Dressing better

Button down collars are a must have if you want to layer under a sweater. Collar stays just don't do the job. Anyone ever have a tailor add buttons to make a collar button down with decent results?

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

Anyone ever have a tailor add buttons to make a collar button down with decent results?

Im curious as well. Ive been thinking about this for a shirt i have, that i love...but the collar doesnt lay as well as id like.

not sure if i'm gonna keep this blazer...

not sure if it's too tight...i think it looks fine but i don't know if i can tolerate it when my sleeves and collar bunch up when putting it on...also, when i do the back check (bend both arms at elbow 90 degrees, hold them straight in front of you and turn them in it's a bit tight on the back)

it's a 38...don't have the ability to try on a 40 to compare

what do y'all think?

28cnbmc.jpg

30mpq2e.jpg

back story on the stuffed frog on the ground is that my cat, Milo, makes sweet love to it several times a day

vdmlpu.jpg

Generaiya just bought a pair of black leather engineer boots from Red Wing on Gilt for $168 
pimp.gif

Generaiya is ready for the rain and snow this winter.

med.jpg

Can anyone recommend me some crepe-soled brogues or bucks? I have a regular pair and I really don't like how loud they knock when I walk. Or... Is it possible to get mines resoled as crepes?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Code is snwccz6dt. code is good till the 19th but can only be used once with a j. Crew card purchase (meaning make it count)

hmmm, as in i have to use a jcrew credit card to make the purchase?
Yea u do gotta use your J. Crew card. Which I'm glad I paid off over Black Friday Weekend (I hate feeling like I owe money). Looks like I will be putting another 145 in their pockets now tho
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Tony is that a gap sweater? I think that's the one i'm about to get. Codes? Coupons? Hook a brova up.
Yeah it is from Gap.

The code I used was only valid for a couple days...

If i remember correctly, there was a person here who had some kind of gap hookup?

is he still around? your services are needed sir!

Anyone have any ideas for corporate Christmas party attire? the dress code is "business"... I don't wanna do a full blown suit because I figure that'd be too dressed up.

Looking for some shoes I can wear with my peacoat to school because I realize sneakers are a no-go 
sick.gif
. Boots perhaps? I'm looking the cheapest route possible, simplicity is fine, I don't need anything gaudy. 

bkmac:

Desert Boots (Chukkas)
Loafers
I even wear a couple of my Air Maxes (Pegasus & '87) with it.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Also what do you guys think about these plus some dark jeans?
Sure. As long as they're not any kind of baggy. I can't imagine that would look good.

Sperry's are really all I wear anymore.

I have straight fit jeans, but I feel they are a big too loose at the bottom.
If I get them altered, what do I say exactly? Any examples of a good fit for jeans while wearing sperry's. I'll probably take that pic and use it as a reference.

Heads up to those in Houston: Next Wednesday, the 15th, Billy Reid in the Galleria will be having a holiday shopping event. Customers who bring in an old coat to donate to the Star of Hope will receive 10% off their entire order. Drinks provided as well.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

bkmac:

Desert Boots (Chukkas)
Loafers
I even wear a couple of my Air Maxes (Pegasus & '87) with it.
I looked up some Chukkas, and I would definitely have to try them on to see how they fit/look on my feet. Thanks for the suggestions.

Right now, I'm wearing my (white) Polo slip-ons' with the peacoat, and it's working for me. If I can find a black pair, I may just go with those.

Edit: Found the black pair.
pPOLO2-8132278_standard_v330.jpg

Then again, winter is basically here, so investing in a pair of boots won't hurt.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Looking for some shoes I can wear with my peacoat to school because I realize sneakers are a no-go 
sick.gif
. Boots perhaps? I'm looking the cheapest route possible, simplicity is fine, I don't need anything gaudy. 

eh, sneakers are fine.  unless you dress up every time you wear your coat.
peacoats still look good when worn with casual clothes.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Just got my first pair of non sneakers in a while

shoes_ia70940.jpg

Call em my grown man shoes
laugh.gif
not sure why it looks like it's got contrast stitching in that pic..
do they match your wheelchair and helmet though?
these look like shoes food service workers would be wearing

also

manager of a chain restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom