Dressing better

Scott Frost wrote:
Not sure this qualifies as dressing better, but I need new wife beaters for my upcoming vacation. Any recommendations?

a wifebeater is a wifebeater bro....just get a hanes pack....

Ehhhhhhhhhh, some wifebeaters just dont fit right. Figured I'd take a shot. You guys proved to be quite helpful.

*bookmarks thread*

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Ehhhhhhhhhh, some wifebeaters just dont fit right. Figured I'd take a shot. You guys proved to be quite helpful.

*bookmarks thread*

as long as you dont walk out with some 50cent joints you should be okay, my recommendation is Hanes though...

I just got a sportcoat online that turns out to fit me really badly (I didn't pay attention to the measurements). The shoulders are a little too wide, the sleeves are too loose, the armholes are too low, the sleeves are a little too short, and the whole body is just tent-like. I like my clothes fitted, so naturally, I was a little disappointed and won't make the same mistake of not paying attention to measurements. 
laugh.gif
 How much can tailors fix? Is this too much for a tailor to fix or would it burn a hole through my wallet? Also, can someone recommend a good tailor in Orange County?

So since I lost my job I'm trying to get a PT job at United Colors of Benetton. Though I've never set foot in the store before
laugh.gif
I was in there for a couple hours for my interview and they seemed to have some pretty nice stuff, nothing out of the ordinary for what's in right now but they were at decent prices and seemed to be pretty good quality. Anybody have any experience with them?

Originally Posted by kcirtap7

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

I have an interview with Macy's coming up soon and I don't have any dress up shoes. For the time being, what would you guys suggest?
go to your nearest burlington coat factory...they have hidden gems in there!!
pimp.gif
Thanks, I may make a run to check it out before. Anybody think some sort of low profile sneakers would do? Like low black creative recreations or navy jack purcells?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Can anyone recommend me nice shorts for the summer? Something < $50 would be nice.

Also any deals going on right now?

jcrew has an awesome collection of summer shorts.
pimp.gif
I ordered a couple shorts from them yesterday. I hope quality is good. Either way, they should come in handy for my trip to GA.

^^^jcrew got a sale going on in-store for shorts for $39.95. regular price was $59.95...bought me 2 pairs and used my student discount FTW.

What's this student discount?!

looking for some khakis/chinos...i want to be able to tuck in a shirt (oxford or polo)  with out looking puffy.

any suggestions?

What you guys think of this for graduation ceremony.

Boat shoes with some black jeans, a white shirt, a black skinny tie, and a navy blue or black cardigan.

It's for a high school graduation and it's a last minute outfit. Don't have no slacks or dress shoes :/

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by TheAbove

As a short guy at 5'6...

Would you say a good rule of thumb for hemming pants would be no break? I just fear that the back would be hemmed up too high almost looking like parade marching pants.

Should I ask for an altered hem? High in the front and low towards the back?
have the tailor pin it with no break and see how it looks.  then see how it looks with a slight break.  try sitting down with both types of hem and judge for yourself on how comfortable you are or walk a few steps to see how the pants move.  i wouldn't get an slanted hem, it doesn't look right.  it's true that having no break will give a slight illusion of being taller (cuffs are usually reserved for a taller stature).  but as the above poster mentioned, the width of the leg also plays a factor.  slim and no break for a shorter man is a good way to go.
I really took into account the width of the legs. I got them done in December and this was two days ago at my university graduation ceremony. My body weight/mass fluctuates as I diet and work-out from time to time so sometimes my fits look relatively baggy. I'm really picky with fits and its hard to find clothes that match my physique well. I figured if I get reallly slim pants, I might look odd.

cream vest - club monaco
tie - ben sherman
pants - tristan
shoes - aldo

what I guess I should fit my suits like according to gq and this guy at 5'8
00006f.jpg

I don't think a sweater vest suits your proportions. Pants are definitely too baggy at the bottom. I personally don't think the amount of break you have in them is bad at all but the fact that they're swallowing up most of your shoe doesn't help. Also, I don't think as a short dude you want a squared off toe like that. Something a little more elongated like Apollo Ohno's would work better. Dude's thighs are massive (no momo) but his pants still don't have that overall fullness/relaxed fit to them that yours do.

Your boy on the other hand...kid is a mess. First, throw out those shoes for him. Second, point him away from Men's Warehouse and in the direction of this thread or something. Damn.

Originally Posted by ddot7

I don't think a sweater vest suits your proportions. Pants are definitely too baggy at the bottom. I personally don't think the amount of break you have in them is bad at all but the fact that they're swallowing up most of your shoe doesn't help. Also, I don't think as a short dude you want a squared off toe like that. Something a little more elongated like Apollo Ohno's would work better. Dude's thighs are massive (no momo) but his pants still don't have that overall fullness/relaxed fit to them that yours do.

Your boy on the other hand...kid is a mess. First, throw out those shoes for him. Second, point him away from Men's Warehouse and in the direction of this thread or something. Damn.
Well said man, anything for constructive criticism.

Originally Posted by starscream211

got some casual bow-ties, cant wait to use the black one, its has a tattered look to it...

i like all three.... where did you get them from?

Hey NT, I've been having trouble finding Sperry Chukkas or any shoe similar. Only thing I see available online are the olive and brown/plaids.
I am a size 8 (a 7.5 depending on the fit of these). These are the colorways I am looking for, but it seems like they are impossible to find. If any of you guys can help me that would great! If anyone know of a decent selection of Chukkas in NYC let me know.

0523720large.jpg

ndrdiw.jpg

996018-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

4226013327_e1248a7b8c.jpg

sperry-top-sider-fall-winter-2009-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom