Dressing better

a lot of guys are uncomfortable showing any sock ever so they end up with an excessive break. education is key.
This is also the reason why a lot of my friends still wear baggy shorts that are half way down the legs. They don't want the shorts to rideup above their knees when sitting down. Sure it feels weird at first, but you get used to it.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

What I hate about ordering from J crew is unless there's like extra percent off sale items. The shipping sends it right back up to the OG price. and if I go in the store i could get the one that's original price for cheaper using my student discount.
I wonder what the employee discount is like, even though I don't want to work retail, not many men go to the J Crew here, whenever I'm in there its only like 2 or 3

the discount is pretty good...
50% all sale unlimited
50% any 5 items that are work related (except for things that are on exlcusion) per month
30% of any item that are not exclusions (unlimited)
20% off gift cards
theres a list with items that are 60% off full price that you can purchase (btw red wings are on it)
seasonal 75% off sale items during certain parts of the year

Originally Posted by RFX45

Received the Levis 511 trousers in khaki and grey.
I hate how Levis sizing inconsistencies.
I got both in 30x30 and the waist on the khaki version is about 2-3 sizes too big while the grey one fits almost right at about half a size too big.
I hate it because the 30x30 fits just right by the thighs and legs but when I tried on the 29x30 the thighs were practically painted on even to the calves.
I'm not sure if I want to get the 29x30 and wait for it to stretch or just live with the 30x30 and maybe get the waist tailored.
118.jpg

or you can trade those 511 kahkis for my 514 kahkis
wink.gif

Quick question about Clark's sizing.

I normally wear a 13 but when I tried on a pair of wallabees, I had to go with a size 12. I'm looking at getting a pair of desert boots offline, I waswondering if the sizing difference was due to Clark's being a UK company or if the wallabees just fit differently?

I got both in 30x30 and the waist on the khaki version is about 2-3 sizes too big while the grey one fits almost right at about half a size too big.
I hate it because the 30x30 fits just right by the thighs and legs but when I tried on the 29x30 the thighs were practically painted on even to the calves.
I'm not sure if I want to get the 29x30 and wait for it to stretch or just live with the 30x30 and maybe get the waist tailored.
118.jpg
Those fit looks good though from the looks of it.

I could barely get the bottom past my feet when I tried them on at the store

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa25

Quick question about Clark's sizing.

I normally wear a 13 but when I tried on a pair of wallabees, I had to go with a size 12. I'm looking at getting a pair of desert boots offline, I was wondering if the sizing difference was due to Clark's being a UK company or if the wallabees just fit differently?
Size down 1. I'm normally a 10-10.5 and I got a 9 in Desert Boots. fits just about right with a bit of room.

Stopped by H&M today and there was a pretty wide selection of coats. Priced around $60-120. Didn't pick up anything though because the quality seemedshoddy and H&M has a way of adding something completely unnecessary and not functional to perfectly fine looking pieces. I'm glad I didn't pick upanything because I stopped by Zara and their jacket selection, while similarly priced, is heads and shoulders better than H&M.

Checked out J.Crew and they didn't get a lot of their new stuff in yet. I wanted to check out the toggle hoody in person but it wasn't there.

Saw a lot of nice shoes today too. Those beeswax desert boots are calling my name
laugh.gif
Red Wing gentleman walkers (called something else now) also look amazingin person. Saw some nice wingtips too but I don't feel like I'm mentally ready to take that step
laugh.gif

118.jpg
try to get some uniqlos

High fashion rant:

Can anyone explain to me why Common Projects sneakers are priced at $350+ at Bloomingdales?
indifferent.gif
That leather better be from an endangered species of cow and addfive inches to my vertical because there's nothing that differentiates this:

common_projects_detail.jpg

from any of the hundreds of silhouettes that look just like it.

Also, please don't be fooled by Theory. I was checking out their section when I noticed something that looked familiar. They were selling a pretty nice redplaid shirt for $275. Okay, cool, I get that it's a high fashion brand and that's sometimes the going price for shirts. What I don't understand iswhy the plaid fabric they used on that shirt was the EXACT same as the Gap shirt I was wearing on that day. Other than the buttons being different, the shirtswere identical (I spent a few minutes checking the details... EXACT same shirt.) I bought my shirt on sale for $24.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

High fashion rant:

Can anyone explain to me why Common Projects sneakers are priced at $350+ at Bloomingdales?
indifferent.gif
That leather better be from an endangered species of cow and add five inches to my vertical because there's nothing that differentiates this:

Also, please don't be fooled by Theory. I was checking out their section when I noticed something that looked familiar. They were selling a pretty nice red plaid shirt for $275. Okay, cool, I get that it's a high fashion brand and that's sometimes the going price for shirts. What I don't understand is why the plaid fabric they used on that shirt was the EXACT same as the Gap shirt I was wearing on that day. Other than the buttons being different, the shirts were identical (I spent a few minutes checking the details... EXACT same shirt.) I bought my shirt on sale for $24.
smh.gif

preach!!!! dont fall into the "label" trap. and always shop for deeeeeeeeep discounts.

Theory shirts are extremely wack. I found a couple at Ross for around $80 and I couldn't believe the quality...they were below average. Felt OldNavy-esque.

Like nii stated, search around for deals. In my wardrobe, I think the Desert Boots were the only shoes I paid retail for. I actually take great pride in beingable to find deals and steals.

What are some decently priced Polos that arent RL? I'm a senior in high school trying to step it up a little bit, not to the point of sportshirt and allthat jazz, but a nice shirt + dark denim and some sneakers kinda thing. What are some outfits that wouldn't look too outlandish anyone could recommend?

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

What are some decently priced Polos that arent RL? I'm a senior in high school trying to step it up a little bit, not to the point of sportshirt and all that jazz, but a nice shirt + dark denim and some sneakers kinda thing. What are some outfits that wouldn't look too outlandish anyone could recommend?

the only non RL polos I have is a Banana Republic one and Brooks Brothers.
not too many high school kids wear Brooks Brothers though.

High fashion rant:

indifferent.gif
That leather better be from an endangered species of cow and add five inches to my vertical because there's nothing that differentiates this:

Also, please don't be fooled by Theory. I was checking out their section when I noticed something that looked familiar. They were selling a pretty nice red plaid shirt for $275. Okay, cool, I get that it's a high fashion brand and that's sometimes the going price for shirts. What I don't understand is why the plaid fabric they used on that shirt was the EXACT same as the Gap shirt I was wearing on that day. Other than the buttons being different, the shirts were identical (I spent a few minutes checking the details... EXACT same shirt.) I bought my shirt on sale for $24.
smh.gif
i love common projects.. minimalism at its finest. especially the patent leather joints but i agree the price tag can be a little bit much forsuch a basic product.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

What are some decently priced Polos that arent RL? I'm a senior in high school trying to step it up a little bit, not to the point of sportshirt and all that jazz, but a nice shirt + dark denim and some sneakers kinda thing. What are some outfits that wouldn't look too outlandish anyone could recommend?

Fred Perry.

High fashion rant:

indifferent.gif

smh.gif
After this rant, you do not want to know what those sneakers are.
laugh.gif

In CP's defense, their quality is top notch and you cannot simply judge it by its looks itself. CP is probably better quality than Gucci's andPrada's, they are actually still made in Italy iirc. CP wasn't that famous til about a year or two ago, it is one of those simple shoes with highquality without the big logos or monograms you find in other designer clothes. CP has it's place in the consumers market, may not be practical but youcannot simply say "this shoe looks like htis for a fraction of the price, so I'll get this instead," it's just not the same. It'sdifficult to explain but if you really look around, there is always a cheaper alternative to anything we buy.

As for Theory, quality on it isn't bad, I would even say it might be slightly better quality than Hugo Boss. Most of their shirt has something like lycraso it stretches but it is a designer clothes so an exuberant price is attached to it. As with designer clothes, you can never justify the price to qualityratio because you pay for the name, advertising, spokesperson, marketing, etc... that cost millions while other brands spend a fraction of that. Also, withdesigner clothes, you mostly pay for the slight upgrade in quality, details and the overall fit (and name of course). H&M challenges them with the fit butreally, sometiems H&M feels like it will fall apart after 1 wash.

Ok, I've said my part, continue with the regularly scheduled programming.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think those CP shoes look great and quality is always a concern of mine before making a purchase. I'm a huge fan ofminimalism and I hate when brands add completely unnecessary details to differentiate their products (H&M
smh.gif
). I'm singling out CP only because Ican't justify the price in my mind. The leather on it is really nice but at the end of the day, it's still a leather shoe with a vulcanized rubbersole. Visvim shoes are similarly priced and just as high in quality but I've never thought they were overpriced because they offer a product that isdistinctively visvim.

Back
Top Bottom