Dressing better

This fit is just ill.

tumblr_krmp4jn1Zl1qa5dh2o1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by awon23

anybody know of any good tailors in the OC/LA area?
Are you for real? L.A. is a VERY big area. There are thousands of reputable tailors, at the very least.

I'm sure you can find at least 5 good tailor spots within a 5 mile radius. Almost any dry cleaner offer tailoring services.
i'm talkin for suits. one that will take your measurements and all that

Originally Posted by wj4

Are you for real? L.A. is a VERY big area. There are thousands of reputable tailors, at the very least.

I'm sure you can find at least 5 good tailor spots within a 5 mile radius. Almost any dry cleaner offer tailoring services.
i'm talkin for suits. one that will take your measurements and all that
Are you looking for a tailor that will custom make suits for you?

You would be way better off finding a good suit that is already good fitting off the rack and have the tailor take the with in, the sleeves in, hem the inseam,and possibly the seat, butt, and other areas.

Thick as Thieves makes custom suits and the owner, Jason, is a real cool guy and very helpful.
http://www.thickasthievesla.com/
They are located in Pasadena and he can meet up with you to do measurements.
They do not do tailoring though so if that is what you are looking for, check out yelp.com.

Originally Posted by wj4

Why respond if you don't have an answer. I'm sure he's aware that it's a very big area and that there are tons of tailors atdrycleaners...he's asking for a GOOD tailor. As in, if you've used one of those thousands of reputable tailors, please refer him to one because hedoesn't want to take his chances with any old drycleaner tailor, most of which I wouldn't trust to do a quality job.

There's a reason why people ask for references rather than just pick a name out of a phonebook.

awon23- If nobody on NT can help you, ask someone in the area whose style you respect, whether it's a friend, acquaintance, co-worker, whatever. Someonewho looks like they get their clothes tailored to fit well, how you want yours to. Ask a few people, get some names and if you've got the time and enoughpieces you need altered, bring a simple one to each and see what kind of job they do, how it suits your needs and what you asked for. If you've got abunch of pieces that are valuable to you, it'll be worthwhile, especially if you have something important/expensive that you need extensively altered.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by wj4

Why respond if you don't have an answer. I'm sure he's aware that it's a very big area and that there are tons of tailors at drycleaners...he's asking for a GOOD tailor. As in, if you've used one of those thousands of reputable tailors, please refer him to one because he doesn't want to take his chances with any old drycleaner tailor, most of which I wouldn't trust to do a quality job.

There's a reason why people ask for references rather than just pick a name out of a phonebook.

awon23- If nobody on NT can help you, ask someone in the area whose style you respect, whether it's a friend, acquaintance, co-worker, whatever. Someone who looks like they get their clothes tailored to fit well, how you want yours to. Ask a few people, get some names and if you've got the time and enough pieces you need altered, bring a simple one to each and see what kind of job they do, how it suits your needs and what you asked for. If you've got a bunch of pieces that are valuable to you, it'll be worthwhile, especially if you have something important/expensive that you need extensively altered.
OK. Arax in Burbank, and Tailor Town in Glendale and Pasadena, this is where Nordstrom goes to when they are stomped with work. Both are locatedin the upper part of the L.A. county which is about an hour drive with no traffic (in L.A. right?) from the O.C.

I don't even like driving to the Hugo Boss store in Beverly Hills to get my suits tailored, and that's only a 20 mins drive locally for me. Ican't picture the guy driving from downtown LBC up here just to get his shirts tailored.

There is a very simple solution to this....take an old dress shirt to a potential place and ask them to do something like take the width in. It's a cheapjob and you can judge their workmanship on it. Or do another easy job like ask them to taper in a pair of pants. This is how I found ARAX, which is 1 milefrom my house. I got tired of driving 8 miles to the Tailor Town in Glendale. I Googled "Tailoring shop in Burbank", read the reviews. Gave her aneasy task and judged her work. Since hten I probably spent $200-300 with her.

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Originally Posted by RocSole

This fit is just ill.

tumblr_krmp4jn1Zl1qa5dh2o1_500.jpg

bananas1.jpg

Is that a racist remark? I mean I might be reachign but the first thing I thought of is that episode of King of the Hill when they called Khan a banana, yellowon the outside but white on the inside. Again, I am not trying to start anything but if the remarks mean anythign else, could someone explain it?

laugh.gif
RFX that's deep, man.

I didn't think anything of that nature. When I saw the banana..I thought of it as the slang term for cool. You know "Yooo son, that was bananas!"

Originally Posted by RFX45

This fit is just ill.

Is that a racist remark? I mean I might be reachign but the first thing I thought of is that episode of King of the Hill when they called Khan a banana, yellow on the outside but white on the inside. Again, I am not trying to start anything but if the remarks mean anythign else, could someone explain it?
What I think he meant was...."that fit is bananas."

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i really want those sperry chukkas, but for half the price, i might have to get these American Eagles instead...
0211_4676_207.jpg

Not bad for the price...they got some red wing esque boots too. Might have to swing by AE to check them out in person
3211_4666_861.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
RFX that's deep, man.

I didn't think anything of that nature. When I saw the banana..I thought of it as the slang term for cool. You know "Yooo son, that was bananas!"
roll.gif

My fault, I guess I read too much into it.
I honestly didn't think anyone used that term anymore so it didn't even come to mind.

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
RFX that's deep, man.

roll.gif

My fault, I guess I read too much into it.
I honestly didn't think anyone used that term anymore so it didn't even come to mind.
Haha I also thought the same RFX so it wasn't just you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illmatickal

This fit is just ill.

Is that a racist remark? I mean I might be reachign but the first thing I thought of is that episode of King of the Hill when they called Khan a banana, yellow on the outside but white on the inside. Again, I am not trying to start anything but if the remarks mean anythign else, could someone explain it?
What I think he meant was.... "that fit is bananas."

This. Sorry for the confusion. And for the record, racism/racists remarks are wack.

Express has a really nice short peacoat in black. Its kind of pricey ($220 I believe).

Anyone know another brand that has a good quality short peacoat?

Short peacoats is a more relaxed, casual look than regular length peacoats?

Oh I forgot to say that BR is having a spend $100 and get $25 gift card promotion going on now.

does anyone know where i can buy (non-levi) khakis similar to uniqlo's t-000s? i've been twice in the last 6 weeks and on both occasions, theydidn't have them in stock so i'm just gonna buy them elsewhere.

the two guys asking for tailors, u gotta look around there really isnt a tailor that is "the" tailor to go to just gotta do your own search luckilyfor me i have about 20 where i live lol (Ny)

If you're near the 626 area (Rowland Heights/City of Industry), I would highly recommend Lam's Tailoring. I've had everything fromjeans, coats, shirts, suits altered by him and everything has come out great. Off the top of my head, here are the approximate prices for various alterationsI've had done:

Jeans
Regular Hem - $10
Original Hem - $20

Button Up Shirts
Width Taken In - $15
Sleeves Tapered - $10
Sleeves Shortened - $15
Length Shortened - $12

Coats
Sleeves Shortened - $40
*Note: this was more expensive because the coat I had done had distinctive cuffs that had to be kept intact, pretty much like keeping the original hem onjeans. If its just a regular cut and sew job, i think its only around $15

Suits
Coat Width Taken In - $20
Pants Hemmed - $15

He also does MTM suits starting at $700 i think. Address and phone number below:

Lam's Tailoring

17536 Colima Rd, Rowland Heights, CA

(626) 965-0030 ‎

Hope that helps.

RRL sale sucked, only accessories.
Theory has some nice and somewhat well fitting looking dress pants.
JV shoes and accessories tomorrow, might be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom