibly shoe styles(I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that basketball shoes just don't look right with every outfit)or even just tips to dress more of a young man than a boy, preciate it.

if you have a H&M near you just go there for your basics because they're decent fitting and really cheap.
I don't have one so I get most of my button up shirts from J Crew, and they give student discounts.

Honestly though...when you're in school 95% of the time you're probably just going to say eff it and throw on whatever is clean.
I mainly wear T shirts that I get from Target and 514s/521s and Jack Purcell sneakers or DBs

Originally Posted by aceofjays

The mail man dropped these off yesterday. 

You gotta love suede.

6123596777_810aedd003_z.jpg
those are amazing. one of the most versatile shoes anyone can own. 
congrats and wear them in good health bra. 

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

I need a pair of chunky, rounded brogues (if this makes sense) Does anyone know what company makes a good pair?
Alden or Allen Edmonds 

Recently picked up a few more Hamilton shirts, one of the standouts this morning...

My friend didn't bother telling me she was taking the picture, but oh well... 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

Recently picked up a few more Hamilton shirts, one of the standouts this morning...

ohwell.gif
info on shirt big homey

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

info on shirt big homey

Hamilton
One of the few remaining companies that are still USA made. Even better they are made right here in Houston...

Their city camo was featured in GQ a couple issues ago. I need to quit screwing around and get one before I regret it.

Anyone ever order an Indochino suit? I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I'm 5'6 with a small frame so the custom route seems like the best route for me, plus they give you a $75 alteration credit for any alterations that need to be made after the suit ships. Also, what color would you recommend if it's going to be my only/main suit for a while? Its between charcoal,grey and blue. It would mainly be for law school events and interviews. Thanks in advance

ohwell.gif
GODDAMMIT I WANT THAT SHIRT!
I saw it a year ago and they don't sell it any more

INFO!?!...is it hamilton or an off brand? how much? 

Originally Posted by ConductZero

Anyone know where I can get these Red Wings Moc toe 1907's for under 220+ tax? Not tryin to pay full price.
If you can wait out long enough, I got my pair last year from karmaloop around Christmas time when they had a 30% off er'thang. I think there was even a day where they had 40% off, I had came too early with the 30.

In regards to the quality of the soles, I wore them for maybe, 4 months this year (basically winter) everyday. They're still in great condition. Just don't be someone who drags their feet when they walk and you should be good for a while. Also, if you do plan on using these for winter, make sure to stock up on wool socks!!!

Originally Posted by sillyputty

GODDAMMIT I WANT THAT SHIRT!
I saw it a year ago and they don't sell it any more

INFO!?!...is it hamilton or an off brand? how much? 

The one you are thinking of is probably Gitman Bro Vintage. Main differences are the orange accents and heavier material as compared to the Hamilton shirt. Both companies are slimmer fitting, but Gitman has lower armholes making the fit a little odd for my body. Hamilton, for me, is the PERFECT off the rack shirt.
Collage is the spoiler is rather large, but the best for showing the Gitman version.

Spoiler [+]
13ee7bb7_2011.08.19.jpeg

I like the Hamilton better as it doesn't get overly cold in Houston, so having a super thick oxford isn't the best idea unless you want to sweat your balls off
sick.gif

Shirt is $225 via their website.

ohwell.gif

81824713.gif

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

whats the difference between jcrew and jcrew factory?
The factory store is the outlet and has lower quality, lower material clothes.  The clothes there are made specifically for the factory store.  There are a few items that look identical to ones found in the retail stores.  Usually shirts like ginghams and chambray.  The prices are better and they have more sales but their prices seem higher this year.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by aceofjays

The mail man dropped these off yesterday. 

You gotta love suede.

6123596777_810aedd003_z.jpg
I reblogged these sooooo fast on Tumblr!
laugh.gif
 I saw.
omgitswes: They're Herring Readings. Check 'em out.

niidawg3: I most certainly will 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

The factory store is the outlet and has lower quality, lower material clothes.  The clothes there are made specifically for the factory store.  There are a few items that look identical to ones found in the retail stores.  Usually shirts like ginghams and chambray.  The prices are better and they have more sales but their prices seem higher this year.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by shogun

Thanks.

Honestly the factory has gotten a lil higher than it should be. I can usually find similar "higher quality" clothes (for the same prices) in the sale section of the jcrew site. Plus coupons are available just about every other week so its not hard to come up. I'm mad I passed up on that shawl sweater this week while they were running the 30% off sale

Ace--How's the width on the Herring's? Is the F width identical to a US D? I wear a US C and I'm concerned they'll be too wide. Also, did you go half size or full size down? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Miniojw

ohwell.gif

81824713.gif
I need the video from that gif, please.

^^^I tried my luck and picked up a few pieces from the jcrew factory. Lets see how it goes when they come in. Too bad I missed out on the 30% sale.

Back
Top Bottom