Dressing better

I thought you meant oxfords

103460036.jpg

Originally Posted by chino905

Hey guys, Whats the best places/ Stores/ Name brand for Slim Fit clothes for work?? I need to go shopping for new working clothes this weekend. Thanks in advance!

H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, Topman, Club Monaco, J.Crew

Edit: a few members in this thread recommended the Brooks Brothers extra slim fit as well.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Can someone point me in the right direction of this list Niidawg is talking about? I've searched for a while and this thread is 900+ pages. Every phrase I use is getting a ton of hits.
the man above you just posted it

finally got desert boots. Sand Colorway.
i wanna wear them with jeasn but i need a shirt.. not a long sleeve but a tshirt any pointer/tips??

D.Wade can't dress either...I forgot who said it, but it was put perfectly when they said, "he just matches colors."

IMO, the best dressed dudes in the NBA are Chris Paul and Steve Nash.

I saw a dude wearing wingtips with jeans today and they look great. It wasn't a pair of wingtips you would wear with a suit, but they had this black faded leather look. Anyone with suggestions with some nice casual black wingtips?
Bed_Stu-Almanza-Suede-Wingtip-01.jpg

Maybe something similar to this.

What I wore to work today.  My first attempt at "dressing better".  My self-critique: shirt's probably not skinny enough, same with the jeans, but that's okay to me because these are old items from before I tuned into the "dressing better" thread.  A jacket of some sort probably would have helped a lot.  The shoes and belt are new from the rack.  Overall, I give myself a B in the effort department.

dsc088322copy.jpg

Whats good with sweater vests?

I have a few that I wear when I play golf in the fall an I was thinking about mixing them in with my wardrobe.

Should I treat them like any standard vest? Or do certain rules apply...

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

What I wore to work today.  My first attempt at "dressing better".  My self-critique: shirt's probably not skinny enough, same with the jeans, but that's okay to me because these are old items from before I tuned into the "dressing better" thread.  A jacket of some sort probably would have helped a lot.  The shoes and belt are new from the rack.  Overall, I give myself a B in the effort department.

dsc088322copy.jpg

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

dsc088322copy.jpg
everyone has to start somewhere, but yea the shirt needs a closer fit.  The stacking of the jeans around your shoes is off as well..Keep it up though, just remember when you shop the next time that the fit is the most important thing when adding to your wardrobe. And also to buy things that build a foundation for you to build off of... Neutral colors, navy, etc...Good first effort though, you are heading in the right direction just by taking time to research how to do it...Frequent this thread as well as fashion blogs and magazines, and you will get an eye for what you like and what will look well on you..

Originally Posted by kedabowl

Whats good with sweater vests?

I have a few that I wear when I play golf in the fall an I was thinking about mixing them in with my wardrobe.

Should I treat them like any standard vest? Or do certain rules apply...
I usually will wear a long sleeve patterned oxford underneath with tie pulled slightly out.  For a more casual look, a plain oxford
with sleeves rolled. 

im interested in gettin a denim shirt, ive been feeling the way some fits are put together with it...

can anyone point me in the direction of one please?

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

im interested in gettin a denim shirt, ive been feeling the way some fits are put together with it...

can anyone point me in the direction of one please?

Jcrew, Gap, Urban Outfitters all have nice ones.
Mine from H&M is pretty nice although I wish it were a tad darker.

dsc088322copy.jpg
B??? for real???

Originally Posted by mindless2778

Originally Posted by TheHype

No hate towards you at all but I HATE those polo sneakers
laugh.gif

You're post just reminded me, lol

laugh.gif
 To be honest with you, I only ever liked the all blue pair but couldn't find it. I saw this pair at the local Journey's for $50 and then saw it a Marshall's for that price. They didn't really get my attention until I tried them on. They have blue on the other side, I just didn't post that pic.
I absolutely hate the high-tops, though, especially the all leather ones. 
laugh.gif
 I don't know why, I could just never convince myself to buy a pair.

$30? Can't pass it up. 
pimp.gif
There's alot of things you can get with $30 than buying some wack polo sneaks that you don't like, IMO.

I have like 3 denim shirts but I have to wear em with my Camo shorts or regular cargos because I can't find any "STraight Leg" or somewhat fitted Khakis in my size :Lol

I can wear 36x34 but I'd prefer a 38 waist. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by scoopz

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 To be honest with you, I only ever liked the all blue pair but couldn't find it. I saw this pair at the local Journey's for $50 and then saw it a Marshall's for that price. They didn't really get my attention until I tried them on. They have blue on the other side, I just didn't post that pic.
laugh.gif

$30? Can't pass it up. 
pimp.gif
There's alot of things you can get with $30 than buying some wack polo sneaks that you don't like, IMO.
Very true, only that I didn't clarify that when I tried them on I knew i was going to buy them cause I love the way look and feel.

Originally Posted by scoopz

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

$30? Can't pass it up. 
pimp.gif
Very true, only that I didn't clarify that when I tried them on I knew i was going to buy them cause I love the way look and feel.

It doesn't look like you can stack that Gap "groupon". 
ohwell.gif

Looking to take advantage of that F&F, too bad they don't have an online coupon.

Back
Top Bottom