17138_1195092688722_1570590157_30551048_1456596_n.jpg

black shawl cardigan
black/white tiny plaid shirt
skinny black tie
raw denim
all black leather wallabees.

Originally Posted by Meangene4

rsdplaya wrote:

i got a question also...i have 2 pea coats that i recently acquired...trying to decide which one to keep...basically the first one is longer in the sleeves and wider in the body, the second pic is the other one and it's slimmer fitting overall...which one looks better?

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/sellinstuff4231988/?action=view&current=Picture005-76.jpghttp://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/sellinstuff4231988/?action=view&current=Picture007-55.jpg

second one

Agreed. The first one is way too big. The sleeves are extremely long and the shoulders don't fit. If you wear the second one, it still seems manageable tobe able to layer up with a sweater and shirt.

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

What i wore on my 21st thanks to a couple of ideas from this thread
17138_1195092688722_1570590157_30551048_1456596_n.jpg

black shawl cardigan
black/white tiny plaid shirt
skinny black tie
raw denim
all black leather wallabees.

nicely done! keep up the good work.

GREAT to hear that
laugh.gif

the second one i got for free from my mom, it was her brothers original US Navy issue pea coat...only problem is it's damn heavy
laugh.gif

the other was Ralph Lauren, but I knew deep down that it didn't fit well, I'll just sell it off for $200ish.

and ReRetro: that's a clean fit dude
pimp.gif
same with your girls.

Are you guys recommending to go half size or full size down for the Clarks DB? (I'm an 11, so should I be good with a 10?)

I'm just getting in the whole dressing up/dressing your age thing as well. Can someone in Houston recommend me a good tailor. Preferably close to the SugarLand area. Thanks in advance.

rsdplaya, both look pretty huge but the first one looks like 2 sizes bigger than the first one.
Second one can probably be salvaged with some alterations although the shoulders seems a bit too big so i think it might be cheaper to buy a new one thanaltering it to fit.

ReRetroMe, not bad. Belated Happy Bday!

And everyone wearing double breasted coats got me wearing my own version...

bihar_13.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

this is the only pic i have of these.. johnston and murphy.. saw em in dillards also $99.99... but cant find them anywhere online...
anyone know the name?
!BiYQkYw!mk~%24(KGrHqEH-CsEsKg+sytfBLOn5QSfOQ~~_35.JPG
!BiYQIvgCGk~%24(KGrHqYH-E!EsMUcCoLuBLOn3duJPQ~~_35.JPG

those are called saddle shoes (or saddles). they typically come in two tone ... a few have been posted on the thread. that is the brown on brown version.

lol thanks i meant like the actual style name or model number.

Wish I would've seen the DBs on sale earlier.

A random side note, a few things I will NOT wear:
Pleated pants
Square-toe shoes
Button-down collars
Turtlenecks

Macys also carry Clarks DB's now. I'm sure you can get them for a good price when the good sales hit.

I'm starting to look around for summer gear now and man I think I'll be sticking to t shirts and shorts. I tried some polos and short sleeve button upson and they weren't doing it for me.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

why does everybody hate square toe shoes?

[h2]Toe-tally[/h2]
from Sartorially Inclined by L.A.S
For whatever reason I've been seeing some absurdly horrendous toe boxes lately. Whether coming to a point orjust straight squared off, some of these shoes need to be taken into the backyard and put down ("It's okay Tommy, your Sketchers have gone to a farmwhere they can play with a whole bunch of other Sketchers"). Every shoe in a man's closet should have some form of a "natural"toe box. I understand the word natural is subjective, but I'm talking in shoeterms so anything but a moderately rounded toe is an absolute no-go (cowboy and motorcylce boots being the onlyexceptions). I think it's time to call up Jay-Z and get approval on "all natural toe everything." So themoral of the story is extremely simple, yet extremely crucial. Your boots, high-end shoes, low-end shoes, sneakers and everything else in between should comeequipped with a natural toe box. No excuses and no Sketchers. Ever.

4032120439_17ace57934_b.jpg
4032580308_3fa5693726_b.jpg

4051162916_98e5030d42_b.jpg
4051164426_4cb7cddcb7_b.jpg

tumblr_kvu3nuuAnh1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

does anyone own or has anyone tried on the heritage toggle coat from BR? can you comment on how it fits? true to size, a little big, or alittle small? I may be picking it up soon, but i can't find one at my local BR to try on...

if you have other coats from BR and want to comment on how they fit, that would be great too.

thanks,
waystinthyme

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by MeloVP

info on these?
nerd.gif
waddup w/ these joints? can't find em anywhere online..

are they an exclusive? from a past season?

alternatives?

thanks

Heres an alternative AE Woodsman Boot

Got them for christmas and loving them so far. They're a lot lighter than expected, as opposed to those redwings which I heard weigh a ton.

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by Durden7

Anyone have any pictures of someone wearing Clarks DB. I have no idea how they look with jeans/khakis.

second one
+1.

Here are a couple I found on styleforum. The last picture are the tan ones (?).

img4056c.jpg

Heres some more

He posts his fit on Hypebeast

326519_Untitled-1.jpg

332482_IMG_2293.jpg

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by niidawg3

^^ are the pants sagging, or do they need to be hemmed up a little. the width is perfect though.

The pants aren't sagging, they are just too long. The inseam is 36 inches I think and I am only 5'8'. I'm going to put them through their first wash soon and then take them to the tailor like you advised!

Which model of N & F jeans are they? Weird guy? inseam is 34 inches I believe

Back
Top Bottom