Dressing better

Originally Posted by mco85

UYBornAgain said:
So I have a question for my Niketalk family...

I have a wedding coming up and in general I need to step up my slim fit white shirts. I'm going for the "Mad men" look and wanted recommendations on white dress shirts. I feel like my currently collection isn't CRISP enough in the color space.

Here's the look I want:

53.jpg

Where should I go shopping? I'm willing to spend a considerable amount for quality since I'm now an adult

Why not go to a custom shop and have one tailor made to your specs?

I def thought about this route as well. ProperCloth.com and BlankLabel.com were the two site I was thinking about. Have experience with either? I'm not against off the rack but just concerned about that look.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Some yeah formal coming up in a couple weeks. Well my girl said it's more of a semi formal so just a shirt and tie will be okay.
Do you guys think this shirt, paired with navy pants will look too uniformish?

Also was thinking about wearing some brown shoes with it too, and don't know what color tie I should get. I was thinking navy with either colored diagonal stripes or polka dots

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat..._Product_Id=1537417&default_color=Light-blue#

No to that shirt, it will look like you just got out of the office. I'd wear a jacket/blazer with that fit too, even if it is semi-formal, shirt with tie just looks very high-schoolish, like you're going to a winter formal. Brown shoes is fine if you can pull it all together but black shoes as a safe route since it'll look sharp with a navy trousers. I say just wear some nice slim white shirt with some dark tie. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Some yeah formal coming up in a couple weeks. Well my girl said it's more of a semi formal so just a shirt and tie will be okay.

Also was thinking about wearing some brown shoes with it too, and don't know what color tie I should get. I was thinking navy with either colored diagonal stripes or polka dots

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat..._Product_Id=1537417&default_color=Light-blue#

No to that shirt, it will look like you just got out of the office. I'd wear a jacket/blazer with that fit too, even if it is semi-formal, shirt with tie just looks very high-schoolish, like you're going to a winter formal. Brown shoes is fine if you can pull it all together but black shoes as a safe route since it'll look sharp with a navy trousers. I say just wear some nice slim white shirt with some dark tie. 
White shirt, black pants, and going to buy some black captoe shoes whenever I find a pair that I like and wont kill my bank account.
I kinda want a wool tie, do I need wool pants to pull that off?

Thanks a lot guys.
Jeans: H&M

Shoes: Aldo Umphrey

Eiddy, I agree. I was rocking a "slub" type shirt and my collar was dead. 

Originally Posted by UYBornAgain

Originally Posted by mco85

I have a wedding coming up and in general I need to step up my slim fit white shirts. I'm going for the "Mad men" look and wanted recommendations on white dress shirts. I feel like my currently collection isn't CRISP enough in the color space.

Here's the look I want:

53.jpg

Where should I go shopping? I'm willing to spend a considerable amount for quality since I'm now an adult

Why not go to a custom shop and have one tailor made to your specs?

I def thought about this route as well. ProperCloth.com and BlankLabel.com were the two site I was thinking about. Have experience with either? I'm not against off the rack but just concerned about that look.
Check your local Banana Republic. I passed by a few months back and they actually have a "Mad Men Clothing Line"

Originally Posted by shogun

9.90?!?!?
I'm hoping that's a typo, or I'm jelly.
It's a promotion for their 2 new stores opening up.  One opened up last week and the other this week.
I would go and buy like 10 pairs but I already bought 3 pairs of jeans recently.  My RRL pair has been awesome so far 
smokin.gif
From everything I have heard I would stay away from the $10 jeans.  They are apparently extremely thin and will wear out super fast, rather spend the money on their normal jeans they offer.  Received some of the +J slim tapered flannel pants today from Uniqlo, fit is spot on for what I was looking for.

can someone recommend a pair of shoes for me to wear to a wedding with my dark navy suit.

any colors and styles accepted. i'm looking for ideas.

Here's the look I want:

Brooks Brother's they're actually having a sale right now on dress shirts.
Which leads me to the reason why I came in here.

How slim are their slim shirts? I'm not trying to be busting out of it

What sale is going on? I saw the 3 for $219 but that is the usually sale from my understanding. If you post your size we might be able to help for sizing. An extra slim fits a 148LB and 5'7 guy for perspective.

It's just a clearance sale.
I'm not even trying the extra slim. I'm 6'3, 202

I tried ob the alpha khaki today and they are quite tight in the crotch anybody know methods to loosen that area up

Anyone here have an idea of how the Dockers and Dockers Slim Fit shirts fit like? I checked the sizing charts for both fits but the "slim fit" shirts still look like they run big

Originally Posted by Nako XL

can someone recommend a pair of shoes for me to wear to a wedding with my dark navy suit.

any colors and styles accepted. i'm looking for ideas.

Brown wingtips

Originally Posted by skills

Did anybody find the Alpha's in a local Kohl's? I may need to size up.

nope. checked 2 stores in my area. no luck, they said it's an online thing. feelsbadman

I'm medium build and the alpha's fit like super skinny jeans on me... The Perry Ellis slim fit is perfect

White shirt, black pants, and going to buy some black captoe shoes whenever I find a pair that I like and wont kill my bank account.
I kinda want a wool tie, do I need wool pants to pull that off?

That is a bit too generic and easy. Unless it's a formal event, I wouldn't really go for a pure black and white look. Stick with the navy pants, some nice and slim white shirt with some brown shoes and matching belt plus a solid or subtle patterned navy tie?

Where is a good place to find decent priced cardigans in store? Im reluctant to order online because of sleeve lengths.

Skagen is a nice and solid brand but do not pay retail for them, they are always on sale. You can go to Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls/Ross and see them on sale in the jewelry section. For $180 or less, Timex Easy Reader is a decent choice and for 1/4th your budget. You can also check out Seiko. Browse around Jomashop.com and see if you find something you like. If you sign-up for their e-mail they'll give you a $20 off coupon too.

Skagen is a nice and solid brand but do not pay retail for them, they are always on sale. You can go to Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls/Ross and see them on sale in the jewelry section. For $180 or less, Timex Easy Reader is a decent choice and for 1/4th your budget. You can also check out Seiko. Browse around Jomashop.com and see if you find something you like. If you sign-up for their e-mail they'll give you a $20 off coupon too.

Cool, cool appreciate the advice Rfx....ill try and hit up jomashop for some options, I actually have the easy reader and a couple different NATO straps, definitely a solid watch...any Seikos in particular you would recommend to be worn with a suit in a more formal setting?

Can someone give me a critique on the fitment of this jacket?

I bought this a few years ago when i was fatter.

Had it altered at my local laundromat ($20).

Then i soaked it in hot water to shrink it a TAD bit. Deciding if I should chuck it in the dryer and have it shrink even more.

2uxuupv.jpg

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Anyone have any experiences good or bad with Indochino suits?
Not personally, but I hear mostly good things about their suits in general...most important of course is that you take accurate measurements!!

Back
Top Bottom