Dressing better

niidawg....thats a nice green cardigan. what make and where u got that from (not to cop your style or nothing like that
laugh.gif
) ?

Paul Smith socks??? I have a similar pair but more lght blue and burgundy. I got it from NM at Lenox.

I got a couple of books by Alan Flusser----Dressing The Man" (2002) , and "Style of the Man" (1996). Any comments about those books?

Finally has anyone in GA been to the Brooks Brothers outlet in dawsonville GA----or up there in general. Any great places to get some high-end suits for a good bargain (preferably within the 350-500) price range??

Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by straight lux

if you have a Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH location near you. They're having a "Men's Sale" next week. Not sure of the specifics but I DO KNOW that the suits are going to be BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. I believe you pay for the most expensive suit. Brands like Hugo Boss, Ermenegildo Zegna, Theory, Armani, Ben Sherman, Versace, Calvin Klein, and so forth
laugh.gif
I recently bought a Ted Baker (London based) tie for $4.50 and a Zegna suit a few weeks ago for less than $100 (last seasons collection).
hey good looks on the info.  gonna definitely have to check this out...so what dates are implying with "next week?"  don't wanna take any chances
laugh.gif

and also, do they really have suits that cheap there?  i haven't really looked at their suits ever cuz i always assumed they would be ridiculously priced...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by hadegbite
What shoes are those? Are they RL? I have a black RL shoe that looks similar and I've been dying to find a brown pair ...
These are kinda old i have a few loafers so these dont get worn much. They are RL i cant remember the name

Thanks Niidawg i think you should get your self one, im not a big watch person but these NATO JCrew bands make me feel complete. It just adds more class without being overbering and i feel like its a nice stand out accessory for the spring/summer months.

man that green cardigan is awesome keep bringing the heat NII!

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

Originally Posted by RFX45

And these boots as well?
And these boots as well?

I already answered these questions several times, I just take the pics out so that it doesn't take up space.
So those red boots are Paul Smith Bihar boots.
The tan suede ones are Paul Smith Borelli boots.
no luck finding the tan ones online... pricing/info/link?
I got mine from Yoox several months ago, I'm afraid they are all gone now. 
Before that, I was only able to find the particular boots in a Japanese website, which I checked and they do not have it anymore either.

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

niidawg....thats a nice green cardigan. what make and where u got that from (not to cop your style or nothing like that
laugh.gif
) ?

Paul Smith socks??? I have a similar pair but more lght blue and burgundy. I got it from NM at Lenox.

I got a couple of books by Alan Flusser----Dressing The Man" (2002) , and "Style of the Man" (1996). Any comments about those books?

Finally has anyone in GA been to the Brooks Brothers outlet in dawsonville GA----or up there in general. Any great places to get some high-end suits for a good bargain (preferably within the 350-500) price range??

Much appreciated.

thanks man - the cardigan is from Vince. And the socks are house brand from Saks. I have a few PS ones too and they are pretty much the same in comfort and 20 bucks cheaper. I picked up 4 from the Off Saks outlet at Discover Mills about a month ago.

The BB outlet in Dawsonville - is that the same as North Georgia Premium Outlet? If so, i highly recommend them, especially when they are having BB Friends and Family or Holiday sales. I have picked up a few suits there - the most expensive i bought being 175. I have also purchased a few pair of pants and other knick-knacks ... North Georgia Outlet in general is a great place to shop on a discount.  

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Some new pick-ups minutes ago courtesy of Ebay:

Ferragamo

GANT:

Question about the GANT shoes I got:

I got it for $73 inc. shipping - is that a fair price for some GANT shoes? How cheap can they go @ the outlets?

Sorry I have no basis since 1. it's my first pair from them 2. We don't have GANT in Toronto (or I just haven't seen them)
Gant makes good clothes - i cannot speak for their shoes. 73 shipped is a touch on the high side for something you dont know about. I'd suggest asking about it prior to bidding/winning. You dont have to share the link if you are worried the snipers will take you out ... lol.

yeah, I agree it's a bit on a expensive side tbh especially if I don't know the brand - I'm familiar with the cloths they make though.

the auction states the retail is $140, I guess that's a fair price.

I was thinking of buying these or some Clarks Desert boots. If these don't look nice I can return them as per the seller's policy.

Yeah, Bond wears plenty of Churchs shoes along with John Lobb.
He has also worn Ecco at times.

And these boots as well?
And these boots as well?

I already answered these questions several times, I just take the pics out so that it doesn't take up space.
Before that, I was only able to find the particular boots in a Japanese website, which I checked and they do not have it anymore either.
bummer, thanks for checking.
suggest anything similar?

And these boots as well?
And these boots as well?

bummer, thanks for checking.
suggest anything similar?
Alden Unlined Chukka is a good alternative.
Retails for $388 though:

1494.jpg
1493.jpg
1492.jpg

Give anyone give some advice on wearing vests? I'm looking for one to wear casually, maybe with some dark jeans and a button down, something for the club or dinner, even with a tie. I could use some style tips and what to look for when purchasing one. I have one but it seems like the cut is way too high in the back. Any help would be appreciated.

I looked through the thread a few times (even posted a few times) But what are some good non mall brands that have good sales
Cause I'm consistantly looking at Express, Banana Republic ( to a lesser extent) Gap etc and being underwhelmed by what they have. Much less their sales.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

What shoes are those? Are they RL? I have a black RL shoe that looks similar and I've been dying to find a brown pair ...
These are kinda old i have a few loafers so these dont get worn much. They are RL i cant remember the name

Ok, yes, then those are the same ...

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Does anyone else feel like Express is the most tacky, terrible looking clothing line?

Is this the brand with the oversized griffin on the cardigans? I think the items look tacky in addition to looking cheap. I visited the store a few weeks ago when I was in the mall and the colors on their polos, cardigans, etc....were all very dull. For a presentation, one student was wearing a black/white cardigan and it looked like it was washed hundreds of times already.

Originally Posted by Bhupy

Question: When you leave a shirt untucked, should you leave the last button unbuttoned? What about when you tuck your shirt in?

(My friend told me that I am supposed to leave the last button unbuttoned)

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Does anyone else feel like Express is the most tacky, terrible looking clothing line?
there button ups fit nice, slim-fitting, but the t-shirts, etc. are
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom