Dressing better

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by wj4

Had to get this today. Didn't wanna spend the money, but the fit, the shawl collar and 25% off were too much to resist.
laugh.gif

33xyqdk.jpg

2m346k2.jpg
Picked up the exact same sweater on Wed during 40% off. I like it but I dont really like the chest pockets.

It is nice and warm though. Really thick and looks nice.
I thought about that, but I just can't do it. I have 2 coupons left...one will be used for the boots ($150) and the other for a herringboneblazer ($330). This being the cheapest item out of the 3 at $130, I had to settle for 25% off.
laugh.gif

$130 for that shawl sweater?

eek.gif

wow. in a bad way.

and I really think the epaulets and the two utility pockets throw off the shawl collar

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Wheres the cheapest place to grab Clarks DB?

Just got a pair at the Clark's store. I got the Beeswax ones for 75 and some change. There's a 20% off coupon that expires Nov. 20 and it was on salefor 90 and then 20% off with the coupon made it 75.

look for the coupon online

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

Had to get this today. Didn't wanna spend the money, but the fit, the shawl collar and 25% off were too much to resist.
laugh.gif

33xyqdk.jpg

2m346k2.jpg
Picked up the exact same sweater on Wed during 40% off. I like it but I dont really like the chest pockets.

It is nice and warm though. Really thick and looks nice.
I thought about that, but I just can't do it. I have 2 coupons left...one will be used for the boots ($150) and the other for a herringbone blazer ($330). This being the cheapest item out of the 3 at $130, I had to settle for 25% off.
laugh.gif

banana republic?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

$130 for that shawl sweater?

eek.gif

wow. in a bad way.

and I really think the epaulets and the two utility pockets throw off the shawl collar
Quality is good, man, 100% wool and it's pretty thick. The pockets and epaulets don't bother me. What I'm concern about is the fit,especially with the sleeves...since you can't shorten that. And this one was on the money for me.

I looked at the epaulets, and if I really want to, I can go to my tailor to have it taken off. I would rather spend $100 for a nice sweater that I can wearfor years rather than $40 for a cheaper version that would fall apart sooner than later. The thing is that with dressing like this...it's timeless. Aslong as the fit is there, you're good to go. I'm sure someone like Nii would agree with the suits he has.

Yes Optimus, from BR.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Wheres the cheapest place to grab Clarks DB?

Just got a pair at the Clark's store. I got the Beeswax ones for 75 and some change. There's a 20% off coupon that expires Nov. 20 and it was on sale for 90 and then 20% off with the coupon made it 75.

look for the coupon online
You got a good deal there. I keep walking in the local Clarks store to see if they would get some of the Gortex footwear in, but not yet. Thedude told me their store only sells the primary colors, ie beeswax, black, brown..so the more flashier colorways are not sold there.

some nice stuff in here lately. for those who bought the ae desert boots, how are they? how's sizing? i think they might be worth it, all three for under100, just to keep nicer clarks out of the rain.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

some nice stuff in here lately. for those who bought the ae desert boots, how are they? how's sizing? i think they might be worth it, all three for under 100, just to keep nicer clarks out of the rain.
Desert boots, regardless of the brand, will suck in the rain, man. Look at the bottom of the crepe sole...no traction.

i'm a steady walker for the most part. i know the desert trek's were pretty rough last winter, but i dealt with it. plus the ae's aren't crepe,which i actually like a lot more.

rarely visit this thread, but thought id share. i copped these two jackets from Ross for 60$ each. pics don't really do the first joint justice. nothingcrazy but a good look for 60

the 1st joint is guess and has hoody that zips on and off. hard to really explain but its not just the hood that detaches. and it has the epaulets on theshoulders.

the 2nd joint is chaps and is just a basic double breasted joint

655226_fpx.tif

CHAPSPCOAT_DETAIL.jpg

Has anyone ever got their jeans tapered?

I asked this in the denim thread but got no response.

Should I get my STF's tapered before or after the soak?

definitely after the soak. try soaking just the bottoms in boiling water for a while, that can get them looking a lot better. i think that's how esco i amdid his pair.

The AE desert boots, well lets just say you get what you pay for. Qualities not all that great but for 20-30 bucks then who would complain. I'm usually a12 and an 11 in clarks, but I got a 12 in the AE desert boots and they fit fine. I mean for the price you're paying don't expect much out it qualitywise, but they do look nice. I have a pair of the sand colored db's and they get every day wear as if they were like a "beater" pair for a betterform of words on a sneaker forum.

Yea, thats the only reason I'm buying. I mean, for 20 bucks? I'm not expecting Clarks type of quality. So, I should get my own size in AE's?

EDIT-nevermind, they're out of size 9's

What are shirts with those military style buttoned down points on the shoulders called? also does anyone know of any nice black/white plaid shirt?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

What are shirts with those military style buttoned down points on the shoulders called? also does anyone know of any nice black/white plaid shirt?
I think you're talking about epaulets?

Yeah for sure don't do a full size down like you would for a pair of clarks. I'm a 12 and got a 12 in the ae ones, and it fits fine, well for meatleast.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

I believe the milatary buttoned down points you're talking about are called epaulets.

Back
Top Bottom