Dressing better

^I noticed the jeans too, but I'm giving the benefit of doubt that his thighs are big, being an athlete, so he needs more room around the area. I'mkinda the same way..big thighs so the closest thing to fitted jeans for me is slim straight leg. No skinny jeans for me, lol. I like the colors though, theystand out, but not loud.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

carmello.jpg

I see what he was trying to do, but this is horrible. The jacket looks like a suit jacket instead of a blazer, the colors of his shirt, vest and jacket are all corny as hell, and his jeans look huge.
sick.gif
He must also subscribe to the Michael Jordan school of dress.
laugh.gif
Shots fired at the Greatest of all time

Jordan's not a very good dresser. He's like Pat Riley, stuck in the past and way too stubborn to let anyone else tell him otherwise.

BTW Jordan decides what he wants to wear in any commercial he appears in, Ball Park, Gatorade, and Hanes? psssh keep Kevin Bacon or Cuba around cause Mike isnot going to be told what to wear by anyone.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Jordan's not a very good dresser. He's like Pat Riley, stuck in the past and way too stubborn to let anyone else tell him otherwise.

BTW Jordan decides what he wants to wear in any commercial he appears in, Ball Park, Gatorade, and Hanes? psssh keep Kevin Bacon or Cuba around cause Mike is not going to be told what to wear by anyone.
I remember back in the early 2000s when Jordan Brand came out with jeans. Man those joints were super baggy, like cover your whole shoes.

jordan.jpg

Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time and the worst dresser of all time. I don't understand how he can be so good at one thing and sohorrible at another. It's like he just randomly reaches into Shaq's closet and takes different items and wears them together.

jordan.jpg

Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time and the worst dresser of all time. I don't understand how he can be so good at one thing and so horrible at another. It's like he just randomly reaches into Shaq's closet and takes different items and wears them together.
Yo I'm tired of these mother^#%&# at my job trying to play me, just because I'm younger. I said Kobe dresses better than MJ and theytried to front on your boy. Thanks for putting up this picture. MJ can't dress for *$%%

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

jordan.jpg

Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time and the worst dresser of all time. I don't understand how he can be so good at one thing and so horrible at another. It's like he just randomly reaches into Shaq's closet and takes different items and wears them together.
Yo I'm tired of these mother^#%&# at my job trying to play me, just because I'm younger. I said Kobe dresses better than MJ and they tried to front on your boy. Thanks for putting up this picture. MJ can't dress for *$%%
i thought that MJ used to wear nice suits when he was a Bull, but now... I dunno, maybe it was just me being a homer.

It would have looked better if he tucked the shirt in
Lol dudes sounding (not just you just didn't read the whole thread) like they running a fashion school or something. Mayo's fit lookscool just like that.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I should also mention.

GAP and old navy are your friends as previously mentioned. you can get quality, simple gear to start off with.

black socks too. always

black or brown leather shoes....button ups, wool sweaters, polo. jeans that dont have tears in them

i agree with all the dudes in here saying chill on the Polo.

when i am dressing up for a function, i NEVER wear Polo.

why?

because i hate when dudes think that to look formal, all they have to do is throw on something Polo. i feel like having that horse on your shirt just takes away from your overall ensemble and the way you put your outfit together. i was at a banquet the other day, and a guy there was wearing a Polo sweater, dress pants with the Polo logo, and Polo socks (visible when he sat down). IMO, that tells me he doesn't really have that much personal style. maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. but wearing Polo from head to toe all the time and thinking you're fresh just because you paid money implies to me that you don't really have an innate sense of style OF YOUR OWN. that's why that Lucky Luchinano dude is so lame to me.

formal dressing is about the style, not the brand. honestly, most of my formal wear (with the exception of suits) is from Kohls and Marshall's clearance. all my Polo is saved for casual wear.

I'm sorry this rant sounds like the stuff of haters. As long as it looks cool it shouldn't matter if its all Polo, Gap, Jcrew, etc. Dudesalways trying to make themselves look better by saying negatives about the next person and I just don't get it. If your mix and match style is working foryou and boys 1 brand style is working for him might as well just let it be.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

jordan.jpg

Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time and the worst dresser of all time. I don't understand how he can be so good at one thing and so
horrible at another. It's like he just randomly reaches into Shaq's closet and takes different items and wears them together.
Yo I'm tired of these mother^#%&# at my job trying to play me, just because I'm younger. I said Kobe dresses better than MJ and they tried to front on your boy. Thanks for putting up this picture. MJ can't dress for !@%@

lol my friend made clothes for Kobe for a while but refused to make anymore. Kobe dresses like a typical NBA player, wants everything big, sleeves to hisknuckles etc. You'd think growing up in Italy he would know better but he's just as ignorant as your average.

i've sorta tried to "dress" better as well in the past year, i just got rid of all my baggy jeans and jordan shirts I used to wear and now I messwith plain tees, hoodies, and relaxed fit jeans. also got a few polos, but i think for the most part i just started buying clothes that actually fit me.

Originally Posted by Truballa72189

Hey so I decided I want to start dressing better since I am now a sophomore business major in college and usually go to class wearing sweats and a hoody. I feel like as a respectable business man I'll have to dress the part, so although I do not want to start wearing suits to class or anything, I do want to start "dressing up" a little more. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. My wardrobe now consists primarily of plain t-shirts, hoodies, a ton of Jordan stuff (sweatpants, hoodies, 60 pairs of shoes) and I want to gradually start wearing nicer clothes. At first I bought a few Burberry polo shirts, because I want to dress nice, but not just fit in with everybody else. I also subscribed to GQ to try to get some fashion tips. I was just wondering what the next step should be....button up shirts? nice pants/jeans? My roommate said to start with one outfit and work from there, but I just wanted to see if anybody else had any opinions on what to buy, and any reccomendations about this subject at all. Basically, I just want to dress nicer and stand out...where do I start? Thanks in advance!
me 2 bro. i'm in professional school and sometimes i still wear my hoodies, fitteds...

but i'm trying to dress more professional too: just wear more polos, long-sleeve.... it's pretty easy.

but i mean, when you're in school and it gets very busy and you study for tests, when you wake up in the morning, all you want is to put on a hoodie andsome jeans/basketball shorts lol.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by obie21

chris boshs fit is not bad at all
It's actually pretty nice. It'd be a lot nicer if he didn't sag though.
It wouldn't look proportionate if he didn't sag the pants a little...long %@$legs and the shirt would look like it swallowed the pants....imagine it for a second....and Bosh is in T.O......we know how to dress out here

BTW...I shop exclusively at the GAP/Tristan America/Mexx only on sale items and I make that ++!%work....it ain't about the brands, it's how u care for them and how you put them together

i think wearing the right size is most important part if you are a broke college student that wants to look decent

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by obie21

chris boshs fit is not bad at all
It's actually pretty nice. It'd be a lot nicer if he didn't sag though.

letting the shirt cover your backpockets is WACK!

of course you have to sag just a little
pimp.gif

I also try to dress nicer lately, still I wouldnt wear some of the stuff some of you posted here. Its just not my style maybe.

I really like CB4 and OJ outfits though. For me its the small details, like not tucking your shirt or sagging a little, that make the outfit look just right. Ialways do that with my outfits, so I can feel more comfotable and be a little different than the next man with my style.

Back
Top Bottom