Dressing better

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

yo Luong1209..

love thomas pink shirts.. wait til hugo boss has a sale, if you decide to go that route (they have great sales on everything)

most of my work shirts are thomas pink and hugo boss 'black'.. have a couple brooks brothers, but not as big of a fan as i once was (prefer to wear their button-down collar shirts casually)

how are the indochino shirts, marmourjr?

I was hesitant to purchase a shirt being that it was a customized one.  However, I went to my tailor and got all the information that was asked on the site. I made sure that shirt was to be fitted with just a half inch room (If I gain weight).  I suggest that you do exactly the same. Express to your tailor that you are ordering a tailor shirt online and need this to be exact.  I must say, I got my shirt exactly 2 weeks from my purchase. The fit was perfect and the material quality was outstanding.

Now when I brought my first suit from them, the sleeves were a little longer. Their policy is that they will pay for your alteration up to $75.  My tailor filled out some form, and I got my credit within 5 days.  I get so many compliments from people wearing my suits.  Again, make sure your tailor gets your measurements exactly how you want it. 

If you are looking for custom suits with great quality, these are your people.  And the prices are right.  I own 3 shirts and 2 suits from them.

I forgot to add on the list: I love Nautica oxford shirts. I need to add them to my list....

I hope this helps.

Does anyone know where I can find a brown leather jacket similar to this shade of brown? 
BAND-MO27_V1.jpg

^ was just about to post the same pic..

5892692606a439ed3485678b3e0dc0062642eb8a_r.jpg

This band of outsiders leather jacket is
pimp.gif
.  I love leather jackets with normal collars and not motorcycle inspired ones. 
But for $2000... I'll pass til I win the lotto.  I think I've seen similar color ones at Zara.

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

^ was just about to post the same pic..

5892692606a439ed3485678b3e0dc0062642eb8a_r.jpg

This band of outsiders leather jacket is
pimp.gif
.  I love leather jackets with normal collars and not motorcycle inspired ones. 
But for $2000... I'll pass til I win the lotto.  I think I've seen similar color ones at Zara.
Damn thats a dope jacket. I don't know about winning the lotto...if I had it to spend I probably would. Thats a jacket I could see myself wearing for years and years so it'd be worth. But I don't, so I wont.

That jacket is just....wow. 
I picked this up earlier today. Same style as the shirt I posted the other day, just in red. 

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

What do you guys think of the Alden for J. Crew longwing bluchers? These semm like a wardrobe staple.

server

I'm just not a fan of longwings, i've seen less than a handful that I like and that isn't one of them. A regular wingtip would be a staple, longwings, not so much for me anyways.

Yeah I guess $2000 is a decent price for a brand name leather jacket, especially if you look at some clothes as an 'investment' type %**.

Thanks guys, I'll check Zara cos I'm not tryna spend 2000 
tired.gif

Picked these items up in the past week; only spent 60 for all three things 
pimp.gif

55826ea1c702950ff305bfbf741c339074d3886f_r.jpg

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

laugh.gif

Yeah, they are bit pricey. I have to say though, I have been through a ton of designers and since I am a slim guy and by no means tall, it makes it hard to buy quality shirts off the rack without getting them altered. The real cost would go up too much to justify. In come Hamilton and take care of all my problems. 

One of their F/W shirts was just featured in the latest GQ. It's a take on urban camo. Pretty slick
smokin.gif

agreed.. im a bit short also 5'6 
eyes.gif
 also a slim guy...
and shirts like these always fit me long, soo any other brands you recommend me? ive had a couple shirts altered, love them BUT it does get pricey.. smh
I've come to terms with my dilemma. I am 5'7, 145. I like my clothes to be fi
ohwell.gif
tted and trim. If I wanted to wear a parachute, I'd buy one.
For my casual, no tie button downs, I prefer Gitman Bro Vintage, Hamilton, and sometimes Theory. For dress shirts, Turnbull & Asser, RL (black and/or purple), and Boss Black on some occasions. 

It sucks, but it takes trial and error. 
ohwell.gif

appreciate that  man.
also see you stay in houston, i do too. any tailors your prefer? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Interview tomorrow. I have a black suit that I want to wear with a blue checkered shirt. Any tie suggestions?

i got the same fit. except shirt is plain blue...im going with a narrow grey tie.

x-post from yesterday...

Hamilton.Jcrew.Lanvin
what is the style of that shoe? Is it just considered a cap toe? oxford? and how much did they run you if you dont mind

Shoe is an oxford cap-toe.
That particular pair is unique that it is made of canvas uppers and leather toecaps.
Brand is Lanvin, retail is $515.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Shoe is an oxford cap-toe.
That particular pair is unique that it is made of canvas uppers and leather toecaps.
Brand is Lanvin, retail is $515.

thnks a bunch man. loving that style but I cant pay that much for a pair of shoes right now. know of any brands that have a similar style for something in the 150 price range or cheaper?

agreed.. im a bit short also 5'6 
eyes.gif
 also a slim guy...
and shirts like these always fit me long, soo any other brands you recommend me? ive had a couple shirts altered, love them BUT it does get pricey.. smh
ohwell.gif
For my casual, no tie button downs, I prefer Gitman Bro Vintage, Hamilton, and sometimes Theory. For dress shirts, Turnbull & Asser, RL (black and/or purple), and Boss Black on some occasions. 

ohwell.gif

appreciate that  man.
ohwell.gif
Yeah man...Houston sucks for fashion heads. Thus, there a very few tailors that care about what you want. IMO, Marsello's in the Galleria is pretty top notch. Most of the shops in the Galleria use them so I tend to go there when I need high end stuff altered.
My everyday tailor is about 5 minutes from my house (Willowbrook-%+!). If you are in the area, I can give you more details.

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

appreciate that  man.
ohwell.gif
Yeah man...Houston sucks for fashion heads. Thus, there a very few tailors that care about what you want. IMO, Marsello's in the Galleria is pretty top notch. Most of the shops in the Galleria use them so I tend to go there when I need high end stuff altered.
My everyday tailor is about 5 minutes from my house (Willowbrook-%+!). If you are in the area, I can give you more details.
houston is the worst to wear anything for summer time.. i went to LA a few weeks ago and was able to wear shirts out there that i couldnt possibly wear here due to the heat.
yeaa i heard about marsello's from the guy who used to work at barney's in the galleria before they closed 
frown.gif

i needed my apc's altered since they were too long.. most deff dude, i stay in spring, not to far from willlowbrook area..

Back
Top Bottom