Dressing better

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by RedMan

I'm looking into buying myself for a lack of better term "grown man" watch but I do not know what to look for. My budget is 3K >. I was looking at Brightling and Rolex but I really don't know what to get. May anyone point me in the right direction of a good solid "grown man" watch.

It will depend on what style you want/prefer. Your question is too broad and budget is big enough that I can easily give you a list of 50 watches or more in that price range. First, narrow it down what you need it for. Work/business, casual, travel, formal, etc... Then the style, pilot, diver, racing, dressy, etc... And then whether you want leather bands, rubber bands or bracelets. Then figure out your size, I say the safe bet is to go with a mdeium sized watch, 38mm-41mm but some prefer huge watches while others prefer smaller watches. 
If you are looking at both Breitling and Rolex, with Rolex, it owuld be dificult to get a brand new one for $3k or less. Discoutns on Rolexes are difficult to get, you'd be lucky to get offered 10% off the get go and even then that is only covering tax. You'd have to go the used route and even then it'll be difficult to find a good selection for the price range. Check out and search Explorer II at Timezone.com's Buy/Sell forum, those tend to go for around that price and is a very solid piece. Breitlings are a bit more out there, they tend to be blingy and very noticeable on the wrist. A few can be had for that price range brand new and after a discount.Breitling tends to look pretty similar in style, aviator. It can be dressed up and down but I particularly find it more casual than anything. 

Thanks for the help, I would say the watch for be for casual everyday use. I guess my biggest concern is I don't want to buy a watch like Jojo (even though I would never buy a Jojo watch) and have my watch lose its value.

If you want a watch that retains value well, you really can't gow rong with Rolexes, they retain the best value out of all the watches out there. After that is probably Panerais and then Patek. But that is also why it is difficult to get a good discount on a brand new one, because the price doesn't go down as quick as others. Again, go used for a Rolex like others have said. Keep in mind to check the serial number, even though a used Submariner is selling for $2,500, that watch might just be 10 years old. That is how well Rolex holds it's value, an 8-10 year old Sub or Explorer I could sell for $3k+ easily. 
For casual wear, there really is nothing like the Submariner or Explorer. Those has stood the test of time, in both design/style and durability. 

If you want to go for a brand new watch, get yourself an Omega Planet Ocean. Beautiful watch, retail is around $4k but with enough haggling, $3k is possible. 

movadobaby_2118_255189922

An Omega Seamaster in black or bon blue is also a great choice, $500 cheaper than the Planet Ocean as well.

movadobaby_2120_20556148
movadobaby_2118_73493872

Now Omega will not keep it's value like the Rolex does the price won't plummet like it does on other watches like Tag Heuer.

indeed, great looking shoe. ive heard the desert boots run big. is there any truth to this? looking to get a pair soon

^ It's just saying that tag waist size isnt usually the actual size
the person who did it wears a 36, went around and with a clothing tape measure measured the pants
he was wondering why he went in one store pants were tight, then the next store same size were extra loose

Originally Posted by rhester

the person who did it wears a 36, went around and with a clothing tape measure measured the pants
he was wondering why he went in one store pants were tight, then the next store same size were extra loose

ah i c, thanks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rhester

ah i c, thanks
laugh.gif

i don't wear any pants from those brands.  surprised he didn't measure a pair of levi's.
companies would be better off having accurate tag sizes.  it's annoying for customers.  

Originally Posted by CjGenius368

is the 40% off online too or only in stores? I'm looking to buy some shoes...

in store. There is no barcode or anything to scan. Just some cards they got out during their 30% weekend a few weeks ago

I got a wedding next weekend and dont feel like wearing a suit. Going to be on the water here in MA so it may be a little cool. Would like some thoughts, recommendations, etc.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I got a wedding next weekend and dont feel like wearing a suit. Going to be on the water here in MA so it may be a little cool. Would like some thoughts, recommendations, etc.

you could do a navy or sky blue linen blazer, white linen pants (that is if you don't believe in the whole post labor day white rule - i don't), a gingham shirt and some loafers/velvet slippers or captoes/derby's if you want to be a little more dressed up. If you dont wanna do white linen pants, you could go with oatmeal/wheat/light brown colored pants. 
Not the best example i could find, but something like Lapo has here ... patterned shirt to bring more interest ... shirt collar under blazer. 
biglapo-elkann-bianca-brandolini-amore.jpg

Back
Top Bottom