Dressing better

Originally Posted by play2much2004

wj4 said:
Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by wj4

Also IMO speaking as a whole...in term of fashion....Americans are still way behind everyone else.
laugh.gif
oh sheesh, this is definitely true imo as well...especially when i'm just browsing lookbook...both guys and girls dress more classy outside of America.
I also think it has to do with the figure.  Europeans and Asians are usually more slim than Americans (which 2 out of 3 are overweight) so they get away with a lot more.  When I hit up places like Little Tokyo, man their style is on another level.  And also on Easter Sunday I was studying at Starbucks and a group of Koreans came in, I guess after the church session...joint was like a D&G fashion show. 
laugh.gif

I think it has more to do with comfort zones/not wanting to take a "fashion chance"...

Well, wouldn't your body weight help define your comfort zone?

If you're 350, you're not going to feel comfortable in D&G. One, the clothes will not fit right and Two, you probably will be self-conscious
in public.

The hell is going on in this thread?
Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by wj4

RFX45- I dig the Blazer and shirt combo, I wouldn't be worried about the hole in the sleeve.  Chances are the only one that will notice it will be you, try to take it to a tailor, see if it can be fixed.  It's nice.  Lose the pants, they match the emoticon 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 It's actually the crappy lighting and camera work. The pants are actually brown, it is this exact same pants: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3672824&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.3691990.3103792

Damn Yuku, this last page keeps disappearing.

Nii, love the white blazer but the patent captoes, just not doing it for me.
Also, just curious, do you have 2 pocket squares or just 1 with different patterns printed?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

i think the people arguing in here are really kinda missing the picture though...

fashion is extremely personal. i think this thread has evolved into a place to get ideas from others on possible outfits, get advice, etc.

i don't see a problem with criticizing any one outfit, helk it's a good thing, but to bash another person's style...naw, you can't really do that...fashion isn't black and white like that.

and btw, primetime, info on that cardigan?  looks nice.

So I can't bash on gucci mane's style? forreal?

or these dudes/dudettes?

I can't hate on their style? 

We ain't even hating on wj4's style.  It's his elitist attitude and artifically inflated "fashion sense". 

You talk too much.

What kind of point are you trying to make? Cause you really arent making one, you just keep running your mouth, and you are going nowhere.

Let the man wear what he likes, if you dont like it critique it and keep it moving.

And im sure you are going to respond to this, but im not going to respond back cause its really not going to go anywhere.

Gotta love the internet.

normal_internet-seriousbusiness.jpg

Going to make fun of his outfit sense as well?

I got them at H&M about a year about and I don't remember seeing a gray pair. They had a black pair, but again, this was a year ago. They probably have something similar now in a gray color though.

niidawg3, you wearing the brooks brothers extra slim fit shirts has got me wanting to try them out.  i would say you're about average size like me and not super skinny.  the term "extra slim fit" just made me think they were meant for lean guys but the website describes them for men with broader shoulders.  i have big shoulders and have a hard time finding shirts that fit right.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

Also IMO speaking as a whole...in term of fashion....Americans are still way behind everyone else.
laugh.gif
oh sheesh, this is definitely true imo as well...especially when i'm just browsing lookbook...both guys and girls dress more classy outside of America.
I also think it has to do with the figure.  Europeans and Asians are usually more slim than Americans (which 2 out of 3 are overweight) so they get away with a lot more.  When I hit up places like Little Tokyo, man their style is on another level.  And also on Easter Sunday I was studying at Starbucks and a group of Koreans came in, I guess after the church session...joint was like a D&G fashion show. 
laugh.gif
Lookbookers (not a real word) lol are a mix of preppy, hipster, and just plain japanese I'll put on anything I got in my closet just to get that layer look.
as opposed to americans just either being more casual and wearing stuff that feel comfortable and urban.

Who cares.

Eventually your going to have to dress 'nicely' - you can't wear baggy jeans and AF1s with a new era hat all your life. We're not saying you have to buy Polo etc.. high end brands.. just dress to your age.

Society will look at you differently, same with women. I know some of you don't care what others think, but seriously?

nii
my mom's making me go to this family reunion this summer in atlanta. she said it's near buckhead where can i ditch my family and go shopping?

Originally Posted by I3

Who cares.

Eventually your going to have to dress 'nicely' - you can't wear baggy jeans and AF1s with a new era hat all your life. We're not saying you have to buy Polo etc.. high end brands.. just dress to your age.

Society will look at you differently, same with women. I know some of you don't care what others think, but seriously?
Agreed 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

^Durden, I think to an extend..yes. I think I may have worded it a bit weird due to multi-tasking last night. IE: Some of my car friends just stick to hoody/sweater and jeans because it's amongst 'the norm'. Some of them said they would like to try out, say a cardigan, but don't wanna get clowned by their friends as to wearing a 'grandpa' sweater.
laugh.gif
Again I was just trying to engage in a debate.

Oh ok, self-consious among your social circle, not in the general public.

I understand now.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

nii
my mom's making me go to this family reunion this summer in atlanta. she said it's near buckhead where can i ditch my family and go shopping?

so much to do in terms of shopping in buckhead:

1. lenox
2. phipps, which is opposite lenox
3. filene's basement (i think they suck but worth  checking out.
4. marshalls

all these are in less than a quarter mile radius

then you can go to midtown (about 3 miles from buckhead) and check out Atlantic  Station (h&m and a bunch of stores here), Sid Mashburn (probably the best men's store in town), a bunch of thrift stores, all within a mile of each other

Originally Posted by wj4

^Durden, I think to an extend..yes. I think I may have worded it a bit weird due to multi-tasking last night. IE: Some of my car friends just stick to hoody/sweater and jeans because it's amongst 'the norm'. Some of them said they would like to try out, say a cardigan, but don't wanna get clowned by their friends as to wearing a 'grandpa' sweater.
laugh.gif
Again I was just trying to engage in a debate.
or they could think a cardigan is tacky, where you may think it's not....the GREAT thing about fashion is that it's subjective.  Thinking you're better than someone because of the clothes you wear is a character flaw (not saying that you do). 

good thread, one of my fav's on nt. looking for some suggestions. what shoes would you guys recommend as everyday type kicks ? looking for something that works for casual outfits (jeans/khaki's with t's/button ups etc. nothing too fancy). i think chucks look pretty good but my pair is now pretty worn and need to be replaced, i'm not against going with another pair of chucks but was looking to see what you guys would suggest and i'm alway open to suggestions. thanks in advance

Originally Posted by 23kickz

good thread, one of my fav's on nt. looking for some suggestions. what shoes would you guys recommend as everyday type kicks ? looking for something that works for casual outfits (jeans/khaki's with t's/button ups etc. nothing too fancy). i think chucks look pretty good but my pair is now pretty worn and need to be replaced, i'm not against going with another pair of chucks but was looking to see what you guys would suggest and i'm alway open to suggestions. thanks in advance

here are some more options...
http://www.valetmag.com/ask-valet/style/2010/affordable-casual-sneakers-020310.php

also, i know not everybody is into them but i really enjoy wearing boat shoes, especially as it starts getting warmer
there are a couple of companies that make more casual pairs (Sperry, Jack Purcell, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom