Dressing better

Originally Posted by quik1987

IMO

If it's hot enough to wear shorts, it's hot enough to not wear a jacket.
He could cut the sleeves on the jacket and make it short-sleeved.  
laugh.gif
  It would coordinate with the shorts better.
Jordan Novice, nice mullet.  I was thinking of getting one too, my hair is about the same length.  I don't think people would be ready for it though.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

What is the opinion on shiny suits? I cant decide if i like or if its tacky. its in between for me right now/ Here's some pics for reference

im gonna be using to travel for football games. I'm either gonna go with that a regular gray or a navy suit. I just cant decide if its too shiny
Generally not a good look at all, especially if it's your only suit. It looks like something Will.I.Am would wear to a New Year's party. 
Avoid avoid avoid. 

Just go with a solid navy suit. You can't go wrong. 
pimp.gif
lol, i feel you. its just that shiny is just a little appealing. whats your opinion on a grey suit. should i go with dark or light?
A grey suit is cool, and a dark grey suit can be pretty versatile. 
But if it's going to be your first or only suit, I'd try to go with navy or charcoal, because they're less "obvious" than a grey suit. Most people wear navy/charcoal, so if you have a grey suit, especially a lighter one, and wear it for all suit occasions, you might become the "grey suit guy", because you'll stand out more. If you go with a traditional navy or charcoal, you can get away more with wearing the same suit over and over again. 

Not a huge deal, but something to consider when buying your first suit. 

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

pacers31- for khaki jeans, try RRL

Heads up, I just got back from the outlets (leesburg, it was packed) and J.Crew has Spring Court's marked down to $10 after 50% off (items ending in .97, they were marked at 19.97). They had a good size run of both navy and white colorways. I was lucky enough to find my size in both pairs
pimp.gif
. Good luck!
thanks...any idea if they ship? i still need them in white/navy as well.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by quik1987

IMO

If it's hot enough to wear shorts, it's hot enough to not wear a jacket.
He could cut the sleeves on the jacket and make it short-sleeved.  
laugh.gif
  It would coordinate with the shorts better.
Jordan Novice, nice mullet.  I was thinking of getting one too, my hair is about the same length.  I don't think people would be ready for it though.
I'm surprised you noticed it
embarassed.gif
And what do you mean people wouldn't be ready for it? I can have it because I don't work in any sort of business setting
laugh.gif

Went to Field House in Seattle today and got some new shoes. Finally convinced myself to purchase the 1000 mile wolverine's. Pointers were a bonus.

DSC_0180.JPG

108_WKBzo8dBW5.jpg

Shirt/tie combo im looking to wear the weekend... Am i commiting any major crimes??

it's a wedding by the way.

that doesnt look bad at all in my opinion, i think its better to take a pic wit it on, cause something mite look nice but once u put it on it mite b a different story

Anyone take advantage of the Calvin Klein collection sale on Gilt yesterday morning?

Is it me or do they sell out instantly? Limited quantities? I was able to grab my size but still.

What is the opinion on shiny suits? I cant decide if i like or if its tacky. its in between for me right now/ Here's some pics for reference

im gonna be using to travel for football games. I'm either gonna go with that a regular gray or a navy suit. I just cant decide if its too shiny
QUESTION!

I bought a slim suit, but i want the jacket and pants to fit like the pics above. If i get it tailored, what do i ask for?

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

QUESTION!

I bought a slim suit, but i want the jacket and pants to fit like the pics above. If i get it tailored, what do i ask for?

you cant even see the slacks so how you know that??
laugh.gif

Do you want the suit to be more fitted??

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

@Niidawg and other suit aficionado's 
I just got back from sending some items to a new tailor (praying things come out the way we discussed)...basically...I'm looking to using him to get some new tailored suits...

I would like to know what is the best fabric I can buy for this style of suit...

I know it says "cotton-silk"in the description, but I'm just confirming weather that's the best fabric for this style of cut.

EMGze.jpg

I need:

-one gray for the summer, I would like the fabric to be "breathable" to combat heat, yet very high quality.

-one navy blue with a matching waist coat, this would be a more spring/fall suit. 
for very high breathable fabric for summer, i'd recommend a wool/mohair mix. It breathes pretty well. Also fresco is another option. Look into Holland & Sherry, Minnis or Harrisons - they are three mills out of the UK that produce phenomenal fabrics. for spring fall, i'd recommend going with something a touch heavier (depending on your location). definitely not tweed, but a 14 oz wool would be heavy enough to beat the chilly days of spring/fall. 

New denim, Let me know what yall think on the fit

5906821274_2f99a347d2.jpg

Levi 521 going to start buying these instead of 514s now, should of grabbed a 34x33 instead of 34x34, maybe a 32 would of been fine too. I'll try that out next time

5906820348_8aacb90bfd.jpg

Uniqlo S-001 do these seem too tight?

^^ I think the levi's look a little longer because of the stacking. But How do 521s run in comparison to 511's? That's what I buy Levi 511, it is slim fit tapered down.

BTW, how much did the Uniqlo denims run for? 50?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

QUESTION!

you cant even see the slacks so how you know that??
laugh.gif

Do you want the suit to be more fitted??
I was assuming the pants are fitted like the jacket.

a more accurate representation would be that GQ picture listed in the grey suit above this post.

Originally Posted by Jordman23

^^ I think the levi's look a little longer because of the stacking. But How do 521s run in comparison to 511's? That's what I buy Levi 511, it is slim fit tapered down.

BTW, how much did the Uniqlo denims run for? 50?

yup they're 40.

511s are way tighter than 521, I can't wear 511. These are nice, seem to fit a little bit slimmer than 514s and tapered. I really like them

@niidawg3, hey i remember months, maybe even a year ago, you shared some info on your flower lapel pins.

can you hsare the source again? i finally copped a classic navy blazer and i'd like to add a piece of flare lol to it.

thanks in advance

laugh.gif
@ the guy everyone keeps posting with the blazer/shorts combos... I'm sorry but that is not "dressing better"

QUESTION

Has anyone here tried uniqlo oxfords?

i'm looking to give them a shot but i'm curious about the fit. i'm 5'11, 210lbs. not fat, but certainly not small. i always have trouble with shirts being long enough without getting baggy. any help would be great

EDIT: omgitswes, i wouldn't change anything about the fit of those uniqlo's, so long as they're comfortable and you feel good in them. the 521's seem to have too high a rise for where you like to wear them on your waist, and it looks as if they have too much room through both the seat and thighs as well.

Back
Top Bottom