Dressing better

Express is having a big sale on suits and shirts, i copped a suit( pants, jacket, shirt, tie, belt) for $320 with 40% off the the suit and $10 off the belt.

I got brown suede and charcoal suede Sperry Chukkas for under 100shipped on ebay ( I posted pics a couple pages back). I would much rather have these then theUrban Outfitter joints.

Yo

I got a feeling that the light-grey suit will be the go to look for me this summer.. In a summer fabric of course linen, light cotton..

i need a nice beige/ light brown/ tan jacket (something in that color shade) for the spring....any recommendations? I've been out to the mall, but ihaven't really seen anything that has caught my eye

H&M is like the king of jackets, they always have some nice jackets. Either that or check out macy's INC department.

DB
15xqvtl.jpg

Originally Posted by villansfinest

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

anyone have advice for fat people. honestly besides losing weight? i just wanna dress a nice casual help me out
They don't make cool clothes for fat people.
Originally Posted by c0neV3rgE

Aside from hiding your fat in a suite, there really isn't anything i can think of. Losing weight is your best bet

hey guys, i know this thread isn't about "posting better" but that's really sad that you lack the ability to politely offer advice to somebody who is asking for it. there has been a lot of encouragement and advice in this thread, and attitudes like that won't help anybody dress better.

for folks that feel "fat" my best advice is to find clothes that you feel "comfortable" in. i'll reccommend a lot of big&tall outlet stores because they offer clothes of so many different fits and sizes and you can spend a lot of time trying on many different sizes. they have plenty of stock. if you feel good about what you're wearing, you'll look better.
Great post. Check this out:

00012f.jpg

00015f.jpg

Don'ts:
• Don't wear a roomy suit. It doesn't make you look slimmer-it makes you look sloppy.
• Don't go untucked.

The 5 Tips Every Large Man Should Know

1) Wear a pocket square. It brings the focus to your chest, not your gut.

2) Keep your jacket buttoned unless you're sitting down.

3) Wear a simple, elegant shirt. Avoid plaids and checks.

4) You can wear flat-front pants. They are engineered to be comfortable, even without pleats.

5) Avoid superskinny ties and lapels. Proportion with your torso is key.

Those windbreakers are unbelievable in price. Coincidentally enough I was looking for some windbreakers and I found a few this weekend for cheap. A blue and anavy blue one for $20 each. I am still looking for a black one but I saw a nautica one for $40 and the same style but in dark green.

Damn you instant for exposing those APC x Nike collab sneakers to NT...

Let the hype begin...

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Express is having a big sale on suits and shirts, i copped a suit( pants, jacket, shirt, tie, belt) for $320 with 40% off the the suit and $10 off the belt.
Express & Kenneth Cole are overpriced clothes with boring designs. H&M slaughters them in bang for buck.

Nomad has those APC x Nike's here they been moving steadily.

Got my Jack Purcells in the cut ready for Summer.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Damn you instant for exposing those APC x Nike collab sneakers to NT...

Let the hype begin...
Sorry sir, this is the General forum, not Iss.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i need a nice beige/ light brown/ tan jacket (something in that color shade) for the spring....any recommendations? I've been out to the mall, but i haven't really seen anything that has caught my eye

I just got this Rag & Bone jacket in beige, maybe a little bit lighter. Jacket is great though and fits well. It is also very light, perfect for coldspring nights and overall California weather.
nyw6qg.jpg

On another note, got two knitted ties from J. Crew. $25 each.
nr0rrl.jpg

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Express & Kenneth Cole are overpriced clothes with boring designs. H&M slaughters them in bang for buck.
Except the quality on H&M stuff is garbage. I've owned several hoodies and t's from them and after several washes, they werehorrible. And you want to talk about overpriced?
laugh.gif
That's about 99.99% of the stuff posted in this thread.

Them apc nike things look like some sneaks my dad had in the 80's. They are cool for summer but 140 cool I don't know about that. It must be the name.

Originally Posted by wj4

Except the quality on H&M stuff is garbage. I've owned several hoodies and t's from them and after several washes, they were horrible. And you want to talk about overpriced?
laugh.gif
no kidding. express isnt great quality but h&m is just terrible. i buy stuff from there once in a while because its cheap but the quality istrash.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by wj4

Except the quality on H&M stuff is garbage. I've owned several hoodies and t's from them and after several washes, they were horrible. And you want to talk about overpriced?
laugh.gif
no kidding. express isnt great quality but h&m is just terrible. i buy stuff from there once in a while because its cheap but the quality is trash.
It may be a Jersey-thing for Express, it's in that Armani Exchange crowd. H&M quality is definitely low, my dirty self seldom washes it& has low disposable income.
laugh.gif
My wardrobe is full of clothes 2x thesize it should be so I budget myself to the cheapest to replenish it, budget to $30 on button downs, $20 on polos, $25 on slacks. Especially during these timesyou can dress better on a massive budget, dont be a slave to labels, whatever is on sale & works, buy it.

H&M polo was $12, linen pants $29, geox shoes were $90 insanely comfortable & no sweaty feet(research the company)
fashion0018.jpg

H&M polo was $10, slacks $25
fashion0015.jpg

BR shirt, orig. $68, sale for $17
fashion0008p.jpg

I bought the next 4 shirts at a sample sale at the Kenneth Cole outlet in secaucus, nj in December ($5 each)
fashion0003.jpg

fashion0001.jpg

shirt from Zara, I think it was $25 on sale
img2433.jpg

need to find a better brown belt
img65580068.jpg

white linen pants
tomswedding6.jpg

Nacho-good finds. I like Kenneth Cole as a whole because almost everything they make fits nicely on me. I love Banana Republic for their tops and often findgood deals like that of what you posted. I don't like their pants because they fit too baggy for my liking. I've said this before and will say again,never pay retail for this type of style because it's timeless. A button down, blazer, or a pea coat will never go out of style, so you can land greatdeals on them during off season.

I'm definitely not a slave to a label, I buy things that fit my body nicely that has good quality to it and is priced nicely. (Primary why BR is myfavorite store).

This is a cool fit, but you need to get the pants hemmed, bro. The inseam is a bit too long for ya. Honestly I don't think I can mess with H&M again. I'd rather spend $50 for a nice pair of slacks that's on sale and use it for a long time than paying $25 at H&M for a pair of slacks that will nothold its shape after several washes.
img65580068.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Nacho-good finds. I like Kenneth Cole as a whole because almost everything they make fits nicely on me. I love Banana Republic for their tops and often find good deals like that of what you posted. I don't like their pants because they fit too baggy for my liking. I've said this before and will say again, never pay retail for this type of style because it's timeless. A button down, blazer, or a pea coat will never go out of style, so you can land great deals on them during off season.

I'm definitely not a slave to a label, I buy things that fit my body nicely that has good quality to it and is priced nicely. (Primary why BR is my favorite store).

This is a cool fit, but you need to get the pants hemmed, bro. The inseam is a bit too long for ya. Honestly I don't think I can mess with H&M again. I'd rather spend $50 for a nice pair of slacks that's on sale and use it for a long time than paying $25 at H&M for a pair of slacks that will not hold its shape after several washes.
img65580068.jpg
I see what you're saying there, BR is fire especially during their sales.

Back
Top Bottom