Dressing better

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

My idea of "dressing better", but still kind of young with the fitted. I dont look right with a beanie =/

HM
Uniqlo
Levi
Clarks.

The pants feel a bit long though..
Looks good, I like the fit and everything, the jacket looks great too.
Don't let me discourage you, it's just a suggestion but I would get rid of the fitted, just doesn't fit in well.
Then again it could just be your own twist on it, just doesn't look right with the coat to me.
Looks great though.

Originally Posted by Jkissi7

RFX45 great fit on all of the fits , you spend more than me jesus I need a salary paid job myself.
laugh.gif
I keep telling myself "no more" but then allthese sales come up and then I try on stuff and it fits almost perfectly and next thing I know it's all bagged up.
That's how they get you....
mad.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

My idea of "dressing better", but still kind of young with the fitted. I dont look right with a beanie =/

HM
Uniqlo
Levi
Clarks.

The pants feel a bit long though..
Looks good, I like the fit and everything, the jacket looks great too.
Don't let me discourage you, it's just a suggestion but I would get rid of the fitted, just doesn't fit in well.
Then again it could just be your own twist on it, just doesn't look right with the coat to me.
Looks great though.

Thanks man.

I know what you mean with the fitted, but I have no other hat alternatives.
laugh.gif
Beanies dont look right on me, and besides that I have nothing else to wear.

seriously just asking whats the thread really about im jus asking cause i see pics of ppl that can dress when the dude jus asking how can he improve how todress

- thanks jehul. the pics at EWR was taken by the Continental lady who kept announcing our delayed flight. i had to find some good use for her ... lol.

- thanks RFX; i knew the Phillies shout outs would get you...lol. tied at 1; should be a good rest of series ... although the time changes are reallystressful.
- that Vince cardigan is
eek.gif
eek.gif

- Jkissi, rsdplaya and ArsnalJ23 ... how you like Ghana giving Brazil the business. World Champions baby ... charle, we'll do it again at the Big Dancenext Summer. Can't wait!!!

- judeezy ... love ma Philly sports teams!!

- 10 Piece .... i REALLY like the fit ... i see RFX's point, but i think the fitted works well.. it gives it a different vibe ... kinda streets meetpreppy. keep stylin'

Any suggestions for slim fitting dress pants? I need to buy an outfit for a semi formal Jazz banquet. Also, would a knit/wool tie be too informal with dresspants?

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Any suggestions for slim fitting dress pants? I need to buy an outfit for a semi formal Jazz banquet. Also, would a knit/wool tie be too informal with dress pants?

nerd.gif

niidawg3 wrote:

- 10 Piece .... i REALLY like the fit ... i see RFX's point, but i think the fitted works well.. it gives it a different vibe ... kinda streets meet preppy. keep stylin'

Thanks man, I see you in your office
laugh.gif
. You be pulling off some illstuff in there, the coordination is brilliant.
pimp.gif

I would take the hat off if I had other headwear that looks ok on me.
ohwell.gif

Anyone know a brand that makes a good leather (or non) messenger bag? I seen some nice ones at Clark, dont know if I should grab a leather one or not. Will befor school/city days.

^^^
Do you need head gear though? Is it that cold where you are at already?
It's still hitting 100 degrees here in SoCal when it was just around 50-60 degrees with rain a couple of days ago.

niidawg3 wrote:
- thanks RFX; i knew the Phillies shout outs would get you...lol. tied at 1; should be a good rest of series ... although the time changes are really stressful.
- that Vince cardigan is
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yup, it looks like it'll be a good series.
So much to look forward to now with the Dodgers in the playoffs and the NBA season starting, it'll be a busy but fun for the next couple of weeks.

^^^
It's still hitting 100 degrees here in SoCal when it was just around 50-60 degrees with rain a couple of days ago.

niidawg3 wrote:
- thanks RFX; i knew the Phillies shout outs would get you...lol. tied at 1; should be a good rest of series ... although the time changes are really stressful.
- that Vince cardigan is
eek.gif
eek.gif
So much to look forward to now with the Dodgers in the playoffs and the NBA season starting, it'll be a busy but fun for the next couple of weeks.

Hit the high 30s/mid 40s the past 3 days in NYC.

This thread is massive now. I need to go back through, did my first shopping in years today. Got some Calvin Klein dress shirts and two pairs of sperry's.Not sure if CK is any good wear wise but I like the way they fit me compared to other dress shirts, also got some 559's. I can already see how this can getvery expensive.

^^^

niidawg3 wrote:
- that Vince cardigan is
eek.gif
eek.gif

Hit the high 30s/mid 40s the past 3 days in NYC.

Damn, that is cold. Keep the fitted then if you must.
laugh.gif

It just reminded me of when JayZ started wearing fitteds with sport shirts and baggy jeans, just never got into it.
Yours is no where near as JayZ's though, your clothes actually fits.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by StaXX

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Any suggestions for slim fitting dress pants? I need to buy an outfit for a semi formal Jazz banquet. Also, would a knit/wool tie be too informal with dress pants?

nerd.gif
co-sign

It really is hard to say or suggest anything because everyone is built differently. Like me, i kept suggesting 511's and it fit me well but not many could.
I would suggest giving the usual a try, H&M, ZARA, BR, etc...
I haven't tried them yet but someone at SF suggested Express' photographer pants, it is supposed to be cut like slim jeans.
Worth a try. I'll give it a try when I visit the mall next time.
I don't like the jeans style pockets though, makes it too casual.
http://www.express.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?parentCategoryId=1&categoryId=66&subCategoryId=418
pguide_forhim_photographer.jpg

damn man
smh.gif
i wish i had the money to dress all nice like this and #%%# .. instead im caught im rocking t's jeans and sneakers, comfortable but it's so"bleahhh" already u know? w.e. though i guess

I definitely suggest Nordstrom Rack or mall brands like Banana Republic or J. Crew.
Banana Republic is having 40% off sales every wednesday for this whole month so check the store out next week, you might be able to find a bargain.
Check out the BR websites selection: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=32658

anyone have the BR wool toggle coat or trenchcoat? opinions on either? especially if you either have one of them or have seen them in person...

thanks,
waystinthyme

Pretty happy with the stuff I got from J. Crew today. $10 for knitted tie and $30 for the corduroys. I think these two items, paired with a black blazer andwhite dress shirt, and black DB's or Chukkas would be a great outfit.
2i2bnli.jpg

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Hey guys, I'm going to watch Zombieland tomorrow night and I really need your help putting together an outfit. Do you think some slacks and a blazer is too much?

Even though you probably already went you should wear your most expensive stuff fam, because you might game on some girl in the dark at the theatres gotta lookfresh

Back
Top Bottom