Dressing better

Originally Posted by Jkissi7

I think people can only be judged as "Trying hard" by another person if that's the person style then its looked at as just being normal. It might be "trying hard' to what you know and would do. All opinions I guess. Like my stuff could be looked at as contrived as hell , but for me its somewhat regular attire

yah, stick to wearing wallabees with rolled up pants
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

Cheaper than my staff discount from Clarks, and the quality should be much better on these.

mad.gif

Thats a crazy steal.

Most brands make good desert boots.

The only brand I've truely noticed that failed at it is J. Crew

Anyone know where I can find a nice selection of button-up shirts online. Price between 25-30 per shirt. I'm tired of H&M and I have enough RL. Themore colors the better. Thanks.

Originally Posted by LB510

Anyone know where I can find a nice selection of button-up shirts online. Price between 25-30 per shirt. I'm tired of H&M and I have enough RL. The more colors the better. Thanks.

try macy's.com. they have some pretty good sales. also i've never bought from there, but http://www.paulfredrick.com/ seems to have a good selection of shirts.

I think people can only be judged as "Trying hard" by another person if that's the person style then its looked at as just being normal. It might be "trying hard' to what you know and would do. All opinions I guess. Like my stuff could be looked at as contrived as hell , but for me its somewhat regular attire
jkissi, nice fits and blog.

everyone dresses differently. so to each, their own.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Any ideas for a herringbone blazer with elbow patches?

Also, what is a nice messenger bag for work? Canvas and/or leather is fine.

I don't know about herringbone but this tweed blazer from uniqlo was in August GQ. $100
tweed2.jpg
i was at uniqlo yesterday and they didn't have that blazer yet

the early fall stuff they had wasn't that great...i picked up a plaid shirt
The GQ mag said it will hit the store at the end of this month/early next month. They also said that you should get it in a hurry so I'm guessing once it's gone..they're not going to restock it. For $100, it's a great item.
They had this Item last year , I slept BADLY, my friend picked it up and I was sick all winter
laugh.gif
mad.gif
.... they have dress pants also
nerd.gif

yo I'm about to go to these two thrift stores to see if i can find some vintage light jackets/chambray and button up shirts, I think the thrift store is agood spot for those

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Any ideas for a herringbone blazer with elbow patches?

Also, what is a nice messenger bag for work? Canvas and/or leather is fine.

I don't know about herringbone but this tweed blazer from uniqlo was in August GQ. $100
tweed2.jpg
i was at uniqlo yesterday and they didn't have that blazer yet

the early fall stuff they had wasn't that great...i picked up a plaid shirt
The GQ mag said it will hit the store at the end of this month/early next month. They also said that you should get it in a hurry so I'm guessing once it's gone..they're not going to restock it. For $100, it's a great item.
They had this Item last year , I slept BADLY, my friend picked it up and I was sick all winter
laugh.gif
mad.gif
.... they have dress pants also
nerd.gif
how was the sizing on it?

i'm assuming sizing will be S-XL rather than chest measurements

if that's the case i don't know if i would need a medium or large

My bad King of New York
tired.gif

thanks seany boy

To those looking for some peacoats/trench coats, Topman has a nice selection.
Since it is a Euro brand or more specifically, a Euro GAP, it should be slim fitting but again only those NYers can attest to how it fits.
Reasonably priced for $150-$160.
64B01WNAV_thumb.jpg
64F05WCHR_thumb.jpg
64F08WCAM_thumb.jpg
64F03WLGY_thumb.jpg
64F02WCHR_thumb.jpg
64F01WCHR_thumb.jpg
64F24VBLK_thumb.jpg

Overall, the website just has a lot of nice clothes, specially jackets for a nice price if you are looking to get ready for fall/winter.

RFX45 - I work for Topman in NYC dont be too happy on those trenches for the most part majority of the trenches quality are good for the winter, but then itsthose few quality is pretty *%$@*@ as hell like buttons come off easy , irregular demensions like long sleeves and just dumb stuff. I would still buy sometrenches with my 60% discount it all looks better when rang up lol , but in general everyone please be careful with the jacket you choose , the quality can bevery bad on some select few!

Pics sure make them look good, but damn, employees get 60% off?

Hows the fit though? Similar to H&M?

Yeah I work for Topman so I get 60% , but Topshop workers don't receive the same discount.
If you are in NYC and stop by store its like 15% off for student
RFX45 - I cant lie the fit is to the t, real slim fit H&M doesn't compare in fit and either does Uniqlo. When you talk about Topman be sure to size upbecause the clothes fit real slim.
As far as quality goes it goes like Uniqlo > Topman > H&M
With the fitting of the clothes its definitely like
Topman > Uniqlo > H&M

you have to be careful when dealing with the trenches the M could fit you perfectly but the sleeves are not long enough , its a real European fit that'sfor sure.

Ahhh, so your on Topman management?
You should do some of their advertisements or photoshoots, if you aren't already.
It's still not cool that NY gets both Topman and Uniqlo. They need to open a store in SoCal asap.

Also, a heads up, Gilt has some nice John Varvatos shoes/boots.
They have some brown Chukka's on sale for $168 (retail $400), I am so tempted but I already bought two pairs from this sale and a 3rd one might be goingoverboard for me.
laugh.gif

I love how their shoes are distressed for a more casual look. Worth a look, plenty of sizes left.

Africa rep here ! Ghana

niidawg very nice , you go to that annual African picnic thing in August in NYC also?

This outfit here inspired me to do a post on Street Etiquette about the madras print

http://www.StreetEtiquette.com

Its funny so far I have received hate/love for the fit its either I love that ,or that its bad lol no in between, and I'm pretty content with any feedback I get to be honest. BTW these are patchwork pants that I rolled up so now it gives that look of shorts which I wanted to avoid , so rolling down the pants leg one more time would of made it look more pants like I guess. one thing I know is I would not have done the wallys originally I wanted to do the j.crew chestnut suede desert boots but couldn't get my hands on them so I tried plan B , which still worked imo but not how it should with cleaner profile shoes.. One thing I hope people recognize is that I never try to go out the traditional easy way, lol damn i talk a lot but i'm answering the frequent questions I got from all over lol

jkissiwholefit.png

As you indicated, mocha desert boots would have taken this to the next level. Regardless epic style fam.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, i did the picnic a few years in a row btwn 02-06. But havent been since 06. I heard its this weekend right?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Ahhh, so your on Topman management?
You should do some of their advertisements or photoshoots, if you aren't already.
It's still not cool that NY gets both Topman and Uniqlo. They need to open a store in SoCal asap.

Also, a heads up, Gilt has some nice John Varvatos shoes/boots.
They have some brown Chukka's on sale for $168 (retail $400), I am so tempted but I already bought two pairs from this sale and a 3rd one might be going overboard for me.
laugh.gif

I love how their shoes are distressed for a more casual look. Worth a look, plenty of sizes left.

lol ... i thought i was a shopaholic ... you are worse than me rfx.

hadnt even heard of topman before today.

laugh.gif

I promise, that after I find my staple brown leather jacket, then I will probably (maybe) stop buying shoes or clothes for the year.
The JV shoes I bought were just too good to pass up.
One was a pair I was going to buy at Vegas for retail but they didn't have my size so when I saw, I just had to grab it.
The other, well the loafer just had a great and unique color that I had to have it.

I also have a Rag & Bone jacket coming in tomorrow or wednesday.

I really do need to stop spending but damn, I lost about 15 lbs this summer and some of my clothes fit huge on me now.
What's a guy to do?
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

I finally got a black gingham shirt.. Trying to find somethin to go with it.

RFX please stop spending.
frown.gif

Black ginghams are very versatile.
It could go with well with dark jeans and if you want to be somewhat different, wear it with white jeans (maybe different shoe from the pic below though but itworks well and yes I know the pic below in purple gingham but you get the idea).
P7240358.jpg

You want to formal it up a bit, it goes well with black trousers as well and I rarely recommend wearing black trousers.
This looks pretty good:
82756939_10.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Black ginghams are very versatile.
It could go with well with dark jeans and if you want to be somewhat different, wear it with white jeans (maybe different shoe from the pic below though but it works well and yes I know the pic below in purple gingham but you get the idea).
P7240358.jpg

i see you've been lurking in the WAYWRN thread on SF....lol. its a great thread.

OP - you can also rock the black gingham with grey pants/jeants a black tie and a vest. i'll find a picture of a black gingham fit i put together a few weeks ago and post it later tonight when i get home.

Back
Top Bottom