Dressing better

Baybully650, any shoe can be worn with jeans, but it's the rest of the outfit that will deem it dressy or casual.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by artysm

anyone had any experience (or heard of) All Saints?  i'm assuming it's similar to H&M/Topman/etc swag?  any experience with quality?

More vintage than H&M and Topman. Its expensive though.
As far as quality goes, the clothes look a lot better in real life. They look like absolute crap on the website. I dont think its worth the price tag, but its better than H&M and Topman quality.

I posted about a coat I bought from there in January

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by Nako XL

desperately needed a new coat so I picked this one up yesterday.  I got g'd a little on the price, but I love the fit and quality

MCJ552-33-1.jpg

Nice pick up. Where's it from?

AllSaints Spitalfields

There are two stores in NYC doing 50% off sales on all their winter wear but here's the website:

http://www.us.allsaints.c...-coat/charcoal/mcj552-33

Their clothes look awesome in person.  and the quality is superior to an H&M.  The price tags on everything are a bit much.  I'm happy with the coat but wish I hadn't paid so much.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by bamez

its called All Saints Spitalfields? There's one here in vegas. Really nice stuff, but way out my budget. Only hear good things about it tho, quality-wise

I turned down a job working for them a bit back.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at me for being picky about ANY job at this moment.

Turned down a job from the Vegas one? The one in NYC, the employees are making that money. Regular sales employees making up to $16 an hour.

Can someone explain the difference between open and closed lacing? I assume closed is dressier?

Also is the only difference between a longwing and a wingtip that the longwing broging is done all the way across the shoe? Which are more formal etc? Still trying to learn the shoe thing.

One of the better articles out there about shoes ... will be helpful for those interested in knowing the different types of shoes and the right names for them:

http://www.mens-fashion-tips.com/mens-dress-shoes-styles.html

i think RFX also posted a pictorial a few 100 pages back

question....planning on heading to the tailor for the first time this weekend to get some jeans tapered and hemmed. How do I tell the tailor what I am looking for? Should I take pictures of me in the jeans before the alterations...and the look that I am going for? Do they size you up before making adjustments? I'm trying to "skinnify" my jeans, if that makes any sense....

Originally Posted by berkeleybears

question....planning on heading to the tailor for the first time this weekend to get some jeans tapered and hemmed. How do I tell the tailor what I am looking for? Should I take pictures of me in the jeans before the alterations...and the look that I am going for? Do they size you up before making adjustments? I'm trying to "skinnify" my jeans, if that makes any sense....

laugh.gif
 @ skinnify.

Just tell them you need your jeans tapered, they should be able to let you try them on and then they'd pin it up to the look you want and go from there.

Just got promoted at my job(UPS)... Need to start dressing business casual, a whole new start to me
laugh.gif

I dont even know where to begin
30t6p3b.gif
With shoes, pants and shirts

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Just got promoted at my job(UPS)... Need to start dressing business casual, a whole new start to me
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I would start by observing what others are wearing at your work and just go with that. 
As tempted I am to suggesta  suit, if your co-workers are wearing and considers chino plus polo as business casual then it'll be pointless to wear a suit, especially if you still have to do some lifting and carryign boxes around. 

"Business casual" is one of those terms that is right in between the line, it varies from job to job and from company to company.

thanks for the replies.  i'll try and make a stop by here at the Santa Monica location and see what's up.  

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by berkeleybears

laugh.gif
 @ skinnify.

Just tell them you need your jeans tapered, they should be able to let you try them on and then they'd pin it up to the look you want and go from there.
Yup!
It would also help to wear a pair of jeans that you like the fit of to the tailor when you go. That way, the tailor can try and match the fit that way as well.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I would start by observing what others are wearing at your work and just go with that. 
As tempted I am to suggesta  suit, if your co-workers are wearing and considers chino plus polo as business casual then it'll be pointless to wear a suit, especially if you still have to do some lifting and carryign boxes around. 

"Business casual" is one of those terms that is right in between the line, it varies from job to job and from company to company.
Definite not suits, the lady already told me also to avoid ties or jackets...
She said polo shirts/button ups with khakis/pants and shoes

I think Im just going to hit up the Polo outlet or something... I just need more help on the shoes, real picky when it comes to that
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Definite not suits, the lady already told me also to avoid ties or jackets...
She said polo shirts/button ups with khakis/pants and shoes

I think Im just going to hit up the Polo outlet or something... I just need more help on the shoes, real picky when it comes to that
30t6p3b.gif

I say be a bit different and wear chinos with button up and just roll the sleeves. 
As for shoes, I picture a UPS job means a lot of walking, even if it is office work. 

So I'd suggest a shoe with rubber sole. Some chocolate bucks with red brick sole might be a good option, check out Nordstroms 1901 line.

Will look into that, from what I been told... Ill be in the office more than 90% of the time doing computer work... But knowing UPS they will find something else for me to do along with my regular job...

Thanks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Congrats man ... and i agree with everything RFX said.

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Saw that Ralph Lauren was coming out with these....thoughts?
i wish these were a little darker...but i still might scoop them up.  Release date?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Congrats man ... and i agree with everything RFX said.

Thanks a lot, its hard out there
30t6p3b.gif

rsdplaya wrote:
JRHodges11 wrote:
Saw that Ralph Lauren was coming out with these....thoughts?

i wish these were a little darker...but i still might scoop them up.  Release date?

I like this style a lot... But wish they had a darker color also

ii FLaSh ii wrote:

Congrats on the promotion, if a tie isnt going to get in the way of your work and you feel comfortable in one I think you should throw one on. My boss tells me all the time to stop wearing ties because he does'nt want it to be become a permanent part of the dress code in the office, but I don't listen. I love rocking ties and bow ties.. rather be overdressed then under.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Nice fitting flannel and oxford that won't hurt my pocket?
nerd.gif

Actually, where do I find an oxford? I looked online, but nothing came up.
Oxford as in oxford cotton button up?

They can be found pretty much anywhere. Don't know where you're at but uniqlo has em for about $20 each.

Back
Top Bottom