Dressing better

I dont know if you all really dress like this daily intoyour normal wardobe but it makes me wanna dress "KINDA" like this.

is there any? way I can just do right fitted Jeans and jays into this?

Can someone school me on Tapering Jeans. I have a couple pair of really nice jeans but they're boot fit. They fit really nice up until the bottom wheresince they're boot fit have a wider opening which make them a little baggy. I just want to take in the bottom and maybe cut a bit off the bottom...is thisdo-able?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I dont know if you all really dress like this daily intoyour normal wardobe but it makes me wanna dress "KINDA" like this.

is there any? way I can just do right fitted Jeans and jays into this?

I pretty much dress like these everyday, I do not wear tee's anymore or any athletic sneakers (except AJ I's).
It can be pulled off but it won't be easy. Jordans are usually real bulky and doesn't go to well with fitted jeans.
Now if you have the Jordan Blase or some Jordan I's, then it can be pulled off. I rather like Jordan I's with chinos.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Can someone school me on Tapering Jeans. I have a couple pair of really nice jeans but they're boot fit. They fit really nice up until the bottom where since they're boot fit have a wider opening which make them a little baggy. I just want to take in the bottom and maybe cut a bit off the bottom...is this do-able?

It should be no problem with the moderate to skilled tailor. I have done this plenty of times and it is definitely doable, usually for less than $10 too.

RFX show me how I would love to know

I look older then I am so I want a grown man look plus I'm sick of graphic tee's i'm starting to think their immature in a way

Can't believe how well this thread is going, just wanted to say thanks to everybody, especially RFX...anyways, I was watching Hitch last night and reallynoticed how well Will Smith was dressed throughout the movie....that's the type of look I want to achieve, which hopefully I can make happen during thesummer =)

I look older then I am so I want a grown man look plus I'm sick of graphic tee's i'm starting to think their immature in a way

It's not really that difficult.
A light button up shirt, slim khaki's with some jack purcell (or maybe even AJ I) is a classic look.
Perfect for spring/summer.

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's not really that difficult.
A light button up shirt, slim khaki's with some jack purcell (or maybe even AJ I) is a classic look.
Perfect for spring/summer.
The look can be pulled off with certain sneakers, usually high top retros (albeit not my style). This morning, I just sold the last of my Nikesneakers (sans my basketball shoes) since I no longer wear them anymore.

I stopped by the local Barnes And Noble to peep out the March GQ someone mentioned on here with Justin on the cover. It had a spread with fashionable clothesthat are affordable, but it's nothing that haven't been covered in this thread already. H&M dress shirt, Gap tie, Express sweater, etc. I flippedthrough the magazine and has several ads with the likes of T.I. and Kanye in what was just discussed...blazer, slim fitted pants, and sneakers.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Stack Bundless wrote:

RFX45 can you post pictures of the difference between regular pants and tapered pants?

It is pretty much what WJ4 showed. Here's some of my actual pics.

It's the best pic I could take though, I really need a new camera. Angle sucks too but I think you get the idea.

Not tapered:

or2l2e.jpg

Tapered:

1pa5ax.jpg

Keep in mind that both pants are similar in size and shape overall, except the bottom pic is tapered. I also have a thick thigh.

The top pic looks much baggier because of it being untapered while the bottom pic is a lot more fit because it is tapered.

The top pic also covers more fo the shoe while the bottom pic doesn't, giving the whole pants a much slimmer look.

As for slim chino's, Penguin and Ben Sherman are rather slim. They do have some wide fit pants but with Penguin, the Rockwood fit is pretty slim, except
for the bottom.

The bottom just needs to be tapered. The pics I have up top are both Penguin chino's and got them for around $25-$30 each on their website.

It was on sale and they usually have a 30% off sale so the discoutn stacks up for a great discount. +$7 for tapering and I have a great fitting pair of chinos.

Thanks man, I have a pair of chinos that fit somewhat like the ones you posted. But I think that I have to get then tapered from the knees and down.

I have a question for you tho; I have a cardigan that I love and fits me well but it's to short on the length, can I take it to a tailor to make it longer?I was thinking that he could shorten the hem and thus making it a little bit longer, is it possible?

wj4, I randomly stumbled on your listing on bf.com, and peeped you were selling ur kicks for like $25ea, not surprised those moved fast.

My new wardrobe is more casual comfort. I'm not knocking anyone else, but I hate the way gap, and Levi jeans fit. Coupon codes, and sales are my friend,I got a pair of Fremont Slim Fit Jeans, tapered of course, that retailed for $200 for $69. Once I wore those, I immediately threw away my Levi's stfjeans.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

wj4, I randomly stumbled on your listing on bf.com, and peeped you were selling ur kicks for like $25ea, not surprised those moved fast.

My new wardrobe is more casual comfort. I'm not knocking anyone else, but I hate the way gap, and Levi jeans fit. Coupon codes, and sales are my friend, I got a pair of Fremont Slim Fit Jeans, tapered of course, that retailed for $200 for $69. Once I wore those, I immediately threw away my Levi's stf jeans.
What's bf.com? I'm on so many forums that I can't remember.
laugh.gif
I sold the majority of my shoes from SoCalEvo.net and my old jeanson E90post.com

It really pisses me off that the members can not read and always PM me to ship them out or where I'm located. Shipping out $20-30 shoes is so not worththe hassle on my part.

Ever since I saw Ocean 11 back in high school, I wanted to dress like George and Brad.
laugh.gif
The only Levi's I wear is the 514, fits my shape pretty welland Macy's usually have them on sale for $35 a pair. Sale and clearance sections are also my friend. There's no way I'm paying retail for clothesanymore. In the last 2 weeks, I spent around $350 and bought 17 articles of clothes..vests, dress shirts, and sweaters. Everything was at least 30% off, mostbeing 80% off. I saw these Converse X Jack at Macy's and thought they were really nice, but I'm going to wait until I get a coupon in the mail beforebuying. I just need a pair of these and some Rainbow sandals for the summer and I'm set.
2328652412_310426964d.jpg

Stack, chances are a tailor cannot lengthen the cardigan. My guess is the hem on the cardigan won't be sufficient enough to lengthen it to make asignificant difference.

WJ4, I've had that exact same JP for a year now. It is probably my favorite and has gotten the most wear in the past year.
I also have the same shoe in white. You won't regret them, a very versatile pair of shoes.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Pitman13

My new wardrobe is more casual comfort. I'm not knocking anyone else, but I hate the way gap, and Levi jeans fit. Coupon codes, and sales are my friend, I got a pair of Fremont Slim Fit Jeans, tapered of course, that retailed for $200 for $69. Once I wore those, I immediately threw away my Levi's stf jeans.
What's bf.com? I'm on so many forums that I can't remember.
laugh.gif
I sold the majority of my shoes from SoCalEvo.net and my old jeans on E90post.com

It really pisses me off that the members can not read and always PM me to ship them out or where I'm located. Shipping out $20-30 shoes is so not worth the hassle on my part.

Ever since I saw Ocean 11 back in high school, I wanted to dress like George and Brad.
laugh.gif
The only Levi's I wear is the 514, fits my shape pretty well and Macy's usually have them on sale for $35 a pair. Sale and clearance sections are also my friend. There's no way I'm paying retail for clothes anymore. In the last 2 weeks, I spent around $350 and bought 17 articles of clothes..vests, dress shirts, and sweaters. Everything was at least 30% off, most being 80% off. I saw these Converse X Jack at Macy's and thought they were really nice, but I'm going to wait until I get a coupon in the mail before buying. I just need a pair of these and some Rainbow sandals for the summer and I'm set.

It was either bimmerfest or e90post.com, I'massuming it was the latter.

I also admire the style of Brads in Ocean's 11; I just haven't made that leap into suits yet. I'm still tethering on short sleeve button downs,and oxford shirts. In all seriousness, if anyone is buying clothes for retail especially now, they are fools. Sales are getting more outrageous, and thecoupon codes keep rolling. I've slowed down my button down purchasing, and am looking more into Jeans; I just recently bought a pair of Cassette Jeans,which I absolutely love. As for footwear, I can't stop wearing The Hundreds Johnson's, I got all 3 for $120, and love the way they fit, and look withsaid jeans.

i seem to have problems finding shirts that are long enough...im 6-5, 200 lbs..

i usually go with Polo XLT...but if its just a regular XL in anything, width wise im good but its about 2-3 inches too short...

is there any places that taller guys can shop to get this look, any help?

-J23C

How would one go about this? What colors would work best for this outfit:

Blazer

Tie
Sweatervest
Dress- shirt
Dark jeans
A pair of shoes

I'm thinking about wearing this for a presnetation that is coming in the future. Can anyone help me pick out the brands/colors. Thanks a bunch.

Btw, I tried out the Hugo Boss dress shirts that were suggested earlier in the post, and they fit perfectly. I also tried out a few of their blazers and theyfit very well, only need a small bit of tailoring and they will be perfect.

One last thing: Many of the blazer I tried on felt like they were too long. I am 6'2 and wear a 40, but I find the 40s to fit much better than the 40R. Howshort is too short is probably what I am asking.

Here are a few suggestions. I really like the fit of the Hugo Boss slim fit dress shirts. They work well both tucked and untucked. Polo's classic fit dressshirts are the bread and butter though. They're relatively inexpensive and have you looking good sucka. For jeans I would suggest a dark wash to a lightfade. No holes tho destruction wash is not for dressing up. As soon as you have a good base of dress shirts and jeans and shoes you can branch out and purchasethe vests, blazers, cardigans ties etc. Belts match the shoes, remember that. For shoes, i would suggest a driving loafer. They're more comfortable thantraditional loafers. You can find the shirts at nordstroms and the shoes at zappos. You really have to experiment and see what fits nice and what goes wellwith what. Make sure everything fits, were not in high school anymore.

Tops.
_5743307.jpg

_5693058.jpg

Shoes.

827-427730-p.jpg

827-427729-p.jpg

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

northparkblind wrote:

lilpro4u wrote:

I swear i need to become a stylist.. Hell I'd do it for free for the most part because I love fashion just that much.

Dudes on NT, and still don't know how to dress. It's a damn shame.

I never seen you in the WDYWT.....

W.TF you wanna see me for? WDYWT ain't been poppin' since 04' homie. 90% of the fits in there are trash, but they still garner ISSesque comments
like "Dope fits everyone"..

Just because you rock a Supreme rag, and some outlet air maxes, with a AA hoodie don't make you a bit of fly kiddo.....

grin.gif

What?

Do you want me to say "Thrashy fits everyone!" ?

Just because you rock some designer +*#@ doesn't make you fly either.

RL.com has these slim chinos for $34.99 down from $165.00.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pPOLO2-4192652_standard_v330.jpg

pPOLO2-4373054_standard_v330.jpg

I can't buy much of anything since I'm trying to lose 30 lbs by summer.
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I guess my .02, would be to let your personality shine through, wear what you want, and become more of an individual. The best way to shop is to do it out ofseason, now is one of the best times to shop for fall/winter. The next would be alterations on almost everything, very few people can buy off the rack, andstill have the right fit, so alterations are the best bet. Never be afraid to take chances when dressing, and just be more live than other cats

just went to H&M and dropped some bread ... 2 jackets, 3 sweaters, 2 button ups, a t shirt, a pair of jeans and socks ... then copped some 993's and992's ...

703 - those are just driving loafers. A variety of companies make them. For the most part, they all look the same, just a different style on the stitching andsuch.

I can take any time of shirt to a taylor right? I bought two classic fit RL shirts some time ago, but I don't like the way they fit. I'm 5'7 and inhigh school so I want them tailored because I don't like tucking in my shirts right now.

Back
Top Bottom