Dressing better

im looking for some new shoes and im having trouble finding a style i like.

I need a new pair for work and a pair to wear a out like to dinner or if i go see a show. any one have a pair they like any input would help

Get something like this in both black and brown.
hRDmf.jpg

Can anyone here relate to this "problem"?

I'm a slim guy with proportionally big thighs and calves, but my ankles are BEYOND skinny. I'm forced to wear jeans that taper down to the leg opening found on skinny jeans, but this ends up hugging the curve shape of my calves way too much and takes away from the straight leg look. If I wear jeans with bigger leg openings, they look fine until you see the area below my calves
sick.gif
They look especially bad when I wear slim shoes...I'll take a picture later if this is too confusing of a description
laugh.gif

Is there anyway I can get a tailor to taper my pants/jeans only from below my calf instead of from the knee? Or would this end up looking goofy/sloppy?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

hey RFX, whats the lowest youve seen a pair of lanvin sneakers go for? I'm eyeing the lowtops (suede & patent leather toe cap) that you have. and also Are brown sneakers difficult to pull off? Most of my wardrobe consists of khaki, blue, grey, and red. not much of black but those ones u have are so sex. thanks
On a perfect day, $250 is probably the lowest. ~$300-$350 is a decent price especially since it is such a versatile pair. However, brown sneakers doesn't work like brown dress shoes where it works with almost any color that isn't black. It can be pulled off, you just need to be more careful. If you can the black pair with black patent toe, it can probably be worn with everything, including khakis. This is probably one of the pairs of sneakers I feel like a sneakerhead again to a point that I want to buy another pair to stock for later.
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

EbteE.jpg
Man this is the exact pair I was referencing. so versatile. if you ever see a pair in my size for an awesome price lmk. I wear an 8.5 in nike and 41 in MMM and CP. What is the equivalent size in lanvin?

^^^Good to see you back Nii, killin it as always
pimp.gif
...not clothes related but this just came in, a small gift for myself, but I like how it looks tho
laugh.gif

2w2ratc.jpg

241qame.jpg

Originally Posted by WantThemAll

some good info in here. my friend Dan runs the site, http://www.thestyleblogger.com/ and always has helpful tips in addition to his own menswear line.
Definitely a great blog! I've met Dan personally at my fitting at Michael Andrews Bespoke a couple of weeks ago, he definitely was great and very helpful in the consultation process. Heck if it wasn't for thestyleblogger.com and Dan I would have never found out about Michael Andrews Bespoke.

hey nii nice fit as usual!

Just wondering.. what brand white dress shirt is that?? if you don't mind me asking..

thanks bro.

Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank Boot Sale

Allen Edmonds’ Shoe Bank, their national outlet, is offering boots half off through this weekend. The Shoe Bank mainly sells seconds, but they’re usually nice enough to tell you if they see any visible issues. At this discount, they drop all the way to $117-149, a tremendous bargain.

Call them at 262-241-4266, and they can tell you what they’ve got in your size; they’ll gladly ship. It’s best if you know your AE models or at least are at a computer where you can Google them.

Originally Posted by CJ863

anyone know where I can find this sort of m65 style jacket from in the $100-150 range? 
5.jpg

There have been several replies. But way under ur stated range. Levis has it for 19.99 at sams club.

So I just found out my NYE plans are a little fancier than I originally thought, so I'm in a rush to put something together (I'll be away from tomorrow to 12/30)

I didn't have much time to shop around but I found a decent looking black blazer ... main problem is I couldn't find my exact size and don't really have time for tailor (normally I'm a 42L, the blazer is a 44R)

I know this isn't the ideal GQ slim fit, but does this look passable?  Any feedback/insight is appreciated Thanks

Back
Top Bottom