Dressing better

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Had to second shoot a wedding the other day and DID NOT want to go with a suit again, so I just threw this together to then realize I hated any of my belts with this, so I decided to skip the belt an be on my way.

Those sleeves are waay to long. For as much as you rock that thing, you might as well go get em shortened.

Originally Posted by CheGTR

^wow..rufio you went too far.
Just quit while ahead. Keith said what everyone else thought lol....

Apologies to RFX who is either laughing or wondering wth??

lmao sarcasm and lulz brosama bin laden
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

rfx looks like brock lesnar compared to that dweeb though
Exactly how straight was your face when you typed that nonsense out?
laugh.gif
smh so u thinkin bow wow swole huh?
tongue.gif
happy.gif

2hg8j1s.jpg

VS.

i mean they aint no niidawg
tongue.gif

but c'mon

and im calling a no ayo for myself and keithsweatjordans beofre you hooligans start roasting
wink.gif
Dope fit but why rock beat boots. The distressed boots kinda ruined this fit for me.

Originally Posted by solefulJs

Had to second shoot a wedding the other day and DID NOT want to go with a suit again, so I just threw this together to then realize I hated any of my belts with this, so I decided to skip the belt an be on my way.

Those sleeves are waay to long. For as much as you rock that thing, you might as well go get em shortened.

Funny thing is the sleeves are actually short, just because I've posted it here multiple times doesn't mean I wear it all the time
laugh.gif
But from that picture and how the sleeves seem to stack I can see why you would make that assumption...appreciate the feedback guys
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Weather was nice and perfect yesterday.

Those pants are ridiculous. 

how?

Chinos are too long for him? LOL it's all personal preference, but I can't rock with something like that. I can dig honeycombs or whatever you call them, but my dude took the stacking to a whole nother level. 
EDIT- yo, was that BR sale this past weekend only or what? Need more loafer socks lol.

5675223404_87ba58eaef_b.jpg
I kinda agree that this looks sloppy, for a couple of reasons (the belt is not a major problem here). The jacket looks like a suit jacket, not a blazer. Suit jackets generally don't look good with anything but dress pants, and I don't think this outfit is an exception. The jeans fit well, but the whiskering on the thighs doesn't belong anywhere near this outfit. You just can't put together a suit jacket with jeans with whiskers. Also, the shoes further confuse things. They look great with the jeans,  but they again clash horribly with the jacket. Lastly, the pattern on the shirt is too much. When you have this much going on in an outfit, you need to keep things simple whenever possible. A solid white would have made this look much cleaner. 
In my mind, when you try to combine casual and formal elements, you have to make sure the elements merge and intertwine. Here, the elements look like they are co-existing without coming together. Sort of like one of those puzzles were you can put together different top halves with different bottom halves. I think the tie might have been an attempt to bring things together, but the top and bottom are just too far apart for one thin strip of fabric to bring them together. 

Just my 2 cents bro. 

Thanks Persia, I'm no expert and appreciate the advice, the jacket is in fact a suit jacket, I'm actually in the hunt for an actual blazer...I'm sure that will pay off, I think the jacket is what threw everything off, live and learn and always have this thread to point out the mistakes
smile.gif

I'm not going to requote steezy's picture for the thousandth time....
laugh.gif

- A for effort, could've been a great outfit.
- Sleeves on the collared shirt are too long for that blazer.
- Personally never been a fan of a tie bar on a knit tie
- Toms - "Really, %!*%!%# Toms?" 
30t6p3b.gif

Look says: "I'm feeling really bummy, let me just put a tie and blazer on and hope nobody notices".  It's not a jab.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

5675223404_87ba58eaef_b.jpg
I kinda agree that this looks sloppy, for a couple of reasons (the belt is not a major problem here). The jacket looks like a suit jacket, not a blazer. Suit jackets generally don't look good with anything but dress pants, and I don't think this outfit is an exception. The jeans fit well, but the whiskering on the thighs doesn't belong anywhere near this outfit. You just can't put together a suit jacket with jeans with whiskers. Also, the shoes further confuse things. They look great with the jeans,  but they again clash horribly with the jacket. Lastly, the pattern on the shirt is too much. When you have this much going on in an outfit, you need to keep things simple whenever possible. A solid white would have made this look much cleaner. 
In my mind, when you try to combine casual and formal elements, you have to make sure the elements merge and intertwine. Here, the elements look like they are co-existing without coming together. Sort of like one of those puzzles were you can put together different top halves with different bottom halves. I think the tie might have been an attempt to bring things together, but the top and bottom are just too far apart for one thin strip of fabric to bring them together. 

Just my 2 cents bro. 
if i were going casual ... i would have dropped the tie bar ... i think the shirt is fine ... i agree w/ the blazer look of a suit jacket ... otherwise i like the fit 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Going to NYC in June staying near Rockefeller Center.
Any shops that I can actually afford near there?

a bunch
You will be within 15 minutes of any store you can imagine.

laugh.gif
the sad part is NBA/NFL analyst types dress exactly like that to this day. Matter of fact that jacket fits way better than anything they rock.

Originally Posted by Aze201

Going to NYC in June staying near Rockefeller Center.
Any shops that I can actually afford near there?

a bunch

What about Uniqlo? I looked and it said they're in Soho

Originally Posted by Aze201

a bunch

What about Uniqlo? I looked and it said they're in Soho
Manhattan is not that big, buy a metro daypass and you can get from Rockerfeller to SoHo in like 30 minutes on the train. 

laugh.gif

steezy, how old were you there?

I'm gonna see if I have any, "Oh, you thought you was doin' it" pics

Originally Posted by aceofjays

laugh.gif

steezy, how old were you there?

I'm gonna see if I have any, "Oh, you thought you was doin' it" pics

Bro I was probably like 22...about 6 years ago
roll.gif
If dudes wasn't so scared of teh photoshop, that would make for an awesome thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom