Dressing better

Originally Posted by SShanique

I also bought this dress, possibly for graduation, but even if I don't wear it to graduation, I'll wear it somewhere. Then I went to look for some shoes to go with the dress. I couldn't decide on one pair, so I purchased two. Which pair of shoes goes with this best?

ru2ohd.jpg

nnw4z8.jpg

good choice to buy both - they each have their own appeal.

Originally Posted by Prolific Sole

Can anyone give some advice on wearing vests? I'm looking for one to wear casually, maybe with some dark jeans and a button down, something for the club or dinner, even with a tie. I could use some style tips and what to look for when purchasing one. I have one but it seems like the cut is way too high in the back. Any help would be appreciated.
Anyone?

Can anyone give some advice on wearing vests? I'm looking for one to wear casually, maybe with some dark jeans and a button down, something for the club or dinner, even with a tie. I could use some style tips and what to look for when purchasing one. I have one but it seems like the cut is way too high in the back. Any help would be appreciated.
Anyone?
Vests or waistcoats are one of those things that is difficult to pull off casually. It could come off as trying to hard at times but you also have to pick the right pattern/material to pull it off.
I'd suggest tweed or herringbone, a grey one is probably the easiest one to pull off but the most important thing is probably confidence.

I think this is an ok look (left pic).

gq-to-best-dressed-02.jpg

Or.

gqs-best-dressedJUSTIN.jpg

So I'd suggest just go with some dark jeans and white or light blue shirt.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Heads up-

H&M is having a $15 off all jackets and blazers in store. No coupon needed. Not sure until when though.
hmm, looks like it starts today...can't quite figure out when it ends in the states though...runs 3/11-3/25 in canada though...

how much does a blazer typically cost at h&m anyway?

I also bought this dress, possibly for graduation, but even if I don't wear it to graduation, I'll wear it somewhere. Then I went to look for some shoes to go with the dress. I couldn't decide on one pair, so I purchased two. Which pair of shoes goes with this best?

35cmxp3.jpg

ru2ohd.jpg

ou18pl.jpg

nnw4z8.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Heads up-

H&M is having a $15 off all jackets and blazers in store. No coupon needed. Not sure until when though.

Yup, got the email. I might have to pick up the khaki blazer even if there isn't a matching pants in my size.
RSD, H&M blazer usually cost from $60-$70, which isn't bad (for me at least as the fit is pretty god on me). 

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Haven't tried the Extra Slim by BB yet, but this is the mix of fit & quality I've found so far.  This is after the interview so it's wrinkled.

If you find them in the store, you deifnitely should give them a try. I actually got my white oxfords the other day and although not the most slim shirt there is, it isn't bad off the rack and for the price I paid. This is a 14.5/32 and the sleeves are just perfect length.

What's up with some shorts for the summer? Any slim fitting ones? Not too tight just the leg opening needs to be slim really. Curse of the chicken legs over here.

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by RFX45

I'm back, guys.

I was in the mall and saw this jacket in a store and had to have it. It reminds me of my favorite person, Michael Jackson. I actually wore this combination, but does anyone have any ideas on what I could pair it up with to make it look better?

zwtw3.jpg
rus96t.jpg

Dark jeans maybe. Or try a black, skin tight straight skirt with heels?

Great to see another woman posting - I might have to put up some looks soon.

Jacket looks navy to me, is that right?  A medium grey or charcoal pencil skirt with a lower-cut shell and killer heels would be a good look, imo.

The jacket is black.

Originally Posted by Meangene4

ou18pl.jpg
These just like what RFX45 said the other one's look like more a going out at night to hit up clubs. Very nice outfit.

You know somethin' Mean Gene... 
laugh.gif

It's funny how everybody likes these shoes best when I couldn't decide between the two.  These were cheaper, but I like the others better, probably because they are more comfortable.  I like both pair, though and will probably wear the ones you guys like.

Anyone?

I'm not a vest person, but if I were I'd choose a fitted vest.

Originally Posted by Meangene4

These just like what RFX45 said the other one's look like more a going out at night to hit up clubs. Very nice outfit.

You know somethin' Mean Gene... 
laugh.gif

It's funny how everybody likes these shoes best when I couldn't decide between the two.  These were cheaper, but I like the others better, probably because they are more comfortable.  I like both pair, though and will probably wear the ones you guys like.

I think it's because the second pair is more subtle and looks a bit more formal while the other one looks like a party style, too busy and such.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Picked up a pair of Puma El Rey's for the summer. First pair of Puma's ever, I like them.

1_140929_FS.JPG

i like em too, alotta folks were jockin these joints when i was in LA last sept/nov

Originally Posted by frst b0rn

question...noticed bootcut jeans get no love, why always straight over boot? curious...

Boot cut:
g-star-raw-denim-unit-bootcut-jeans.jpg

Straight cut:

gp644885-00p01v01.jpg
Gap-Straight-Fit-Jeans.jpg

Overall, the straight cut just has a cleaner look but it still depends on the overall cut of the jeans.

This jeans are straight cut but I wouldn't say they are a good look:

michael+jordan+jeans.jpg

Back
Top Bottom