Dressing better

If you are in NYC, Uniqlo has their socks 4/$10 & they are very nice.

Skunk, very nice MJ pic on the wall. I'm thinking of doing a rasterbation.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

Originally Posted by rhester

....I copped this from H&M Saturday, it feels like a hoodie. $40
what color is that? can't really tell. and what's on the back?
nerd.gif

any urban outfitters codes? levi's?
nerd.gif
saw that too, didnt have any of my size.
It's gray & blue, there's nothing on the back, it's nice but the only other colorway they had was a Laker colorway (no shots)

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

img1676r.jpg
Neck to waist A+, waist to toes F-. Get some slim fit chinos and call it a day. Jeans with black blazer is way too "I don't know how to dress but I think this looks good."

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Busy Tuesday ...
Lunch time ... a few minutes to kick my feet up ...

Those are awesome. Need myself some brown monk straps! Who makes these Nii?

Astton - a local Argentine shoe maker. Pretty good deal. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

NiiDawg, is it safe to say you're pulling down 6 figures?

I just wonder how much scrilla i'll have to set aside for some of these quality purchases...(future med student here)

You have to build it over time. Buy good things you can sell and break even or not lose too much on.

And always hunt for deals. I only pay retail for very rare items.

guys, im making the decision to cop some RW classic boots (6 or 8 in?),

but as nii just said, retail is a no-no, any place to cop cheap onloine or in nyc/nj?

mainly looking for brown, tan, or olive pair??? ive seen the david z. exclusives but im not trying to drop too much

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

NiiDawg, is it safe to say you're pulling down 6 figures?

I just wonder how much scrilla i'll have to set aside for some of these quality purchases...(future med student here)

Why you all in that mans bank account doggie? Some $*!$ should just go without saying. No kind of tact
smh.gif

Dude is that annoying person at work who wants to know everything!

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

img1676r.jpg
Neck to waist A+, waist to toes F-. Get some slim fit chinos and call it a day. Jeans with black blazer is way too "I don't know how to dress but I think this looks good."

Definitely not a very good look from the waist down..

The jeans being stacked w/ dress shoes..
sick.gif
also the jeans looks sloppy and bunched in the thigh area, like they probably "swish" like windbreaker pants when you walk..
The blazer- too formal..

Question about fitting of the blazers,

quick question, is an inch extra on the shoulders that big of a difference when it comes to fitting? Two of my favorite blazers measure 16.5 on the back shoulder to shoulder..and its a bit too tight.

i'm looking at a tweed blazer at the moment that measurea 17.5..and i was wondering if the fit would be too off. I'm planning to layer underneath it..but don't want it to look awkward.

2mr74og.jpg
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
I love H&M and saw this and tried it on immediately. I thought the fitting on it was terribly off but I guess you can't expect much more for the $40 price tag.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Question about fitting of the blazers,

quick question, is an inch extra on the shoulders that big of a difference when it comes to fitting? Two of my favorite blazers measure 16.5 on the back shoulder to shoulder..and its a bit too tight.

i'm looking at a tweed blazer at the moment that measurea 17.5..and i was wondering if the fit would be too off. I'm planning to layer underneath it..but don't want it to look awkward.

It really depends on the cut of the shoulders. If it is cut soft (natural shoulder) then that inch would actually help you when you layer, and wont be too much of an issue. On the other hand, if it is a strong shoulder (structured/heavily padded) you will end up looking like an action hero.

If you are buying it online, make sure they have a return policy - or its cheap enough that you can deal with it not fitting well.

good luck ..  

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

Originally Posted by Andrew630

If you guys are trying to step your socks game up. Try www.happysocks.com

50% off when you buy 10 pairs of socks and free shipping. i got 10 pairs for $50 shipped
or you can get them here @ gilt
6 pairs for $48 at gilt group vs. 10 pairs for $50 on the official website. you do the math

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

2mr74og.jpg
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
I love H&M and saw this and tried it on immediately. I thought the fitting on it was terribly off but I guess you can't expect much more for the $40 price tag.
Might have to swing by H&M tomorrow and check that jacket out. If they have it.

Nii, Naacho or anyone else that has more businessy attire:

Where can i find a resonable dress shirt without pleats? I have all my shirts taken in or darted since I am slim and the pleats are kind of an oxy moron. Either the box pleats bunches up after the shirt is taken in or the side pleats stick out.

Thanks in advance.

c9d16e47db07e04be8efe2b0186deaf3ec0acde0.pjpg

What color pants/shirt would one recommend for this masterpiece of a jacket?  Putting together and ensemble for an upcoming wedding. 

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

anyone? where to purchase red wing classic boots at a discounted price?
I was looking for a pair of red wings last year and couldn't find any for cheaper than retail.
if you wait, maybe j. crew will have some discounts and you can get a pair there.

zappos sometimes also reduces their price.

i read some of the reviews and the soles don't sound that durable and wear down fast.  that's ridiculous for such a heavy-duty workwear shoe.

Got 4 more BB Extra Slim Fit shirts. Love the gingham. Colors from left to right; pink oxford, blue/white stripes, purple and red gingham.
Also stocked up on v-neck undershirts, neck line is deeper than usual, I like it. Also got a new brown Montblanc belt.
2dkzwug.jpg

Back
Top Bottom