Dressing better

Well done maulrat
pimp.gif

And the shoes are fantastic! I kept seeing those pop up on Gilt time after time after time, and when I finally decided I wanted them, they sold out of my size
laugh.gif
They look great, especially with the navy suit.

Thank you. Hopefully your opinion stays the same when I tell you the suit is black... The lighting is a little weird.

Originally Posted by maulrat

Thank you. Hopefully your opinion stays the same when I tell you the suit is black... The lighting is a little weird.
What color is the tie.

I think Black suits always require black shoes and funky colored socks. The alterations are nice though.

Black tie also. Honestly I took some of stylebloggers advice to heart with the brown shoes/black suit. Ofcourse he isn't the end all with fashion advice, but I liked what I seen in this case. More traditional might have been the conservative choice for my first real suit- in while anyway. Coloring outside the box is more my style though. As long I don't look ridiculous!

These past few months i've been getting convinced that black clothes and brown footwear are no longer a bad combo.  I'm seeing it more often and thinking it looks good.  I stare at a lot of the hot women on campus and noticed that they do it a lot.  Maybe it just works for them because they're hot.  
laugh.gif

back again...

Discount Mags has a few Magazine Subscriptions on sale. 
  • GQ $4 per year (up to 3 yrs)
    • use code 2572

Originally Posted by maulrat

you cant wear tan shoes with a black suit,maulrat. you could but it doesnt match.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Had my first fitting today for my FIRST Bespoke suit. Met Dan from thestyleblogger.com, very nice down to earth guy. Definitely recommend Michael Andrew's Bespoke.

I'd be cautious did you look at all the options out there? how much is he charging you

Frick I need to step up my game and buy some nice sweaters/chinos in America.. J Crew here I come lol.

Is there any other places you guys would recommend to look at? Time is limited and transport will be a $@#*!. I want to check out J Crew, Uniqlo? BR.. Looking to buy some Clark DB's, casual & dress $@*%+, tweed blazer etc..

J. Crew out of harris-tweed sportcoats? ahh im on the hunt for a grey/charcoal - looking to drop 200-350 #$#

I've found DSW shoes to be the cheapest in terms of DB Clarks, got a pair of beeswax for $70 there

Do yall consider dickies, the classics, to be 'casual nice'? I got a tan pair and they go well with some different shirts and shoe combos. I think they look better than Jeans sometimes
I just started movin away from the jeans tees fitteds over the last year so i dunno if im foolin myself
laugh.gif
 The pair i got fit right similar to slacks too

I dont wear em to formal functions or anything just goin out and biz casual depending on setting. I just dunno if i should buy a couple more, like black or a tealish or just move away from em alltogether

Gotten some good tips on dress so far
pimp.gif
feedback would be appreciated on this too

I've found DSW shoes to be the cheapest in terms of DB Clarks, got a pair of beeswax for $70 there

Same here bro...just bought a pair of Clarks DB's in the sand color yesterday for $70

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Had my first fitting today for my FIRST Bespoke suit. Met Dan from thestyleblogger.com, very nice down to earth guy. Definitely recommend Michael Andrew's Bespoke.

I'd be cautious did you look at all the options out there? how much is he charging you
I was and did do my research prior too. My wife actually surprised me with it as an Xmas gift. Pricing depends on fabric chosen. I'm actually going t be changing the fabric I chose. The experience was definitely great. 

Bros Mens Warehouse has a sweet deal on Calvin Klein suits, if I cop the suit too big though, is it impossible to get it fitted correctly?

What would you guys recommend wearing with a black suit in terms of shirt and tie combo? ( I dont want to do the traditional white shirt/black tie)

Back
Top Bottom