Dressing better

that's a really cool video. and it got me thinking.
where do you guys go to get suits, department stores or what?

I like that idea of changing the colors of the button hole stitches on the suit.
The shoes looks just like a regular oxfords, being handmade, I could imagine it costing that much.
You can easily drop that much on a well-known custom shoe maker.

Last night... anticipating rain.

10_12_10.jpg

Ben Sherman jacket - H&M shirt - JV belt - 511 jeans - Alden Indy boots - IWC Spitfire watch

How do the Alden boots fit? I have been looking at a pair for a while now at Orvis and was wondering if they fit your typical one size larger with boots?

Any place that sell Paul Smith boots in store?

The loafers did their job today of keeping my feet completely dry in the rain.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Any place that sell Paul Smith boots in store?

The loafers did their job today of keeping my feet completely dry in the rain.
laugh.gif

Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus at Topanga Mall sells Paul Smith. There is also a Paul Smith store at Melrose, a few blocks away from the Marc Jacob store.
If you are already in the area, Saks, NM and Barneys sells them too and Saks is having a 25% off sale til the weekend.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

TOJ varsity jackets are only done through e-mail order right?
Yup.

Originally Posted by kylewatson3

How do the Alden boots fit? I have been looking at a pair for a while now at Orvis and was wondering if they fit your typical one size larger with boots?
Alden has several lasts, you really do have to figure out which ones fits you better to figure out which ones will fit you best in each last.
The regular Indy's has a trubalance last and I wear an 8EE in it while I fit in a 9.5-10 in Nikes/Jordans/Chucks.

I will check out the Topanga Mall soon. The Nordy in Glendale doesn't carry Paul Smith shoes, just shirts and such.

Hey RFX, those last set of shoes you posted were VERY nice. Im diggin a few of their styles. Where can you get those, and price?

EDIT

Im still having trouble finding pants, like the Levi trousers. Will be going to Levis tomorrow, hopefully they have 514 trousers. Dark wash trousers/pants willlook good with Clark Desert Boots?

Topanga Mall is becoming more and more upscale.
They now have a Ferragamo, Cartier, Burberry, 2 LV stores along with NM and Nordstroms (which carries higher end brands than the usual Nordstrom, like JV,Rogue, Neil Barrett, Michael Bastian, DSquared, Gucci, APC, etc...). I've been to about 5 Nordstroms includign the Fashion Show in Vegas and they do notcarry as much as they do at this Nordstrom.
There is a pretty good selection of men clothes at H&M and ZARA too.
When you go, check out Nordstrom Rack across the street as well for some good deals.

I've seen Pointer shoes at Shoe Biz here in the Bay Area and they didn't impress me at all.

On the site it said they sell them at Bloomingdales. I'll check em out tomorrow. Anyone know a price range?

^I used to check out the Rack almost on a weekly basis when I lived closer. Found a lot of decent Nike Retro's. And yes, they redesigned the mall quite abit. 3-4 years ago it was a small mall for the high school kids next door to hang out at.

You live in the area, dude? I always thought you were out in the 626.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I live by the general area. Ever since the renovation, Topanga Mall is probably my most visited mall.
No need to drive through the hill to get high end stuff anymore, for the most part.

I used to work in the 626 though, a few blocks by old Pasadena.
It was just too far of a commute from the 818 so I had to quit.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Cool, with the extra room, it just gives you the option to wear thicker socks.

On another note, I am really like these Pointer shoes.
Low profile sole, somewhat unique and new design, I just want to see it person to judge how quality is.
Crago
crago_dark_chocolate_1_image.jpg

crago_black_1_image.jpg

Cyril

cyril_chocolate_1_image.jpg

cyril_mahogony_1_image.jpg
im feeling these...i seen the grey suede cyrils in store, they look a bit too casual for my liking....especially for £90.

Them brown leather joints are
pimp.gif
though...

Saw that fit at SF, aweseom, awesome, awesome.
The vintage woolrich looks great and goes great with the DBs.
I still say you are missing a watch on that left wrist.

Light brown belt with dark brown boots? Can it be done? or rather should it be done?

With confidence, it could be pulled off. But the shade doesn't have to match really, just close to it. If the difference is night and day, then it might bemore difficult to pull off.
I think it works better the other way around though, I do not have any light brown belts so I often wear my Indy's with a dark brown belt and I think itworks.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Light brown belt with dark brown boots? Can it be done? or rather should it be done?

With confidence, it could be pulled off. But the shade doesn't have to match really, just close to it. If the difference is night and day, then it might be more difficult to pull off.
I think it works better the other way around though, I do not have any light brown belts so I often wear my Indy's with a dark brown belt and I think it works.
Yeah the color is pretty different. If the shades were more similar I wouldn't be as concerned but I'm not so sure here. The boots are apretty dark brown and the belt is a lighter worn chestnut brown.

If you must wear a belt, just make sure it isn't seen.
Or it's just time to buy a new belt. Dark brown is very versatile so it wouldn't hurt to have one in your closet.
happy.gif

SMH @ me, went a bit crazy with Vince because of the Saks and Bloomingdales sale.

Yeah I'm going beltless right now
laugh.gif
Going to pick up a dark brown belt at BR later this week when i stop by for some socks.

Any recommended places for shoe trees and leather care kits? I'm thinking the Nordstrom's shoe department should have everything I need right?

Back
Top Bottom