Dressing better

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

RFX45 reminds me of
wilson_small.jpg

never see his face lol

roll.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

My fault, I meant is wearing something like that too casual
I don't think it's too casual but it is under dressed by evening wear standards I guess.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

i wear levis 514, if i taper them, how much should i do it?
suggestions?

It really depends, measure the leg opening on your 514's and see where it's at right now and then decide if you think .5" or 1" will work for youa nd your shoes.
I prefer 7"-7.5" in leg openings but that is really a personal choice.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm super tempted to cop these right now... Any of yall own this exact color?
nerd.gif

I've wanted to get the grey DB's for a while now, I just can't find the one with the black midsole.
greysuede1-300x200.jpg

If you find these, please post info.
these it?  maybe those aren't black midsoles, not sure...

http://bananarepublic.gap...;ap=2&siteID=2178999
I'm looking for the grey ones with black midsoles in particular.

Skunk............uhh, no.

I'd rather keep my jeans dark & fresh. Instead of wearing one pair of jeans for 6+ months, I'll stick to a 4 jean rotation plus work pants.
laugh.gif
at wearing your jeans everyday that long without washing.

I do agree with you though that APCs are a good look. I like my Nudies, but am growing tired of the pocket details being so poignant on my blue pair.

Extra 30% off sale items at JCrew: http://www.jcrew.com/search/searchN...older_id=1408474395181063&bmUID=1267166990832

*All sales final. No exchanges, no returns. Offer valid online only. Offer does not apply to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards. 30% off discount applies to sale items only. Offer valid through March 1, 2010, 11:59pm EST. Savings are applied at checkout with code EXTRA30. Offer not valid on phone orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Limit one promotional code per order.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I'd rather keep my jeans dark & fresh. Instead of wearing one pair of jeans for 6+ months, I'll stick to a 4 jean rotation plus work pants.
laugh.gif

I do agree with you though that APCs are a good look. I like my Nudies, but am growing tired of the pocket details being so poignant on my blue pair.
Same here.  The only jeans I buy now are Joe's Jeans in the Brixton slim straight fit.  It fits my shape almost perfectly.  They get dry cleaned after 3-5 wears.  I just can't do the raw denim thing and going a year without washing like the jean junkies out there.  I went to the local Barney's and their 'stylist' was trying to sell me on a pair of APCs and how you can just throw it in the dryer and they'll be all clean again. 
laugh.gif
  I didn't really want to get into it with dude about let's talk about culturing the samples and see the growth after a week or so.

Does JCrew fit true to size? Is it safe to say if i'm a Medium at Banana Republic, I'm a Medium at JCrew?

Originally Posted by What up

Does JCrew fit true to size? Is it safe to say if i'm a Medium at Banana Republic, I'm a Medium at JCrew?
With shirts, yes.  A small in a J. Crew shirt would be about the same as a slim fit BR shirt. 

J. Crew's pants are generally slimmer than BR's.  Even the tailor fit from BR fits baggier than the classic fit from J. Crew.

Not sure. The only tops I have from J. Crew are shirts and flannel jackets. I'd think they fit the same since both brands are American brands.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm super tempted to cop these right now... Any of yall own this exact color?
nerd.gif

I've wanted to get the grey DB's for a while now, I just can't find the one with the black midsole.
greysuede1-300x200.jpg

If you find these, please post info.
these it?  maybe those aren't black midsoles, not sure...

http://bananarepublic.gap...;ap=2&siteID=2178999
I'm looking for the grey ones with black midsoles in particular.
The generic man makes them in grey with a black midsole. It's called the Florentine Desert Boot.

Where is the best place to buy a suit? Specially for a college student, while also looking very sharp

Also check the sig if any of you guys are looking for a nice/clean/practically new spring jacket for cheap

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

Same here.  The only jeans I buy now are Joe's Jeans in the Brixton slim straight fit.  It fits my shape almost perfectly.  They get dry cleaned after 3-5 wears.  I just can't do the raw denim thing and going a year without washing like the jean junkies out there.  I went to the local Barney's and their 'stylist' was trying to sell me on a pair of APCs and how you can just throw it in the dryer and they'll be all clean again. 
laugh.gif
  I didn't really want to get into it with dude about let's talk about culturing the samples and see the growth after a week or so.
In my opinion there's just something satisfying about putting in the time and watching them start to look better and better. I heard you can throw them in the freezer to kill any bacteria but I just throw them on my floor, it's like always having friends with you, microorganisms friends.
ohwell.gif

RTEmagicC_apc_newdenim.jpg.jpg

[h2]So, Which One Are You?[/h2]Esquire breaks down the American man into all his sartorial stereotypes. Behold the amusing (assuming this is tongue in cheek) and well shot editorial.  On a side note: I hope I never actually have the answer to the above question.

The Powerhouse aka The master of the universe, the big swinging d, the man.
the-powerhouse-0310-lg.jpg

Double-breasted wool suit ($7,495), cotton shirt ($595), and silk tie ($215) by Brioni; silk pocket square ($90) by Ermenegildo Zegna; stainless-steel Serena garbo Gent watch ($4,850) by Bertolucci.

The Wasp - Collegiate, the preppy guy, the man in the go-to-hell pants.
the-wasp-0310-lg.jpg

Double-breasted wool-and-cashmere blazer ($3,995) and cotton shirt ($425) by Ralph Lauren Purple Label; silk tie ($250) by Cesare Attolini; cotton trousers ($250) by Burberry; leather shoes ($198) by Cole Haan

The Professional - The company man, the shark.
the-professional-0310-lg.jpg

One-button wool-silk-and-linen blazer ($1,895), cotton shirt ($395), and wool trousers ($325) by Armani Collezioni; silk tie ($180) by Giorgio Armani; leather shoes ($760) by Church's.

The Workman - The blue collar guy, Joe Six-Pack.
the-workman-0310-lg.jpg

Two-button cotton blazer ($1,500) by Etro; cotton jacket ($425) by Woolrich Woolen Mills; cotton shirt ($98) and cotton T-shirt ($27) by J. Crew; cotton jeans ($98) by Levi's

The Italiano - The sprezzatura man, the American who looks vaguely European.
the-italiano-0310-lg.jpg

Two-button cotton blazer ($795) by Prada; cotton shirt ($395) by Ermenegildo Zegna; silk tie ($205) by Ermenegildo Zegna Couture; silk pocket square ($75) by Robert Talbott; cotton-and-linen trousers ($395) by Loro Piana; suede moccasins ($350) by Fratelli Rossetti; leather belt ($275) by Giorgio Armani; titanium Thoroughbred Belmont chronograph ($5,400) by David Yurman

The Woodsman - The hunter, the outdoorsman.
the-woodsman-0310-lg.jpg

Waxed-cotton jacket ($379) by Barbour; linen-and-cashmere vest ($185), Polo by Ralph Lauren; cotton shirt ($465) by Paul Smith; silk tie ($175) by Ralph Lauren Purple Label; cotton corduroy trousers ($100) by Save Khaki; canvas-and-leather belt ($58) by Cole Haan.

The Sportsman - The jock, the running man.
the-sportsman-0310-lg.jpg

Nylon jacket ($695) by Burberry; nylon vest ($450) by Moncler; cotton sweater ($245) by Stone Island; cotton jeans ($165) by J Brand; steel-and-PVD 007 watch ($880) by Red8World; Cordura backpack ($225) by Jack Spade; carabiners by Omega Pacific; water bottles by Sigg

The Rake aka The playboy, the ladies man
the-rake-0310-lg.jpg

Two-button mohair-silk-and-cotton jacket ($3,400), cotton shirt ($495), and silk pocket square ($140) by Tom Ford; cotton jeans ($1,450) by Dolce & Gabbana; leather belt ($995) by Brunello Cucinelli; white-gold Big Pilot watch ($26,500) by IWC; bracelets, from left, ($225) by Tod's, ($375) by Luis Morais, ($125) Giles & Brother by Philip Crangi; gold cuff links ($3,650) by David Yurman

The Minimalist - The Puritan, the man who never wears color.
the-minimalist-0310-lg.jpg

One-button wool suit ($1,295) and cotton shirt ($275) by Calvin Klein Collection; silk tie ($125) by Hugo Boss; leather shoes ($530) by Prada.

The Trad - The New Englander
the-trad-0310-lg.jpg

Three-button wool herringbone blazer ($265) by J. Crew; cotton shirt ($30) by L.L. Bean; cotton tie ($95) by Gant; cotton trousers ($98) by Dockers; leather belt ($45) by J. Press; leather loafers ($495) by Prada; glasses ($405) by Tom Ford.

The Rocker - the friend of the band
the-rocker-0310-lg.jpg

Leather jacket ($2,920) by Dior Homme; cotton-and-linen vest ($498) by John Varvatos; cotton shirt ($165) by John Varvatos Star USA; cotton jeans ($189) by 7 for All Mankind.

The Roller - The man of leisure, the easy rider.
the-roller-0310-lg.jpg

Three-button linen blazer ($2,295), cashmere polo ($1,320), and suede boots ($745) by Brunello Cucinelli; cotton T-shirt ($98) by John Varvatos Star USA; cashmere sweater ($695) by Loro Piana; cotton jeans ($70) by DKNY Jeans; bracelet ($70) by Miracle Icons; stainless-steel Thoroughbred Belmont chronograph ($4,050) and bead necklace ($350) by David Yurman.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
In my opinion there's just something satisfying about putting in the time and watching them start to look better and better. I heard you can throw them in the freezer to kill any bacteria but I just throw them on my floor, it's like always having friends with you, microorganisms friends.
ohwell.gif
APC's are definitely the best looking jeans on me I've had. Levi's tend to be a little too big for me but APC's are perfect. And no, they don't smell bad after months of wearing
laugh.gif

picked up some ties to match other shirts, but wanted to try em with this shirt as well...what u guys think?

okay guys, i need some help...

i've been lurking since this thread was created last year, but barely post in it.

i have an interview for grad school (doctor of physical therapy) next friday and i need something to wear. i don't own a suit so that's out of the question. the only things that i have set for my wardrobe for the interview is a pair of H&M charcoal, wool dress pants and black banana republic loafers. any suggestions on what i should wear up top?

fyi...my style is more-so like RFX's, except my wardrobe isn't as large and not as expensive.

damn, missed out on the puma black label shoes i wanted on Gilt
mad.gif

my size was in someone's cart when i got to them and they eventually checked out w/ them

Props to JKissi and the Street Ettiquette crew for their GQ feature.

Birth of the Cool: 20 Black Style Pioneers
So what if Black History Month is winding down? The calendar can't contain the legacy of these supremely stylish icons. By the men behind Street Etiquette

As we reported over on The GQ Eye, the sharp-dressed young gentlemen behind the blog Street Etiquette —Joshua Kissi and Travis Gumbs—recently launched aD.I.Y. photo project to commemorate Black History Month and the style legacy of men like Miles Davis and Sammy Davis Jr. We're fans of the feature, and of the blog's overarching appetite for figuring out what makes classic American style tick, and asked Joshua and Travis to collaborate with us on an expanded, more in-depth list. Here, then, a slideshow of the in-many-cases-unsung style heroes whose sartorial impact and influence reach way beyond the year's shortest month—in the words of the Street Etiquette guys themselves.

http://www.gq.com/how-to/...k-style-pioneers-article

Back
Top Bottom