Dressing better

any brand recommendations for white contrasting collar dress shirts? french cuff or regular? looking to spend up to $50.

Originally Posted by UNIQUEKICKZ

^ my dude thats fake leather....I'd say nay on that...
so even if there is one with real leather with a hoody like that one is wat im saying?

Very tempted to getting a pair of these
pimp.gif

Made to order/hand made
61f365df692ba4259bba374359918264e57f4b0d_r.jpg

66e36b5f6828a7cf918d363d5057832f42e5cbb3_r.jpg

the materials/build quality completely outdo the style of the shoe. sure the materials will last for years, but they'll be out of style by 2012

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I need to upgrade my jeans into some grown straight leg, without [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]any gaudy stitching or embellishments on the pockets.  I like the Dior's Jeter has on the GQ, what's a good brand for around $125?hit up some AG Jeans...great quality, and fit, not overly priced either. [/font]

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^

Hit it now. J Crew rarely, if ever, does a 30%. Maybe a 25% from time to time. Even this 20% doesn't happen too often.

I believe if you go to a store, and ask for an item, and if they don't have it, they will call it in and ship it to you for free on top of the 20% off.

j crew almost ALWAYS has a 30% off at the end of seasons. in fact, they just had one a couple weeks ago. that said, by the time it comes around most things are gone.

Most things are gone because that 30% off is "almost ALWAYS" on sale items or the outlet. NOT new items on the site.

So if you want new fly %!*+, jump on that 20% because a 30% like that almost NEVER happens.

Or you can wait until items go on sale or hit the outlet. But then you're in a crap shoot for your size etc.

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^

Hit it now. J Crew rarely, if ever, does a 30%. Maybe a 25% from time to time. Even this 20% doesn't happen too often.

I believe if you go to a store, and ask for an item, and if they don't have it, they will call it in and ship it to you for free on top of the 20% off.

j crew almost ALWAYS has a 30% off at the end of seasons. in fact, they just had one a couple weeks ago. that said, by the time it comes around most things are gone.
it's usually only on sale items though

and i think you have to spend $150 to get 20% off...or maybe that's for free shipping

J Crew doesn't have the best deals when it comes to coupon codes so 20% is pretty good for them

This. And yes, you have to spend 150 to get the 20% off.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

the materials/build quality completely outdo the style of the shoe. sure the materials will last for years, but they'll be out of style by 2012

Point taken.. but that could be said about almost anything that is 'in style' right now.. & the brand does make some more general styles.  I just posted that one because I've been wanting them ever since I saw them a few weeks back. 

Originally Posted by alilucask

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by alilucask

This is what i wore to a wedding last weekend..

tie and tie pin are too small. they look lost on your chest. really nice color choices though ... and a nice accessory also. 
nii so with the small lapels on the jacket, a wider tie wouldn't throw the proportions off?

thanks for the input your opinion means a lot to me
pimp.gif
sorry for the late reply ... 
skinny tie = skinny lapels = skinny guys, so yes in essence you are right, a wider tie would throw proportions off. skinny suits really work best with really skinny guys so its in proportion to their body. 

I have an interview with an ad agency this friday (just waiting for the confirmation).

Should I dress according to the industry, or better yet, the culture of the agency?

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

Can I get some opinions on these? Olive (first) or Grey (second)?

dlje6w.jpg

1z6gz13.jpg

I like the olive a lot

I like olive.. they would look good with black denim and blue denim, also with a khaki!!

Can you wear these with dress pants? (casual fridays)

Originally Posted by TheAbove

I have an interview with an ad agency this friday (just waiting for the confirmation).

Should I dress according to the industry, or better yet, the culture of the agency?

I'd dress according to the specific agency. A good chance to show them that you can/do fit in.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

Can I get some opinions on these? Olive (first) or Grey (second)?

dlje6w.jpg

1z6gz13.jpg

I like the olive a lot

I like olive.. they would look good with black denim and blue denim, also with a khaki!!

Can you wear these with dress pants? (casual fridays)

not into Desert Boots, but the colorways are real nice. I don't think you can go wrong with either

Originally Posted by RFX45

Took advantage of the BB sale and tried to get as much ESF shirts as I can, the sport shirts fits pretty good, well worth the price ($35 for each shirt). The washed oxfords are awesome, thick and substantial. I need to get one more white of it as a spring/summer staple.
AdQMN.jpg

yo.. are these the sports ESF oxfords that you bought above (just trying get an idea of how the clifford collar looks):

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...t_Id=1500553&Parent_Id=297&default_color=Grey

if so, how do these fit length wise?

Back
Top Bottom