Dressing better

Khakis/dress pants/suit pants are supposed to go to the top of the shoe, correct? I'm 6"1 and normally wear a 34x32, but the 34x30 come to the top ofmy foot for me and def. feel more 'fitted.' I think being in Europe for the past year may also be altering my view of what 'fits' and whatdoesn't...but the 34x30 feel like a perfect fit, and I think I'm just going to keep going with it... EDIT: The pics on Page 274 that RFX posted areexactly what I'm going through going from the 34x32 to a 34x30...it feels like a snugger fit and a more correct fit, I'm just a little weary thatpeople think they're too short...even though they feel better to me.

The less break on the pants the better as long as it doesn't go to high-waters territory.
Those pics just has the right break, I try to get my pants like that or with a little more break.

More boots that has caught my attention.
[img]http://images.saksfifthavenue....417816993097/0417816993097R_300x400.jpg[/img][img]http://images.saksfifthavenue....434016568924/0434016568924R_300x400.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images.saksfifthavenue....406217189642/0406217189642R_300x400.jpg[/img][img]http://images.saksfifthavenue....414303169430/0414303169430R_300x400.jpg[/img]

I need myself a brown leather jacket like this asap.
00001f.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

I need myself a brown leather jacket like this asap.
00001f.jpg
Yup, still waiting on that Gap one, im getting impatient... Sucks when you wanna spend money, yet you cant. BLAH!

Also to my Toronto folks, I know a few are in here.
Band of Outsiders shop opened up at Bay/Wellington. CHEA
Havent checked it out yet, but I, sure I will go soon.

Some great advice in this post, nice to see it past 200+ pgs
I havent really been " dressing better " lately cuz I spent the summer unemployed partying a whole lot .... but Fall's here
recently ....

332wjfp.png

to a funeral RIP my best friends Granny .... I was wearing all blk vans eras that are not shown

200sdy0.jpg

1 button suit to a interview ... I pratically got the job on the spot
pimp.gif

My new boss says " by the way you are dressed I can tell you dont play no games "
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by RFX45

Some nice ties from the Hickey Sale.
After the 30% discount, it is about $33.
Each are available in different colors too.

Do you know the width?
2" width on the knitted ties.
The regular ties might 2" or the regular width.

am i the only one that thinks knitted ties look straight doodoo? they look messy, like grammy made it.

wool ties on the other hand
pimp.gif

I like knit ties, it has a distinct look and can be pulled off more casually.
I mainly see it as a spring/summer accessory though, maybe the darker ones would work for fall/winter.

thinkinFRESH, good fit overall.
Congrats on the new job too.

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Some great advice in this post, nice to see it past 200+ pgs
I havent really been " dressing better " lately cuz I spent the summer unemployed partying a whole lot .... but Fall's here
recently ....

332wjfp.png

to a funeral RIP my best friends Granny .... I was wearing all blk vans eras that are not shown

200sdy0.jpg

1 button suit to a interview ... I pratically got the job on the spot
pimp.gif

My new boss says " by the way you are dressed I can tell you dont play no games "
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
fits
Personally I would've went for a skinnier knot with the tie
still a good look though

Just got back from browsing at the stores in the local mall.

J. Crew-a lot of polos, cardigans, shorts are on sale.
Banana Republic-they redid the whole theme of the store. It's not dark and gloomy. A lot of nice looking pieces that incorporate wool, tweet, andherringbone. A lot of good pants/jeans on sale as well. Not so much for tops.
Express-they FINALLY dropped the whole Ed Hardy theme with random dragons and old english writting on blazers and such. They now carry skinny ties, and a lotof articles are military inspired, ie shoulder flaps on dress shirt and jacket. Looks good, but quality is still what it is.

PS anyone here has personal experience with Timberland shoes? I saw some waterproof loafers that caught my eyes, but never owned a pair of Timbs before.

Just picked these up. Read the reviews online and they were great. Water proof loafers for the rainy days. I tried on some boots, but they felt too clunkyfor my taste. $69.xx taxed.

waljt3.jpg

sw6yjm.jpg

wj4 - I was just about to reply that the Timberland shoes I own are going strong. They're a rubber soled oxford that I wear on rainy/cold snowy days inToronto (when boots aren't required of course). They're water tight, and slim enough to wear with a suit. The leather is also nice, so you can buffup a good shine. Mine were %60 off $60.

And The BOO store in Toronto is going to be checked out. I'm interested to see what the prices are like. If they exchange the dollar at $1.40,they'll close as fast as they opened up. I think Lileo is seeing this effect, which is why they always seem to have a sale on now.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

wj4 - I was just about to reply that the Timberland shoes I own are going strong. They're a rubber soled oxford that I wear on rainy/cold snowy days in Toronto (when boots aren't required of course). They're water tight, and slim enough to wear with a suit. The leather is also nice, so you can buff up a good shine. Mine were %60 off $60.

And The BOO store in Toronto is going to be checked out. I'm interested to see what the prices are like. If they exchange the dollar at $1.40, they'll close as fast as they opened up. I think Lileo is seeing this effect, which is why they always seem to have a sale on now.
Good to hear, man. You def got a killer deal there. The ones I got were on sale for $60 at Macys and I had a 10% off coupon. I may wear thembefore the rain just to break them in. I got the vintage brown color and I think after a couple of wears, they will look even better.

Back
Top Bottom